Could you increase the limit of UI scale for 4K monitor please?

I really wanna play KSP with my new 4K resolution monitor, the hardware performance is fine, rendering quality is marvelous! But the UI and font is too small to see. I tried to scale up the UI, but the maximum scale value is only 120%. I think it's good to increase the max scale to 200% for 4K resolution corresponding to the UI size under 1080p. I hope doing this is pretty easy for the development team, am I right? :D Thank you very much!

I run at 1920x1080 on my HDTV and am 6 feet back. I need higher than 120% in order to read the font (i.e. I have tried the UI scaling at 120% in pre-1.1 beta). I can't even play version 1.0 because the font is so small.

Please increase the UI scaling to at least 200% like stated above! Thanks!!

Edited by sceaga
clarification

• 2 weeks later...

I play on a 55" 4k TV and I'm only 2 meters away, and the font size is a real problem.  You can increase the UI scale to 200% in the settings.cfg file in the KSP root folder.  Change the line UI_SCALE = 1.2 to UI_SCALE = 2.0.  There is however a problem with this in that any scaling above the max 120% (1.2) affects the info bar at the top centre of the screen when at the K.S.C (the one that displays Funds / Rep / Science). Scaling to 130 or 140% means the rep is not shown at all and any scaling above 150% removes the bar completely so you cannot see how much Funds / Rep / Science you have when at the K.S.C.  The Funds display in the V.A.B/S.P.H still work and the Toolbar App display of Funds / Rep / Science in the flight scene still works fine however.  I know it's not ideal but you can at least read what's on the screen.

EDIT:-  I also use Sarbian's great MakeItSmall mode to adjust the flight UI because 200% scaling makes it ridiculously big.  The best would be for Squad to make UI and text scaling separate options, but given what they have on their plate already I don't see that happening any time soon.

Edited by A_Burnt_Rodent
clarification

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.