Where did your username come from?

spacebrick3

When I was little I had a toy monkey named Pippo. He was the best. My name is Nik, so when I created my username I was called Pip4nik. Then after a few years I grew out of this name. In CS:GO people tended to call me 'pink' instead of 'pip' so I decided to use florid (a synonym with pink) in my new name. I'm guessing you know where the monkey came from.

Edited by Florid Monkey

I've been using mine for a while now. I came up with it while playing RCT3 and used it for my YouTube account. (in which I had grandiose plans for it that never came to fruition) I was thinking, "rollercoasters are fast, why not supersonic?" The "Mr" was just there for no particular reason. Then I used it for Minecraft and it stuck. I use variants if it's already taken, like M1stersupersonic (YouTube), M5trsupersonic (Twitch), but most of the time it's avalable in the regular Mrsupersonic format.

Edited by Mrsupersonic8

years ago i went my Narf (a little creature I made in year 6 (9-10YO),I kinda didn't want to explain the story to everyone.so when i made my profile for something (forgot what it was) i looked around and all i saw was a watermelon and a doodle of a kerbal i made,so i became melonkerbal. If your looking for me on any site it would be similar to narf or melonkerbal.

Just now, martinezfg11 said:

I would like to know where @Porkjet and @regex got their usernames from. :) 

My nick on various BattleTech forums was LostInSpace (you may remember me as the original developer of "Solaris Skunkwerks") and I think someone else had a similar name here so I chose something different.  When I signed up for the forums I was writing a regex at work.

vOv

A friend said it to me jokingly and it stuck. No meaning behind it or anything. The flying pig reference thing I actually only understood a long while later but it seemed to give it some sense

Edited by Porkjet

18 minutes ago, regex said:

My nick on various BattleTech forums was LostInSpace (you may remember me as the original developer of "Solaris Skunkwerks") and I think someone else had a similar name here so I chose something different.  When I signed up for the forums I was writing a regex at work.

vOv

Oh I do :) I'm Ash off the old MW4Online and DSC forums. The nick Ash is obviously because it's my name. And the Alpha comes from the BTech terminology 'Alpha Strike'. Which was the MW4 clan I 'founded'.

EDIT - I made this.

Edited by AlphaAsh

I was an admin at one of the largest forums of ummmm... questionable reputation... for a number of years.

After I left, I needed a break, but didn't want to leave my old handle behind, thus TMS is a sorta acronym of my old handle, but doesn't directly link me to it.

I use different nicks for different online activities. Some time ago I made a mod for a zombie game. In that game my preferred strategy was to move stealth, in the shadows, to not trigger the zombie hordes, then to pop out and splat them with my shotgun.

I was thinking of calling myself "V8" but after a few forums had that name taken already ( Probably because V8 is linked to engines) so I decided to move the number down one. (very creative, I know...)

Aerospace only came about after I started playing KSP, and at first I wanted to be called V7 Aerospace Industries, but many forums wouldn't allow a username that long.

So in the end I shortened it, and I guess since then, I've used "V7 Aerospace" for pretty much everything.

My username is personally ubiquitous. It originated before I knew how to spell 'echo.' It stuck because plenty of people actually do know how to spell 'echo.' I've never once run into a conflicting username. 

More accurately, Ehco Corrallo is my protagonist. He's a very different character from Emoticon Writer (my avatar). 

My user name(s) is/are simple, my first name, (ben) and my last name (green). 7 is my favorite number. The (gee) part was because I once put an absurd amount of monoprop engines (these for some reason have no mass) on a tiny command pod, turn on infinite fuel and let the lag start. As a result I accelerated at OVER 9000! gees and crashed the game. :( 

Mine came out of my attempt to come up with a random-sounding username for... TF2 of all things. Those days are long gone, but I kept on using the name and it sort of stuck. Kind of wish I hadn't picked something so... unusual... now, but what can you do. Re-branding is hard.

Edited by IncongruousGoat
Typo

Pretty sure mine is self explanatory...  :wink:

My real name is Jim, and a few years back I got tired of trying to think of a unique screen name for a different forum, so I started using Just Jim, and it stuck.

Three days before I was to graduate my thesis and everything I had done in 5 years of architecture school was thrown in a dumpster and destroyed. I spent 8 hours in the rain sifting through heaps of old demo trash and rotting food to find about 10% of everything I had ever done hoping I could photoshop water-damage to look cool. I had split earlier that month from the girl I had dated for the previous 8 years, so.. I was a bit low. I bought a one way ticket to India. 

Once there I experienced some things I can't fully describe, but that shook me from the kind of woe-is-me white straight male college educated brand of depression I'd been feeling for the last several years. Lets just say I gained a bit of perspective on what constituted real suffering. I traveled up into the mountains hoping to hike past border security into Nepal, which was closed due to a civil war at the time. On the way up I got dengue fever and was trapped in a small pilgrim village near the source of the Alaknanda tributary (its an underground river through tibet that comes out of the side of the Himalayas like a geyser and forms half of the Ganges). They call dengue fever "bone crushing fever", and I spent 8 days in a concrete hovel with no medicine but vegetable soup and peanut butter honey paste in a kind of pain I don't think most people could understand. Once I started to feel better I devoted myself to helping the woman who had nursed me to health. Without getting too mystical about it I met a man in a cave up in the mountains there and his name was P'thigrivi. 

My YouTube username is TheKosanianMethod. That was the result of me sitting on the edge of my bed, staring at my door, thinking about what the Internet would know me as. It comes from my last name, but I don't know how "method" came into the mix. I think it comes from me doing things my way, all the time. I added "the" because many of the successful YouTubers have three-part names (Pewdipie, Jacksepticeye). Well, no, now that I think about it, it comes from a running joke I made a while ago (as in over three years ago). I was annoyed by all of the ways to do one math problem, and I made a convoluted way of doing a simple addition problem. I called it the "Kosanian" method. I don't even remember how to do it, it was so complicated. Ever since then, when someone does something the hard way my freinds say, "That's the Kosanian Method of doing that." It stuck, and now I really like it. Plus, who the hell is going to use that username? And if it's too long, I use "TheKMethod" instead,  like my Reddit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.