Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

Question regarding the last bug in the list: "Kethane mod, mechjeb, and ISAMAPSAT may be interfering with each other and..." gamekilling: If I only use one mod per ship, will that solve the problem? If so, I think I actually like only allowing one per ship any way. Keeps me with stuff to do.

I hope you planned some VERY large ones, because in orbit around Jool, my solar panels efficiency was only around 3% :)

Better than my solar satellite, that one had back there just 0.1% xD

Though I think it had 1.0 at kerbin so it might mean 10%, dunno.

Question regarding the last bug in the list: "Kethane mod, mechjeb, and ISAMAPSAT may be interfering with each other and..." gamekilling: If I only use one mod per ship, will that solve the problem? If so, I think I actually like only allowing one per ship any way. Keeps me with stuff to do.

I've been slapping all three together since 0.16 and still haven't seen a problem.

>BloodyRain2k

It's not in % IIRC, so it whould be 10%

> WoodenBiplane

On some heavily-modded .16 games (including mine), strange issues started to appear sometimes, making pausing and leaving the game impossible. It happened with other WIP mods to me too, and only occured rarely.

The thread is huge so im not sure if this has been mentioned.

Could it be possible to increase the search area instead of getting a 1 dot search pattern.

Or if you've planned, or will be, adding a mouse over GPS sort of affair like ISAMAP.

This mod really makes me play KSP further than just getting to a Planet/Moon and 'maybe' landing on it with all kerbals/parts intact.

I'm working hard along with Kreuzung to make these enery part to work. We are even adding custom icons in it but It isn't easy as it is bugged here and there. Also we need to poke Alchemist of Powertech to update his plugin so it can accept the new method of adding custom icons.

Owxew.png

Just have a bit of patience people... we are getting closer. Also want to thank pheonix_ca to help me out with the .cfg files in the limited time that I have.

I have been trying to get your mod to work multiple times.. Not sure if your missing something on required items or possibly the upload you have currently is missing stuff... Each time I try to use the controller, by use I mean just dragging it over onto a craft, the instant it leave the part selection ui and touches the design panel ui (where you stack items onto the command module or other parts of your rocket) It crashes the game. It has done this every single time I have tried to drag it over. I have download ksp twice now fresh installs (I have launched before hand then closed so plugin folders were made) No matter what I do it crashes the same way each time. Im just wanting to know what Im doing wrong if I am downloading all the correct files or needed ones or if its even on my end.. I hope I can get this fixed cause this mod looks awesome and pretty much renewed my interest in ksp. I will try one more fresh install of game and mod hopefully I will just be lucky and get it to work >.>

Oh, Dani, I still can't believe you cancelled the SatPack. It was this project that paved your way as Modmaker. It would be like if Tosh abandoned the Cart Plugin...

Anyway, it seems the solar panels aren't available for this version of KSP, because of incompatibilities with either the latest release with POWERTECH or EnergyPlugin.

> WoodenBiplane

On some heavily-modded .16 games (including mine), strange issues started to appear sometimes, making pausing and leaving the game impossible. It happened with other WIP mods to me too, and only occured rarely.

Oh right, I remember one: take control (over the tracking station) of a debris, you can now Alt+F4 cause you can't end the flight nor go back to the space center : /

Dunno though if that one was a vanilla bug or cause by that triplet.

I actually like the auto debris removing of 0.17, spares me the mess up in the tracking station list.

but...i don't want to use kethane.....i wanna use satellite parts! lol

How about you get the pack and kick out all parts you don't want? That's only one nice thing about KSP mods :3 try doing that in Minecraft XD

I'm on 0.17 and I can't get a couple things to work...

For starters, the Kethane menu thing when controlling the ship just says "Invalid part configuration" and can't troubleshoot that.

Another issue is that the satellite solar panel part says it is unavailable, but I have the plugin installed.

*EDIT*

Nevermind, found new plugins on page 79 that fixed all these.

Edited by wheedy

ORDA docking mod: "The fuel transfer system will allow you to transfer fuel from one ship to another if you are within 50m. To use it you'll have to connect a fuel line with one of your Kerbals. Just float next the "FT"-Box, press g for grapple, float to your target fuel tank and press g again. It'll then show a transfer-GUI in the ship with the FT-Box. Use the same procedure to remove the fuel line. Unfortunately it's only a LineRenderer now... it would be great to render it as a real fuel line."

The reason I won't touch the kethane pack with a ten foot pole is that everything we're doing here is striving for realism, then there's friggen laserbeams shooting magical kethane from one ship to another. I can't rationalise it, my imagination only extends so far. But here lies a solution! The ORDA docking mod fixes your issue, and gives you a snazzy hose and a reason to clone kerbals and keep them in a Mun base for three years or until their teeth fall out.

ORDA docking mod: "The fuel transfer system will allow you to transfer fuel from one ship to another if you are within 50m. To use it you'll have to connect a fuel line with one of your Kerbals. Just float next the "FT"-Box, press g for grapple, float to your target fuel tank and press g again. It'll then show a transfer-GUI in the ship with the FT-Box. Use the same procedure to remove the fuel line. Unfortunately it's only a LineRenderer now... it would be great to render it as a real fuel line."

The reason I won't touch the kethane pack with a ten foot pole is that everything we're doing here is striving for realism, then there's friggen laserbeams shooting magical kethane from one ship to another. I can't rationalise it, my imagination only extends so far. But here lies a solution! The ORDA docking mod fixes your issue, and gives you a snazzy hose and a reason to clone kerbals and keep them in a Mun base for three years or until their teeth fall out.

Feel free to simply not use the mod then. Funny though where you draw the line of such a thing being "realistic" or not. I personally find the ORDA version a good idea in theory but it turns out to be rather tedious while playing. Furthermore, I feel sorry for your limited imagination (read mind), but if you had followed the thread, you would have noticed that there is a big update coming soon, which will probably also adress the current makeshift system (which I find perfectly fitting for the mod's current state).

Odd. My game crashed when I went to launch after installing miners on my ship.

Well, somethin similar actually just happen to me, I flew my ship, as I got to staging I realized I had forgot fuel lines, so I added those, and then when I hit launch, the game crashed

The solar panels don't work in .17. Am I doing something wrong or is that just not working yet?

If they can't be put on your ship all together, you are missing the pluggins. If they extend and follow the sun but don't collect energy, check out page 79 of this thread. There is a new pluggin for that too. Mine work just fine right now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.