F-4 vs F-16!! and little qustion

jihajia

Sorry I can't help you with your question but a dogfight between an Fighterbomber with it's first flight in the 50s and an  air superiority fighter with a first flight in the 70s is a no brainer i guess ;) (Just looking at every single performance spec the F4 is crushed by the F16 except thrust, but then it weighs 5t more.)

If the F4 could beat an F16 regularly in a dogfight the General Dynamics design team wouldn't be employed for much longer afterwards.

I like them both though, just from different eras and designed with different mission profiles in mind.

To answer your question about exhaust smoke, without some serious .cfg modifying it's not gonna happen.

A quick google search makes me think it's at least possible to change the effect though.

X definitions

FX definitions specify visual effects associated with this part, including engine exhausts, explosions, and coloration. Each one is a unique effect, and the only parameters they take is the location/offset that the effect occurs at. The 'active' switch on the end is used to define when this effect will be visible. See the FX Groups listing to know which effect groups are available, and when they are used. It's also possible to assign an effect to more than just one FX Group. If for instance, you want a smoke effect to be visible both when the part activates and also when it deactivates itself, you can do this:

fx_gasBurst_white = x, y, z, angx, angy, angz, activate, deactivate

This is particularly useful if you're defining a lot of effects, like the gas discharges on an RCS module.

fx_exhaustFlame_yellow = x, y, z, angx, angy, angz, active
 fx_exhaustLight_yellow = x, y, z, angx, angy, angz, active
 fx_smokeTrail_medium = x, y, z, angx, angy, angz, active

Known FX calls are listed below:

• fx_exhaustFlame_blue_small
  • fx_exhaustFlame_yellow
  • fx_exhaustFlame_yellow_tiny
  • fx_exhaustFlame_blue
  • fx_exhaustFlame_white_tiny
  • fx_exhaustLight_yellow
  • fx_exhaustLight_blue
  • fx_smokeTrail_medium
  • fx_smokeTrail_light
  • fx_gasBurst_white
  • fx_exhaustSparks_flameout
  • fx_exhaustSparks_yellow

Here's the link to the wiki if you are feeling brave:

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/CFG_File_Documentation

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.