Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

Notification:

Kethane Plugin has been donated to "Majiir" who has the development skills to develop Kethane. I'm not able for the task anymore and I prefere it to give it to somebody else then let it die and neglect it. He will make a new thread about it in the near future. He will be the new owner of Kethane (he will still get to me for advice time to time).

I want to thank all the "fans" for supporting us and downloading all our pack. We recently reached the 26.000 downloads!

Payload pack & Satellite pack will stay in this thread and I - might - continue on those instead of Kethane.

Well thank you so much for taking the time to start such a great mod! I'm having so much fun with it, and hopefully even more in the future thanks to your decision :)

I'll be on the edge of my seat if I ever see a new 'update' sign written next to the satellite pack! ;)

(lordpie: He said he "might".)

Here is a suggestion for the satellite pack, you should make a bigger ion engine. The current small ion engine has very low thrust, and I use them a lot. I use them to go to the Mun and Minmus.

Thanks!

(Note: My 100th post!) :)

The Deep Space Mission pack contain a bigger (but heavier) Ion engine.

The satellite pack is very usefull.

Payload pack doesn't get a lot of love. But it is great. http://imgur.com/a/O7XJT also A example of a standard design I use. 2 meter carrying a 1 meter in a fairing. Also, http://imgur.com/a/JaXBf a orbital refueled mun lander. Your fairings are so much more slick looking in action than any of the other options. Any possibility of wider versions of your satellite pack solar panels? Half length 2m fairing bulkheads would be awesome too.

Edited by Apatheticjester

I just wanted to say thanks for all the support, guys. Making Kethane and watching it being used was a great experience. Too bad I couldn't finish it, but I just didn't have enough time (work, work, work).

Fortunately addon is still in development - I wish Majiir and the rest of the team all the best :-)

Dani-Sang, i got a question and also hope, that you will grant me permission to release Ion-Engines, of yours, but rescaled, so i would release my work under Mythology Industries & Manufacturing mark on exchange forum. You got all credits, and support for your mods at my thread, but i wont release them without your permission. Check my works if they deserve to have your rescaled engines:

screenshot32ru.png

screenshot24k.png

screenshot20c.png

• 5 months later...

I'll be honest, seeing the satellite pack for download does bring back memories, I hope this time around he keeps it up so that we can use the more futuristic looking parts, but I imagine that in the end it is his decision on what stays and what goes.

Dani-Sang, i got a question and also hope, that you will grant me permission to release Ion-Engines, of yours, but rescaled, so i would release my work under Mythology Industries & Manufacturing mark on exchange forum. You got all credits, and support for your mods at my thread, but i wont release them without your permission. Check my works if they deserve to have your rescaled engines:

screenshot32ru.png

screenshot24k.png

screenshot20c.png

:(SIG link no work I think your thread be dead:(

Remember fellas, the entire site got set back to Oct. last year. Dani handed this over to someone else (link on the first page.)

That link unfortunately does not work. Anyone whom can point me to the Kethane pack?

W

After some Google searches I found .4.3 (newest version) here:

nabaal .net/files/kethane/Kethane-0.4.3.zip

Remove the space to make it a valid link. I can verify it is indeed the Kethane pack in that ZIP as I'm using it now. Hopefully soon we can get a solid link from Majiir or someone, but till then this'll do.

Since this isn't an official link from the author I'm not actually sure if it's allowed to be posted. I'll delete it if it's out of the rules.

That is, in fact, the official URL I distribute Kethane from. No need to obfuscate the link: http://nabaal.net/files/kethane/Kethane-0.4.3.zip Feel free to distribute that link far and wide.

Cheers,

Majiir

That is, in fact, the official URL I distribute Kethane from. No need to obfuscate the link: http://nabaal.net/files/kethane/Kethane-0.4.3.zip Feel free to distribute that link far and wide.

Cheers,

Majiir

:D No problems then! Thanks for the clarify. I assumed that since it was just a host that it was a random upload Google just happened to come across when I looked. Good to know.

• 3 weeks later...

Where can one find the parts for that Kethane scanning Probe? I saw the video and wanted to make something similar, but can't find most of the parts. I found the mod with the batteries.

But the control module, ion drive etc. aren't in any of these or the other one I found.

Where can one find the parts for that Kethane scanning Probe? I saw the video and wanted to make something similar, but can't find most of the parts. I found the mod with the batteries.

But the control module, ion drive etc. aren't in any of these or the other one I found.

As others have said, the forum recently suffered a loss of data, so this thread is a bit out of date due to how old the 'latest' intact backup was.

While Kethane itself was picked up by Majiir, many MMI parts are no longer updated/maintained, although other mods do fill similar roles.

Two other mods to check out.

Ion+Hybrid Engine Pack

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-18-ion-engine-pack/

It not only includes the MMI external batteries, and larger versions of them, it also includes larger versions of the stock ion engines and the xenon tanks, a boosted version of the stock ion engine, in addition to larger versions of the stock battery banks and solar panels.

Bolt-On Probes (BOMP) Pack

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/bolt-on-probes-bomp-pack/

This has 4 probe command parts, which are the same basic shape and function as the MMI control module, with 0.625m, 1.25m, 2.5m and 3.75m versions.

Overall, you will need to adapt and improvise things where possible, but with the above parts a comparable kethane probe design should be possible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.