Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

Heres my rubbish Mining set up.

There is supposed to be 6 units but I have only landed 2 and orbited 1.

I have landed a miner and a storage unit.

The storage unit carries 4500L of kethane.

The sattelite tracks kethane.

The miner is nothing special.

I still have to land 2 scouts. A rover and a Bigtrak.

And a 7 person kerbal house.

I try to scan for Kethane but I don´t know whats parts I need, I take all parts but it´s said that: "invalid part configuration", what happends?

In order to scan you need atleast 1 controller and only 1 sensor

Hey, I have a problem, for some reason, the solar panels don't work, I have installed the Powertech-mumech adapter plugin, but when I go to the launchpad, the stages doesn't appear, I can't launch my rocket nor deploy the panels, the only thing I can do is turn on the mechjeb and rotate the camera, nothing else.

Make sure you have the latest versions of all the plugins. This sounds like error in calling something that changed too much.

If this doesn't help post your log file.

Just a little update - debris appearing as pods might be a KSP issue, just had it happen to a ASAS, I'm also using mech-jeb. I'll give kethane another try now, without mech-jeb.

It's a fresh 0.16 with just mech jeb(1.9.1).

My guess is that it's MechJeb causing this. It happens to me if I leave MechJeb behind attached to debris.

On another note, I just noticed that the MMI satellite pod acts as a MechJeb unit. Intentional? I usually attach the AR202 case to my satellites because Smart ASS helps a lot in getting into polar orbit, plus it acts as an ASAS.

DevBlogish

Satellite Pack

Currently working hard on Satellite Pack. It has most of it's textures revamped atm and I've got about 6 objects left to do. Shouldn't take more then a hour or 3 and after that I have to partially rebuild the CFG files. All the engines (only 3/4) will have glowing elements when they heat up. Almost every object will have a normal channel for added detail.

I'm going to use Kreuzung's Energy Plugin in combo with powertech. This combination allows for more stability and a hell lot less chance of stuff breaking down. Also there won't be a need for a adapter. There will be also a slight gameplay balance, I'm making the Ion Engine weaker again because its almost as powerfull as the small liquid engine. But in return, command pods will have their own small battery source (very small) and you are getting in total 5 totally new solar panels.

Also I will add a new Rover to the pack which will set a new standard beside the 1m/2m cylinder hulls. But don't worry, you can still use it with cylinder hulls. But it is also a preparation for Kethane pack, where Rovers will get their own little miners and systems to enlarge your kethane experience.

New Satellite Pack will contain: Tosh's Cart, Electrical energy, Powertech & MuMech and all for their obvious reasons.

The upcomming release will be 1.9 because of the major changes. 2.0 will be pack marked "as good as done" but we will continue to support it and update it to the latest version. But our focus will switch towards Kethane.

---

Kethane Pack

Kulesz is still enjoying his holiday and will be very surprised when he comes back. Kethane has gain a big popularity compared to the lack of information that we gave (my fault on that part). But gamers learn fast and in no-time people have been setting up mining bases all over the place and even creating videos about it.

There are also no major bugs which is only beneficial because then we can start directly working on the next version which will contain a proper nice interface upgrade and some new features to use along with kethane. So no more pain in the arse map to look at and yes, we will flip it in the right orientation.

So in a couple of weeks you might see no more beta but a proper full release plugin with all the features that we wanted in.

--

Payload Pack

Payload Pack had a nice release too, JohnnyD made some great fairings for you to use and they will go nice with the other packs aswell as stock modules. I've seen great screenshots with it already. Also this pack we will consider done until we got all packs the way we want it.

JohnnyD will now continue his own little project but stay within MMI. He is crazy about spaceplanes and he will create a spaceplane themed pack all on its own.

And a picture of the rover WIP. Textures are totally going to be replaced, this was merely a test to check the UV maps.

