Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

Actually, the error also occurs if you've equipped multiple detectors or multiple controllers. Maybe you had symmetry on when you added controllers or detectors. I believe the transfer and extractor parts don't have the single item restriction.

I don't know how it can be made any clearer. Let me break it down into simple English for you. "Ya **** is in the wrong place and will not work"

The Kethane parts cannot be put in the places you have placed them on your spacecraft. Try a different arrangement of the Kethane parts. I recommend using common sense in the placement. Thing like putting drills on the bottom of the landing craft and facing the ground would be a good use of common sense.

Perhaps you need to read media and content tab on the first page of this thread.

Do you have a Kethane Controller attached to your craft?

WOW... No need to be a jerk about it. It's people like you that bring a community down. He did use common sense (i.e. I don't know what this means so I will ask the community) so you just need to cool your jets and be nice.

sincerely

-NathanJ

I don't know how it can be made any clearer. Let me break it down into simple English for you. "Ya **** is in the wrong place and will not work"

The Kethane parts cannot be put in the places you have placed them on your spacecraft. Try a different arrangement of the Kethane parts. I recommend using common sense in the placement. Thing like putting drills on the bottom of the landing craft and facing the ground would be a good use of common sense.

Perhaps you need to read media and content tab on the first page of this thread.

Do you have a Kethane Controller attached to your craft?

Sheesh that was a terrible reply. Invalid part configuration just means you have more than one Kethane controller.

You can only have one on a ship. simple as that. I have never seen the message for any other reason.

Speaking of kethane controllers, I would really like to have more than one on a ship for legitimate reasons. I want to be able to disconnect debris with mechjeb and fly it around, to create rover and satellite swarms for detecting kethane, all deployed in one mission... that kind of thing. At the moment, I'm doing it by retroactively editing the controller onto the debris vessels after decoupling them but thats so hacky.

What do you think? is that even a remote possibility?

any chance of link mirrors? the mediafire links aren't working for me. i click when i click download, mediafire times out.

It is interesting to me how many people have this issue... are you using a proxy? have you tried using a different browser?

(would it be ethical for me to give people a link to my Dropbox to download it? (not Posted but by request only)

Do not get rid of the satellite pack.

it's not being dropped just integrated into the other packs

Satellite Pack is not being build upon more and won't be updated for future versions. Most of it's models can be found back @ Kethane pack or external resources such as Kreuzung's energy plugin.

This pack will remain downloadable but take in count that it will drop off the face of the earth ones new patches come in and making this pack obsolete

It is interesting to me how many people have this issue... are you using a proxy? have you tried using a different browser?

(would it be ethical for me to give people a link to my Dropbox to download it? (not Posted but by request only)

Ethical, yes. Against the forum rules? Also probably yes. O.o

As for download issues, it may be possible that the ISP or country's government blocks MediaFire (because, you know, it's an evil file-sharing website, of evil). Perhaps trying to connect via a VPN would work.

Edited by phoenix_ca

There are plenty of ad-free no-limits way to host a file besides mediafire. which is blocked in most places. (In America, I've only ever had one ISP that didn't block it)

Google drive is alright, Dropbox is great, and Github if you're already familiar with it (but keep in mind it's not a file sharing service exactly, just capable of it.)

Of course the best options is to put it on your own webserver. You could put it on mine too if you just ask me.

For KSP mods, we have kerbal.net, which is great and I would expect this ends up there.

Ethical, yes. Against the forum rules? Also probably yes. O.o

As for download issues, it may be possible that the ISP or country's government blocks MediaFire (because, you know, it's an evil file-sharing website, of evil). Perhaps trying to connect via a VPN would work.

I live in america, so its not my ISP or government. im sure other people have problems with it. i think that its just that iIve been having really bad connection for a few weeks.

First this is a a great mod. Thanks to MMI and anyone else involved. Cant wait for the next update. One question I cant seem to find an answer for. Anybody happen to know if multiple kethane Pumps (not Controllers or Converters) on a craft will increase the rate of transfer to other vessels? I only ask because im designing a Mun base and Id hate to have to re-design/redeploy later :D

Also Mediafire has been acting up for me as well (on other mod downloads). Keep trying, It seems to work eventually.:)

Edited by Orphican

First this is a a great mod. Thanks to MMI and anyone else involved. Cant wait for the next update. One question I cant seem to find an answer for. Anybody happen to know if multiple kethane Pumps (not Controllers or Converters) on a craft will increase the rate of transfer to other vessels? I only ask because im designing a Mun base and Id hate to have to re-design/redeploy later :D

Also Mediafire has been acting up for me as well (on other mod downloads). Keep trying, It seems to work eventually.:)

Try it and report back... This interests me.

I have a suggestion.

Would it be possible to have a small kethane deposit at the KSP launch center so you can test out your designs before sending them to other worlds.

I think it would be very helpful for first time users and help when trying out a radically different design.

I have a suggestion.

Would it be possible to have a small kethane deposit at the KSP launch center so you can test out your designs before sending them to other worlds.

I think it would be very helpful for first time users and help when trying out a radically different design.

This!:D I just thinking that as im designing a Kethane Test Mun Lander.

Okay, I just grabbed the Kethane mod tonight, and I landed 2 drilling rigs onto a deposit, which when I was done drilling, the scouter said it had about 20,000 units of kethane left. I go back to KSC, send a bigger drilling rig, and suddenly there is nothing there. I know I didn't mine it dry, it just disappeared, and the drills no longer collect any kethane. Any ideas why?

E: my orbital scanner's orbit just passed through another previously detected zone, with no hits as well. It seems like my kethane has dissapeared from my kethane mod.

Edited by MazeOfTzeentch

the kethene is there it just moved and u have to refind it.. it happens once in awhile think it has something to do with the persistance file getting reset or something but your mod is working fine just do a new scan and see where the new location is.

It tends to regenerate the damn maps at the slightest opportunity. you can back them up, and restore them, but it wont read them in anyways. Luckily it does read in the Deposits.dat file which everything is based on. If you see that it started making new maps, go to the space center, alt-tab out of KSP without closing it, restore your Deposits.dat file, and then go back to the flight. It will not show your old maps but it will at least generate Kethane in the same places. At least I think that's how it works.

Since MF became a downloadable-only-if-you're-logged-in host I started to like it a lot less. I have a different problem with them: no idea why but I HAVE to start all downloads twice cause the first time it NEVER starts, the 2nd time starts almost always then.

Dunno what's wrong with them but they're becoming a pain in the ass <.<

I'd suggest people to rather use DropBox, it works and you can update things without having to change the links, way better imo.

Ok, thanks all, I realize now my problem was that I had 2 kethane scanners.

Now I have a new problem =P. I can't seem to find any kethane. I put a sattelite into a 10Km 90 degree orbit around minmus, and it's drawn lines across the entire planet and not detected a single pocket. I mean, I've been running it for an hour at 10* warp and haven't found anything.

Yes. detection was on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.