Is there a mod that you couldn't live without?

Foxster

• 2 years later...

There is a whole bunch of mods that I could list here, but I guess if I had to pick just one, it would most likely be AmpYear. There are numerous missions that had almost ended in disaster simply because I forgot to deploy solar panels before time warping, but thanks to reserve power it has saved all those missions from ending prematurely! In addition, it also helps with the occasional situation where you're trying to transmit science data, but don't have enough charge to transmit it.

There is no way to chose just one... There is no way for me to choose just 5.... it's hard enough to choose 10 I couldn't live without.

In no particular order:

KER

Editor Extensions Redux

IFS (HATE IT!!! but have to live with it)       :mad:

MechJeb (Can do it manually, but bored with that aspect)

Some mod that adds Nuclear reactors... either NF, USI, or even ThorTech... 

Some mod that adds more engines and fuel tanks. ModRocketSys, KWRocketry, and others...

FShangarExtender for sure!!

KJR.... sort of

HeatControl...

There are quite a few more... I would never be able to play with Stock + 1 mod.

If a stock dV readout were not imminent, I would say KER. But stock dV is coming in 1.6, and Basic Orbit seems like a good mod to replace the other parts of KER that I find useful, without the baggage of KER in its entirety.

I think the mod I can’t live without now is Precise Manoeuvre. It has tons of useful improvements to stock manoeuvre nodes. I can’t list all of them here, but they include stuff like the ability to adjust the values of the node and a ‘Circularise’ button.

One?  No, more like 3+.

KER - nearly impossible to design without it
(tho we will see how well 1.6 replaces the DV)

KAC + Precise Node or Precision (whichever is most up to date) - Yes these count as one. 
keeps me from missing the windows, and lets face it, nobody should routinely handfly a Hohmann transfer unless your name is Scott Manley

MJ - relieves the tedium in mid and late game.  NASA/SpaceX/BlueOrigin/Boeing/Northrop/VirginGalactic/etc do not hand fly their rockets, and neither do I.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.