[1.12.2+] Eve Optimized Engines v3.0.2

OhioBob

UPDATE

Version 3.0.0

Changelog

• Mod has been completely rewritten to provide part variants in lieu of new parts..

See opening post for download link and instructions.

v3.0.0 is a complete makeover in the way that Eve Optimized Engines works.  It now requires B9 Part Switch as dependency, and it works only in KSP 1.9+ (continue using v2.0.5 for older versions of KSP).  Gone are the old engines, such as the Viper and Cobra.  (The old engines still exist, so vessels built prior to v3.0.0 will still work, but the parts are now hidden and can no longer be used in new construction.)  Eve optimized engines are now variants of the standard stock engines, selectable by right-clicking on the part in the editor.  The variants are unlocked as part upgrades in the tech tree.

Edited by OhioBob

UPDATE

Version 3.0.1

Changelog

• Fix compatibility issues with mods that change the engine module.
  • Added engine specifications to the variant descriptions.
  • Added "eve" to tags list.

Is any part mods this is inconpatible with?

I used this with a lot of part mods(includes restock) but only the boa engine showed up.

and the asp engine only showed up when I filter parts by size.

Mods I used:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cf7eh2b4rmp9vg4/AACNClWS1g0NQmA3ISbG50YWa?dl=0

I'm on 1.8.1

Edited by Space Nerd

8 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

Is any part mods this is inconpatible with?

I don't know.  I use very few part mods, so it never gets tested with a lot of part mods installed.  What version of Eve Optimized Engines are you using?  If you're on KSP 1.8.1, you have to use v2.0.5.  V3.0.1 only works with KSP v1.9+.

I'm still on 1.8.1 since I'm using JNSQ. I'm using 2.0.3 of this mod and tried to make a MM patch that got this to work with ReStock but, alas, couldn't figure it out.

I had to manually add ":HAS[~RestockIgnore[*]]:AFTER[ReStock]" to all of the Eve Engine config files to get them to show up.

Edited by Kwebib

UPDATE

Version 2.0.6

Changelog

• Added a whitelist to keep Restock from blocking parts.
  • Added "eve" to tags list.

This is planned to be the final release of the old version of Eve Optimized Engines.  v2.0.6 is required for those still playing pre-1.9 versions of KSP.  Going forward only the 3.0 version of Eve Optimized Engines will be supported and updated.

• 2 years later...
13 hours ago, Artienia said:

Question - I remember there were eve-breathing engines,  I assume no plans for something like that to be added to this mod?

You're probably thinking of Explodium Breathing Engines.  There are no plans to add anything like that to this mod because that mod still exists.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Hi @OhioBob, we have been requested to add Eve Optimized Engines to CKAN. We only add mods to CKAN if it's OK with the author. Is this OK with you?

Certainly.  Go right ahead and add it.  Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Just grabbed this, I have other mods running too, but I got this warning while loading the game (before the main menu, since it takes about half an hour... I need to move KSP to an M.2 SSD when I can get one). Not sure what to do about this. The log file it mentions is uh, also rather big. 10MB of text! Not sure if you're going to want to review that too. If so, let me know and I'll zip it up (text almost always compresses really well) and send it over.

V4dqF7V.png

55 minutes ago, silvermistshadow said:

Just grabbed this, I have other mods running too, but I got this warning while loading the game (before the main menu, since it takes about half an hour... I need to move KSP to an M.2 SSD when I can get one). Not sure what to do about this. The log file it mentions is uh, also rather big. 10MB of text! Not sure if you're going to want to review that too. If so, let me know and I'll zip it up (text almost always compresses really well) and send it over.

I don't know what to tell you, it works fine for me.  What versions are you using?  I'm using KSP 1.12.5, EOE v3.0.2, B9PS 2.20.0, and MM 4.2.2.  I get no errors and everything works as it should.  I suppose it's possible that some other mod you have installed could be messing it up.

2 hours ago, OhioBob said:

I don't know what to tell you, it works fine for me.  What versions are you using?  I'm using KSP 1.12.5, EOE v3.0.2, B9PS 2.20.0, and MM 4.2.2.  I get no errors and everything works as it should.  I suppose it's possible that some other mod you have installed could be messing it up.

Looks like it was RealFuel's problem. I really only even installed it because something else I wanted (prettier looking engine plumes or something? I think realplume was what I installed that needed it) needed it. So I uninstalled that and there's no obvious warnings this time (loading screen also said 1 warning instead of 5 so that's already a lot better, though it also wouldn't tell me what the one warning was)

• 2 months later...

Help

Everything is broke.

For some reasons the game not shows the button to change the nozzle , it only says the engine is optimazed for kerbin.

Spoiler

jKz1sbY.png

B9PartSwitch seems to works fine for everything else.

This is happening in multiple installations, only my stock installation and my JNSQ installation are working correctly.

There is no mod in my JNSQ installation that is not event in the others, so i don't know if it's a incompatibility with another mod.

KSP.log

Edited by urturino

1 hour ago, urturino said:

Help

Everything is broke.

For some reasons the game not shows the button to change the nozzle , it only says the engine is optimazed for kerbin.

B9PartSwitch seems to works fine for everything else.

This is happening in multiple installations, only my stock installation and my JNSQ installation are working correctly.

There is no mod in my JNSQ installation that is not event in the others, so i don't know if it's a incompatibility with another mod.

KSP.log

I have no idea what the "Girello" engine is.  You are obviously using a mod that has modified the stock engines.  It appears this mod has broken Eve Optimized Engines.  EOE works fine with stock engines.  You may have to make a choice between which mod you want more.

3 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

I have no idea what the "Girello" engine is.  You are obviously using a mod that has modified the stock engines.  It appears this mod has broken Eve Optimized Engines.  EOE works fine with stock engines.  You may have to make a choice between which mod you want more.

Girello is just the italian translation for the Swivel.

I don't think to have other mod that change the stock engine.

39 minutes ago, urturino said:

Girello is just the italian translation for the Swivel.

I don't think to have other mod that change the stock engine.

Something is different, because that doesn't look like the stock Swivel that I know.  Do you have Restock installed?

21 minutes ago, urturino said:

Yes. But I also have it in the stock and jnsq installations.

I don't know what to tell you.  I can't debug it for you.  There's likely some other mod interfering with it.  I recommend you remove all mods but for the bare essentials.  Then reinstall them one at a time until you find the one that breaks it.

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

I don't know what to tell you.  I can't debug it for you.  There's likely some other mod interfering with it.  I recommend you remove all mods but for the bare essentials.  Then reinstall them one at a time until you find the one that breaks it.

I found the problem.

Although all parts of the tech tree node containing the engine upgrade for eve were purchased, individual upgrades remained unpurchased and must be unlocked manually.

They work now; Thank for the help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.