Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

Kethane is officially not supported for .17 but it works sporadically here and there. Kulesz has a lot of the code in place but he is simply not ready with it yet and his real-life has currently priorities. All I can say is you have to wait, in the meanwhile, I'm close to finishing another pack but with that, I'm also waiting for an update from 2 plugins.

Realism? Kethane on the Mun? Little green men with hilariously over-sized helmets made of scrap metal found by the side of the road?

What? Your logic no make sense.

It occurred to me the DEMV Mk II would be a great companion to this mod. *ponders on that*

I already made that one into a miner, just having problems with getting that thing onto duna.

Cause it's landing phase is partially off balance and it can already hardly get off of that but on top of that does the rocket nearly rip itself apart all the time : /

Kethane is officially not supported for .17 but it works sporadically here and there. Kulesz has a lot of the code in place but he is simply not ready with it yet and his real-life has currently priorities. All I can say is you have to wait, in the meanwhile, I'm close to finishing another pack but with that, I'm also waiting for an update from 2 plugins.

In relation to above, I could need a 5m payload pack fairing and base plate XD so the DEMV will hopefully fit in.

Though I think for now I'll try and see if self made upscaled parts would do the trick too, but I think the base would get too high to get off, for vehicles driving off of it after landing they should really be more flat.

Like the ones in NovaPunch though these are mostly hollowed which is no good either. : (

Can you reveal us what exactly is going to be in this new SatPack? Me and my partner are planning to make a multiplayer (hot-seating via savegames) expedition which involves using satellites a lot, so we're eagerly waiting for this pack to come out before we can start ^_^

In relation to above, I could need a 5m payload pack fairing and base plate XD so the DEMV will hopefully fit in.

Though I think for now I'll try and see if self made upscaled parts would do the trick too, but I think the base would get too high to get off, for vehicles driving off of it after landing they should really be more flat.

Like the ones in NovaPunch though these are mostly hollowed which is no good either. : (

I have been trying to use a 7 meter plate from an old Prometheus rocket mod.

It works up to a point, but the exhaust keeps destroying the plate.

All the fuel tanks sit on small decouplers that I blow after landing, which can get tricky.

I think I can get it to work, but I need to work on it.

Landercc.png

I have been trying to use a 7 meter plate from an old Prometheus rocket mod.

It works up to a point, but the exhaust keeps destroying the plate.

All the fuel tanks sit on small decouplers that I blow after landing, which can get tricky.

I think I can get it to work, but I need to work on it.

Landercc.png

yeah, figured something like that too now, managed to get my DEMV on a 5m->5x3m NP plate into duna orbit, that thing had a heck load of NP Nervas xD though a part (including their fuel tank) were used up just to get to kerbin orbit, but still, it's there with excess fuel so whatever.

Atm I'm scanning out a place to land and then gotta hope everything works...

Can you reveal us what exactly is going to be in this new SatPack? Me and my partner are planning to make a multiplayer (hot-seating via savegames) expedition which involves using satellites a lot, so we're eagerly waiting for this pack to come out before we can start ^_^

If you just need ion engines you can use the DynaSat fix pack, that one has folding solars and ion engines with fitting 2m batteries.

Made a solar satellite that even managed to get to jool, though the first version had not enough solars to get enough fuel most of the time back there.

If you wanna go far you'll need atleast 3 folding panels and best one battery per engine.

If you just need ion engines you can use the DynaSat fix pack, that one has folding solars and ion engines with fitting 2m batteries.

Made a solar satellite that even managed to get to jool, though the first version had not enough solars to get enough fuel most of the time back there.

If you wanna go far you'll need atleast 3 folding panels and best one battery per engine.

Yeah, thanks for the tip. I'll reserve that for my plan B. MMI SP (as of outdated version 1.0) is way better tho, and we'll just wait for this new pack as long as it needed. :)

Yeah, thanks for the tip. I'll reserve that for my plan B. MMI SP (as of outdated version 1.0) is way better tho, and we'll just wait for this new pack as long as it needed. :)

No offence against MMI but I only liked two parts from the SatPack: the small satellite command module and the nice folding legs you can put below it. Against all other parts I prefered the DynaSat ones : /

Mainly cause the MMI batteries wouldn't allow placing things on them and the engines were even weaker though smaller. And uhm, I forgot the rest but I think I didn't need that, else I'd remember it XD

But yeah, I'm none the less looking forward to the new pack, if it's better I might kick DynaSat then : /

With the current parts window I like to have as few non needed parts as possible.

The ion engines are weak for a good size probe which is why i cgf edited them for myself. I kept it balanced and only use it for my Probes. I also made a 2m ion engines that can fit under the huge fuel tanks. That way i have a nice refueling probe as well in case i run out of fuel because i was stupid when it came to planning out my flight.

Ion small - 15 thrust boosted up to 60 and increased heat production a bit

Ion large - 15 to 190 and increased heat production to a bit smaller than the Nerva engines. It seemed fit and far for me at least.

I want fun yet still a challenge which is why i opted not to OP them.

I have to say the 2m Ion engine rescaled looks sick lol. Its awesome for a huge refueling probe. I will take a picture and show you later. I love the Ion engine model <3

Just wondering, what does invalid part configuration mean?

I don't know how it can be made any clearer. Let me break it down into simple English for you. "Ya **** is in the wrong place and will not work"

The Kethane parts cannot be put in the places you have placed them on your spacecraft. Try a different arrangement of the Kethane parts. I recommend using common sense in the placement. Thing like putting drills on the bottom of the landing craft and facing the ground would be a good use of common sense.

Perhaps you need to read media and content tab on the first page of this thread.

Do you have a Kethane Controller attached to your craft?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.