Need help on modeling

Hi guys, 

i'm new here in the forums and also in mods and i'm having some trouble in modeling the parts just for fun if anyone knows a GOOD tutorial about modeling in blender, plz leave the links below

I'm not a modder myself but this thread looks good.

[MOD - Recursive link to this thread removed - sumghai]

Edited by sumghai
Recursive link to this thread removed

40 minutes ago, XdiiasXD said:

i'm still having trouble in the scale, like blander to ksp does anyone know is a table sizes(of ksp like 1.25m) transformed into blender sizes?

Model sizes are generally 1:1 scale, so 1.25m in Blender is 1.25m in KSP. No conversion tables are needed.

1 hour ago, XdiiasXD said:

Well i put 1.25 in blender and it is still bigger in ksp

There are a few things to check. In the CFG you made, do you have "scale = 1.0" and "rescaleFactor = 1.0"? If not, add those. I'd check that first.

16 hours ago, XdiiasXD said:

Hi guys, 

i'm new here in the forums and also in mods and i'm having some trouble in modeling the parts just for fun if anyone knows a GOOD tutorial about modeling in blender, plz leave the links below

Polycount and Youtube. If you're new to modeling consider Sketchup free version, export models as collada, import into Blender, export to unity. Sketchup makes terrible export models, they usually have duplicate polygons (two polygons overlapping in the same space) blender has some kind of cleanup function you can run, not sure what it is (not a blender user).

These are the topics you'll need to cover/search for (most of them are covered on polycount in great detail:

• UV unwraping
  • vertex normals
  • UDIMS
  • modular textures
  • hard surface modeling
  • subD modeling
  • low poly modeling
  • texture painting
  • rigging
  • particle simulation
  • dynamics
  • ambient occlusion
  • normal mapping
  • specular shading
  • shader models
  • mesh triangulation
  • retopology
  • texture baking

When I was learning how to model (and still am), I was stuck searching for tutorials for my software package (Modo), but there weren't too many tutorials covering the things I wanted to learn as it applied to Modo. What I found out in time though, was that It's not that difficult to take the principles from one tutorial focused on texture baking for Maya and then search for the analogous methods for my software package of choice. However, there are loads of Blender tutorials. The hard part I've found is knowing what to search for. 

3 hours ago, NecroBones said:

There are a few things to check. In the CFG you made, do you have "scale = 1.0" and "rescaleFactor = 1.0"? If not, add those. I'd check that first.

i did that and it scaled up maybe to 2.5 m part

Just now, NecroBones said:

Yep. Make sure scale is set to "1" everywhere, and then everything should carry over at the same size.

So let me see if I understood, I put 1 in blender and in unity to make a 1.25m size part?

You will need to have your scale set to "1" in Unity, and in your part config via "scale" and "rescaleFactor", and then everything will come though with a 1:1 scale from how you make it in Blender.

Then, to make a 1.25m cylinder in Blender, you make it 1.25 in diameter (meaning a 0.625m radius cylinder). If you entered "1.25" for the radius in Blender, then yes, it will be 2.5m in diameter and will look double-sized when you bring it through to the game, because math. ;)

1 minute ago, NecroBones said:

You will need to have your scale set to "1" in Unity, and in your part config via "scale" and "rescaleFactor", and then everything will come though with a 1:1 scale from how you make it in Blender.

Then, to make a 1.25m cylinder in Blender, you make it 1.25 in diameter (meaning a 0.625m radius cylinder). If you entered "1.25" for the radius in Blender, then yes, it will be 2.5m in diameter and will look double-sized when you bring it through to the game, because math. ;)

OMG You are soooooooooo right, i'm so dumb that's why i failed in maths XD

I will try and keep you guys posted 

Finally I have made it :D,

So everythink looks very good, now my problem is that one of my attach nodes isn't working it doesn't recognise the node and the part comes in a 90 degree angle i will put my cfg file here because I think the problem comes from that cfg file

PART
{
	name = AAA
	module = Part
	author = Squad
	mesh = model.mu
	rescaleFactor = 0.625
	TechRequired = basicRocketry
	entryCost = 1200
	cost = 150
	category = FuelTank
	subcategory = 0
	title = AAA
	manufacturer = 
	description = 
	attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0
	mass = 0.0625
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 0.2
	minimum_drag = 0.2
	angularDrag = 2
	crashTolerance = 6
	maxTemp = 2000 // = 2900
	breakingForce = 50
	breakingTorque = 50
	bulkheadProfiles = size1, srf
	tags = fueltank ?lfo liquid oxidizer propellant rocket
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		amount = 45
		maxAmount = 45
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		amount = 55
		maxAmount = 55
	}
	NODE
	{
		name = top
		transform = Top
		size = 1
		method = FIXED_JOINT
	}
	NODE
	{
		name = bot
		transform = Bot
		size = 1
		method = FIXED_JOINT
	}

}

Edited by XdiiasXD

The attachment is going to completely depend on the transform orientation you have in the model, since you're using transforms for your attachment nodes. You might need to post some screenshots from Unity or something.

Usually I just make the nodes in the CFG the old way, since it's easy enough to edit them later that way.

22 hours ago, NecroBones said:

The attachment is going to completely depend on the transform orientation you have in the model, since you're using transforms for your attachment nodes. You might need to post some screenshots from Unity or something.

Usually I just make the nodes in the CFG the old way, since it's easy enough to edit them later that way.

Could you put a example of code to configure the node in cfg so i could take a look?

P.S: I'm not in my main computer now but when i get the oportunity to put them here i will,  I think i will work on another thank in this computer now 

Edited by XdiiasXD

On 4/9/2016 at 10:12 AM, XdiiasXD said:

Could you put a example of code to configure the node in cfg so i could take a look?

P.S: I'm not in my main computer now but when i get the oportunity to put them here i will,  I think i will work on another thank in this computer now 

Sure. You can look at pretty much any stock fuel tank. This is from the FL-T200, for instance:

node_stack_top = 0.0, 4.442, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
    node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -4.442, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
    node_attach = 5.01, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.