KqIq2.png

Wow, the rover is advancing really fast! I just made a small <4ton Mun rover with the katepillar wheels. Took a couple of days balancing it's features. (It fits perfectly inside the MMI fairings, by the way. Thanks again to JohnnyD for that. :wink:)

In my opinion the ion engine is pretty well balanced. If you add more than one to your craft, it quickly gains weight because of the added batteries and solar panels. This in turn makes launching and maneuvering them more difficult. I wouldn't really change them. Plus, they overheat VERY quickly at full throttle. I noticed that the small liquid engine has the exact stats of the smaller LV-909 engine, while only being a bit more compact.

I've loved the glowing effect on the SatPack and will continue to love it. Would be nice to see it somehow added to the Kethane pack. I'm going to go through my mods again to make room for the Kethane stuff. It looks awesome and I can't wait to set up a mining base on Mun.

I agree that the rover should use energy. Also will the deeper kethane pockets contain more kethane? I'm not a geologist or anything but it seems to me that as you get deeper the rock could support larger pockets, large pockets on the surface would simply collapse and release the gas.

Very Exciting, guys! Keep up the great work.

What language is all this developed in btw?

C#

Wow, the rover is advancing really fast! I just made a small <4ton Mun rover with the katepillar wheels. Took a couple of days balancing it's features. (It fits perfectly inside the MMI fairings, by the way. Thanks again to JohnnyD for that. :wink:)

In my opinion the ion engine is pretty well balanced. If you add more than one to your craft, it quickly gains weight because of the added batteries and solar panels. This in turn makes launching and maneuvering them more difficult. I wouldn't really change them. Plus, they overheat VERY quickly at full throttle. I noticed that the small liquid engine has the exact stats of the smaller LV-909 engine, while only being a bit more compact.

I've loved the glowing effect on the SatPack and will continue to love it. Would be nice to see it somehow added to the Kethane pack. I'm going to go through my mods again to make room for the Kethane stuff. It looks awesome and I can't wait to set up a mining base on Mun.

I won't nerf it that much, just slightly.

Glowing effect will be changed a bit within the new satpack and I will defiantly look into it bringing into kethane pack aswel.

Whats the best munar orbit for a kethane detector. Im guessing 50 to 70 KM?

lowest orbit on 10x (what it is I forgot >.<)

Woah! Dani, what about making the rover energy dependent? It would have a internal energy source, because it's a pod, and you could could make that top flat surface a solar panel!

It would add r

I've got other plans for that flat service, also there is no plugin yet that makes other stuff make use energy depending on their usage level. EPS is such thing but I'm not going to use it because it won't be beneficial.

can you have a link to drop box? plz?

Srry no, I've got to much to keep track off, can't have another download website to add to the list. Srry.

Hey, guys, about "RCS & Liquid Fueltank CANNOT be refueled when they are drained empty. We cannot fix issue, this is part of the game."

The fuel tranfer mod allows to refuel empty tanks, maybe you ask the guy, that made that plugin "how" )

I'm having a blast so far, but I wanted to make sure of something; Does the pump only transfer kethane? Just wanting to know to see if I need to attach converters and tanks on regular craft that I want to be refuled with liquid or RCS fuel.

Uhhhhhhh.

I found a 85,911 Liter kethane vein... O_O

Whats your biggest ore vein ever?

No idea, some can be very big.

Hey, guys, about "RCS & Liquid Fueltank CANNOT be refueled when they are drained empty. We cannot fix issue, this is part of the game."

The fuel tranfer mod allows to refuel empty tanks, maybe you ask the guy, that made that plugin "how" )

They are 2 different codes and I heard that squaddevs might fix this issue. We not going to spend development time on something that the game will fix eventually. We prefere to build upon the gameplay & user interface for next version.

I'm having a blast so far, but I wanted to make sure of something; Does the pump only transfer kethane? Just wanting to know to see if I need to attach converters and tanks on regular craft that I want to be refuled with liquid or RCS fuel.

It is a popular request and I think it shouldn't be a problem. This is one of the first things I'm going to discuss with Kulesz when he comes back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.