Show off your awesome KSP videos!

Talisman

This time sent up a manned rover with the hope of finding the equatorial arch. If you just want to see the arch and the return to Kerbin, just skip to 8:20, since this one was a little lengthy and everything before it is just me chattering while driving along the surface.

I\'ve been putting out videos like mad for the last little while. May seem like I only post every week or so, but I spend 80% of my time working on these projects, finalizing, rendering, re-rendering, Cropping, Transitioning, rendering, re-rendering, etc. :P

But I finally finished a good solid PSA. It\'s about time.

The Twelve Nightmares of Kerbal Space Program

Produced by the KSA in association with other low budget production groups.

Detailing the risks of low budget rocketry and exploiting numerous common failures come upon by a lengthy investigation of the majority of Kerbal Space Programs.

NO KERBALS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS VIDEO. THE CAPSULES WERE UN-KERBED AND THE DEAD FLOATING BODY WAS ONLY A WELL PAINTED SOCK MONKEY.

Nice vids, Streelamp. I think you should lessen the camera shakes a bit, though, they seem a bit unnatural, even for hand-held cameras (and the vibrations from you other video, I know you wanted to add effect with the shakiness, but it\'s almost difficult to watch correctly because of this (onboard cameras on the space shuttle didn\'t even shake a tiny bit)).

Other than that, you\'re doing a pretty good job =P

I would recommend FRAPS. Very simple and efficient to use. Doesn\'t slow down my system a bit.

Good tip on that Alt-Click btw, didn\'t know about that.

Dxtory + UT Theme/AMV3 codecs works way better than fraps. Lower file sizes, lower cpu and gpu usage and you can edit audio streams before merging them together in a program like audacity.

OK here are mine.

There are five so far, newest at the top.

Three with music.

Two shots from Kerbin to the Mün and back by the same rocket.

Launching a big stock space station into orbit around the Mün.

Kerbol star orbit and back to Kerbin with a little ship.

Two without music.

Capsule retrieval from Münar orbit.

Early days mission to the Mün and back to Kerbin.

Nice vids, Streelamp. I think you should lessen the camera shakes a bit, though, they seem a bit unnatural, even for hand-held cameras (and the vibrations from you other video, I know you wanted to add effect with the shakiness, but it\'s almost difficult to watch correctly because of this (onboard cameras on the space shuttle didn\'t even shake a tiny bit)).

Other than that, you\'re doing a pretty good job =P

In one word: Agreed. I was dithering whether to use it or not seeing how camera shakes are very difficult to get right(and by right I mean believable). I didn\'t feel that the current effects were out of line *enough* to prompt a retuning. Ill keep working on them.

As for static on-board cameras when you play the unaltered film next to the altered one, the camera shake does attract the eye significantly more. But I agree that a tuning of the camera shake is in order.

Thanks for pointing this out, I wouldn\'t have done that much to fix a problem that (To my past knowledge) didn\'t exist.

My next work is in stage one. Could be a while before anything major takes place. (1:Planning 2:Filming 3:Adding Effects 4:Tweaking Audio 5:Render Demo 6:Fix Errors in Demo 7:Repeat steps 5&6 8:Publish, take down, and repeat step 7 9:Finalize final piece :10 Post and add something slightly witty in the vid desc)

Great thread!

Here\'s a video record of a capture mission I flew, in an attempt to clean up the orbiting junk floating around Kerbin.

I\'m using a set of reversed landing legs as a primitive grapple, based on a video I saw in which someone retrieved a capsule from the Mun and sent it back to Kerbin.

Ever wonder why NASA spacewalk footage is so boring? It\'s because working in space is HARD, and the astronauts are trying to be very careful.

(I reuploaded my video to fix some typos and improve the commentary.)

http://youtu.be/oE8KVOCDM5U

One I just uploaded; The Munlex Project.

I tried to basically go through the process of a normal mission on KSP, but sort of failed with a flawed design. Eventually, I managed to get it orbiting the Mun.

I really want to make awesome ksp videos but i dont have a capture software :\'(

What software would you guys suggest is the best to make ksp videos

I recommend Fraps. It gives a good capture frame rate with a low lag key whilst recording. The demo lets you record for thirty seconds before automatically stopping. It\'s without a doubt worth buying.

I don\'t have any awesome videos, but I thought I\'d share a kind of summary one I did; made up of footage I\'ve been collecting over the past few updates.

(The title is ironic - I\'m well aware that I\'m a rank amateur compared to some of the folks on the forum).

And there\'s also my latest \'reusable\' Shuttle.

Don\'t click either if you dislike fruity language - I\'m not actually sure if I employ any, but there\'s every likelihood.

Here is a Mun adventure which includes visiting a Munolith (location not spoiled), orbital rendezvous above the Mun and landing at KSC with the boarded shuttle craft:

Enjoy!

Tab

Here is a Mun adventure which includes visiting a Munolith (location not spoiled), orbital rendezvous above the Mun and landing at KSC with the boarded shuttle craft.

Enjoy!

Tab

That was awesome.