Serial Space Station: Add your own module! (Closed - check out the new Community Space Station thread instead!)

Just now, Ranows3 said:

Good to know.  Whenever I've been playing this challenge, have been using a clean install.  Haven't even used my two favorite mods, engineer and the navyfish docking port mod

That's hardcore :D

Utility mods don't modify saves, you can use them anytime. Gameplay mods are a different story.

2 minutes ago, Enceos said:

That's hardcore :D

Utility mods don't modify saves, you can use them anytime. Gameplay mods are a different story.

I know.  Decided about a month ago that since I've never played KSP unmodded I was going to try a career and have been having fun figuring out the delta-v requirements and getting my ship aligned for docking properly by myself.

1 hour ago, Ranows3 said:

I know.  Decided about a month ago that since I've never played KSP unmodded I was going to try a career and have been having fun figuring out the delta-v requirements and getting my ship aligned for docking properly by myself.

There is a streamer who plays only stock. No mods ever. I just love watching him do magic https://www.twitch.tv/ej_sa

New save file:   https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggamjk3onn6lsug/KSS.sfs?dl=0

I didn't know what was going on with the Jool ship so I started a new one.  

8 parts plus a docking port.  Holds 3 crew and has 8269 m/s dv

I'm going to be expanding this so no salvage please It's the ship with two nukes on the side.

Edited by JebsDead

I have the save

bleh...vab crashes...

And a power outage on re-entry?!???

4 hours ago, JebsDead said:

8 parts plus a docking port.  Holds 3 crew and has 8269 m/s dv

This seems a smidgen on the edge of the intent of the challenge imo, given you're going to need KIS to make it any bigger, but the ref is on vacay, so... *shrugs*

EDIT: Due to a certain commander's track record in manned flight simulations, Mission Control decided to restrict this mission to a probe. (see "tuna can"). They were happy (and frankly surprised) to announce a successful mission and command module retrieval. The KSS now sports comfortable lodging for 8 just across the bay from the docks. A perfect spot for kerbalnauts to stretch their legs while they wait for their next departure.

I release the save KSS.sfs

Edited by Venusgate

1 hour ago, Enceos said:

@hoowuth That's one super overweight lifter. It can probably reach even Jool with those solar panels :3

lmao, im sure pretty much all of my craft are super overweight, i never watch efficiency. As long as it gets the job done :P

This save is broken for me.   The space station is marked as a ship, named HHT-894, and I cannot fly it from the space center.  When I Hyperedit to it it seems normal but the new additions is 9 parts plus docking ports not 5. 

Is anyone else having problems using the save from Hoowuth? 

Edited by JebsDead

1 hour ago, hoowuth said:

Something happened with the save but here is another: KSS.sfs

Should post the KSS.sfs I got from here, the persistent.sfs or SerialStation.sfs as I saved it?

I confirm, the save loads fine for me. And it was probably made from a quicksave, so loading it via Alt+F9 takes directly to the station.

Edited by Enceos

2 hours ago, Jaffa Cookie said:

@Enceos

Ah. Ok sure. I'll get right on to a mission, does a "hanger bay" count? Or a shuttle? Anyway...

Oh and the 5 part limit? (excludes 2 docking ports right?)

5part limit for station modules (plus up to two ports)
No mod parts
De-orbit/terminate your launchers.
Make a video or screencap record of your trip :)

1 minute ago, Jaffa Cookie said:

The new save should be up tomorrow,

Just adding my little part to the station, Also i'm asuming 3 docking ports count as 1 to the overall part count so I believe?

That is my interpretation, yes.

@Jaffa Cookie Are you claiming the save?  I want to get in line to do a quick mission.  If you aren't going to be flying until tomorrow can you confirm that you don't have the save.  

3 docking ports = 1 part ... correct.  The two docking ports are freebies. 

@Venusgate How do you think my ship is outside of the scope of the rules?  @Jetski said 8 parts for interplanetary ships right?  

Since the first ship is going to Jool I thought I'd take mine to Duna.  I think my tiny lander (next launch) has enough dV for a Duna landing.

I inadvertently added too many parts to my mining rig. The docking ports got added in 4 part symmetry putting me three over.  I'll remove the three extras on my next mission. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.