Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

When you press start detection you will draw series of dots.

white = noting

green = kethane

coordinates are based of the last know area where you found kethane. These coordinates you can use to use mechjeb or any other coordination tool to find your way there.

It takes a while to find kethane. It isn't easy.

So i put together a plane with everything on it and flew it around Kerbin in hope of finding some Kethane fields. I knew which direction to go from scans with the orbital satelite.

Kethane.png

After getting the signal that Kethane was found i landed the plane and started extracting and converting.

Kethane1.png

There seems to be 1 small problem. It doesn't stop converting when the tanks are full.

If you guys improve on the UI aspect of the mod you got a real gamechanger in your hands. Congratulations on the good work!

Here's the newest build of the PowerTech-MuMech adapter. And now it really revives the dead batteries (although it doesn't fix couple other glitches, like wrong max amount when loading not full batteries or strange engine behavior when it runs out of power - sorry, but I can't alter that from here).

http://www./?99l9b9w291idg9g

Doesn't seem to be working. After the battery dies, it still doesn't recharge. Although you can see the 'fuel' meter flash occasionally, as if it's trying (my engines are definitely off).

So you can convert Kethane into Liquid Fuel. How exactly? Let's say I have this Kethane filled tank on the mun, I land with a rocket. Now how do I refuel this rocket?

Mine Kethane.

Pump Kethane to other vessel.

Use Converter.

Win.

Having problems getting the sensor to attach to side of anything. I can stick it on top (where the chute goes) or on the bottom (where the engine is) but I can't stick it on the side of tanks, wings, pylons etc. Makes placement very limited. Is that a model thing or a game thing? I can a LOT of other things on the side of tanks but not the sensor.

Having problems getting the sensor to attach to side of anything. I can stick it on top (where the chute goes) or on the bottom (where the engine is) but I can't stick it on the side of tanks, wings, pylons etc. Makes placement very limited. Is that a model thing or a game thing? I can a LOT of other things on the side of tanks but not the sensor.

This is by design and balancing reason. Hard to explain atm. But we will make a smaller sensor that you can fit on the side. Negative side effect of it is that it is weaker.

This is by design and balancing reason. Hard to explain atm. But we will make a smaller sensor that you can fit on the side. Negative side effect of it is that it is weaker.

Well, frankly, I've no idea where I'm suppose to place this on a satellite. I can't stick it under the engine and if I replace my chute then my Kerbal never returns ...

Well, frankly, I've no idea where I'm suppose to place this on a satellite. I can't stick it under the engine and if I replace my chute then my Kerbal never returns ...

place 3 smaller chutes radially and put the sensor ontop.

...or simply build a Kethane Lobster :D

- All Kethane services / devices fitted

- ION Drive

- LH Rover ground mobility

- VTOL capable (Eagle pack)

- LH Payload Capsule rdy

- MechJeb Avionics

- EPS

- ZO2 incl. ground equipment

- MapSat

- Kosmos animated Panels using EPS (ZO2)

- all i forgot to mention...

i250004_KethaneExplorer8.jpg

(i assembled the sensor on the side using a Kosmos external fuel assembly part, yes i know... i forgot turning the landing gear 45 deg :rolleyes:)

more screens here: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/63186578/1/Kethane_Lobster?h=c0ce93

many Thanks to all involved, its working great, scanning and landing there then is amazing, a bit like treasure hunting !

...any chance that debris ships (i devided them using 2 MechJeb ACC cases (this create 2 crafts out of one) will be showing in the pumpig target list ?, i use it as some kind of fuel/Kethane base store after landing and launching the Lobster. The debis craft is independent, boardable and or selectable as a craft using mission control.

...same for the fuel transfer mod then but i have to ask in the right threat then also it seams.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.