Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

oke i go mun with satelite having kethane detector and i send rover to mun for get it... rover has its own sensor to be sure about sitting on kethane but my map from satelite get reset... thakfully i have backup to replace it again... but it will get reset every time? with new sensor start detecting same planet/moon?... or just a bug? also not getting sound from miners, detecting sound works...

Edited by ashrutoraman

oke i go mun with satelite having kethane detector and i send rover to mun for get it... rover has its own sensor to be sure about sitting on kethane but my map from satelite get reset... thakfully i have backup to replace it again... but it will get reset every time? with new sensor start detecting same planet/moon?... or just a bug? also not getting sound from miners, detecting sound works...

It is a bug we are trying to fix, like Kreuzung said, backup maps that are worthwhile.

Suggestion: Make the 0.17 gas giant (Jool) minable. It can be practically made of Kethane, and you could have like Kethane-filled balloons attached to a pipe and miniature refinery to harvest and refine the gas.

Issue with that is how do you transfer the Kethane from the refinery complex to the ship that needs it? Unless you're willing to somehow lift a truly massive complex complete with full up landing deck, nothing could land. Plus also, you can't leave a ship thats "In atmosphere"

I think we would need some balloons to keep us up high in the atmo, and it would stay completely still once it reaches a certain altitude (The altitude defined by the ship you have). Then it would mark the ship as "Landed" so that you can leave it there. Or am I overcomplicating this?

The world would be 3D. Every youtube account will be represented by a blue dot. The more likes, views, favourites,

and subscribers the account has, the bigger the dot. Also, the dots would be 2D sprites that get transparent at

the edges. To start, in the middle we will have the account with the most subscribers. We take the one of his

subscribers with the most subscribers himself, and put him a certain distance away, depending on how many

subs, views, likes, and favs he has. The more he has, the further away he will be. And then we do the same for

him. If we calculate all the accounts, we go back to the account with the most subs and do it with the second

next subscribed subscriber. And so on. If an account is subscribed to 2 other accounts, he will go inbetween them,

depending on which one he has viewed, faved, or favourited the most videos of. The more subscribers an account

has, the less influenced it's position is by it's likes, faves, and views. The more dislikes an account has, the

more it fades to a grey colour. And the more videos the account has disliked, the more oval it is. as it is less

active, it will get sharp edges. the less active, the sharper the edges.

There will also be a huge green dot far from any blue dots, and for every account that has either been unused for

year, or never liked/faved/viewed a video or subscribed/commented/done anything, the green dot is bigger. Also,

it won't be a still model. IT WILL BE ALIVE.

For those of you, who were trying to use Satellite pack from MMI with DynaSat solar panels as I was, you may notice, that batteries are not being recharged by these panels...

This can be easily fixed... But you have to be asured you have installed Powertech_mumech plugin as Satellite pack's installation notes tell you...

open part.cfg of the solar panel which does not work... then find line beginning with module and change it to module = SolarPanels_PowerTech_MuMech

I also agree with nova, an atmosphere scoop part is the best option for "mining" Jool, and I think it add something really interesting do do with the gas giant.

Moreover, I don't think it really difficult to implement, simplified ex : IF planet = JOOL and altitude < minimumaltitudeformining THEN startmining

It's also possible to made the mining speed related to the altitude (gas is more concentrated), so it will be more fast to go deep, but more dangerous. I like the challenge :)

I also agree with nova, an atmosphere scoop part is the best option for "mining" Jool, and I think it add something really interesting do do with the gas giant.

Moreover, I don't think it really difficult to implement, simplified ex : IF planet = JOOL and altitude < minimumaltitudeformining THEN startmining

It's also possible to made the mining speed related to the altitude (gas is more concentrated), so it will be more fast to go deep, but more dangerous. I like the challenge :)

I am not a mod maker so I don't know the modding code basis, but I guess it won't be THAT "Pascal" simple :D I mean you will have to figure out the way to be able to stabilize your mining ship in a specific altitude IN THE ATMOSPHERE which means that it will try to slow you down due to drag. Another problem to solve would be that you cannot switch vessel while in the atmosphere... this would have to be figured out as well... I'm just tryin' to tell that it probably won't be that simple :)

@Fyzzi

Sure, the tricky part is to fly throught Jool, but the mining part coding itself is for me relativly easy to implement.

About drag, maybe the kethane recovery and conversion must be enough to keep running the engine... So it's a combination between speed (high speed = more kethane), altitude (low altitude = more kethane), size/numbers of atmospheric scoop (more kethane input), numbers and power of fuel/kethane converter (more fuel) That will not be easy, but nothing impossible for Jeb :)

First post just to say thank you for this awesome mod :)

It's so "simple" yet opens so much new possibilities.

Thanks to your mod the first "Kerbal commercial touristic flight" was a huge success.

To succeed, the Kerbals had to set up a kethane detecting satellite, a Kethane digger, a Kethane supply rover (in case the tourists landed to far away, and to avoid crashing trying to relocate ), and a lander with some empty Kethane tanks.

But all went well ! A simple two stage rocket, carried 3 billionaires Kerbals to the mun and landed with an almost empty tank, filled it's 4 Kethane tanks, and converted it back to fuel for the trip back to Kerbin.

The billionaires enjoyed a couple of Mun walks while waiting for the (looooooong) fuel conversion. Many beautiful pictures were taken.

They had just enough fuel to set a trajectory to Kerbin and land ( thanks to the parachutes :) ) with an almost intact lander ( putting a parachute on top of a Kethane converter isn't such a good idea apparently, as it got snapped off )

http://imgur.com/a/TK47Y

So again thank you, and I really hope you will keep working on this mod during the course of the "kerbal space program" game development.

Edited by dendane

For all those who think about mining gas giants:

There already is an intake part module from .15, it was originally meant for the atmospheric engines but then it was used as a code example, means it's source code is available and can be changed to only work on that one planet.

Just for you to know - there's already an ability to "mine" kethane from gas giants in the upcoming version. You just enter the atmosphere, switch it on and voila :-)

It's also density based, so the deeper you go, the more kethane you'll get. It'll work on all atmosphere planets/moons.

Just for you to know - there's already an ability to "mine" kethane from gas giants in the upcoming version. You just enter the atmosphere, switch it on and voila :-)

It's also density based, so the deeper you go, the more kethane you'll get. It'll work on all atmosphere planets/moons.

It works on ALL atmospheric bodies? That's really overpowered.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.