Is there a mod that you couldn't live without?

Foxster

2 minutes ago, regex said:

Stealth "support a delta-V indicator in stock" thread detected.

No, no. Definitely not. That's one reason I said about it being updated. 

I'm talking existing mods here.

Edited by Foxster

No. But there are some that would come close.

No Precise Node and no suitable substitute would be a big blow. I'd probably give up on my "100 Worlds" save with its modded solar system, and give up 'serious' interplanetary missions in general and just mess around in Kerbin's SOI.

No FAR would make me pretty much give up on planes, spaceplanes, and shuttles, and go back to doing everything with rockets.

No Kopernicus would nix my "100 Worlds" save and make me sad, but maybe I'd go and do a grand tour in the stock system or something.

But nothing will make me play 1.0.5. I've experienced 1.1 and I am not going back.

There are plenty. Delta-V indicators are at the top of the list. KER, Mechjeb. The stock game just doesn't give enough info to properly play.

Contract configurator. No, I don't want to test that part I never use anyway on a ludicrious course taking me someplace I didn't really want to go. I want to build a space station, upgrade and manage it, and go to other planets. I want world firsts and the like.

Precise node wouldn't make me quit, but I might curl up in the corner and cry for a bit. Same for maneuver node splitter.

Edited by Enorats

I got very used to the Editor Extension and No Offset Limits mods over the last couple months. And I think I would miss Precise Node too, plus maybe Alarm Clock. All others I could live without (assuming dV readings are stock, haha)

KAC probably, but thinking about it seriously I would still play.  It would mean only one mission at a time instead of 'many' (30-something atm) though, so would be very limiting.

Quit for missing mods? Probably not, but there are some which would probably let me do some serious programming if they were missing: Kerbal Alarm Clock, the delta V indicators KER/Mech Jeb and most importantly: The Docking Alignment Indicator is a crucial thing for me.

KAC! I can do the rocket equation, but paying attention to all flights at the same time, or resort to a single mission at a time? Pfff. (Although there's a new feature in 1.1 that might be a suitable replacement if KAC didn't update, but it won't make me uninstall it)

KER, although I really only use it for Dv and twr info. But if Kerbal Joint Reinforcement were to disappear, I would have a very hard time enjoying ksp. I've come to despise wobbly rockets and just slapping struts everywhere seems like it shouldn't be necessary. Just my opinion though :)

Edited by Moarmau5

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.