Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

Dani-Sang, I've got an issue...

I am not getting ANY sound but the Ion Engine when i use the modpack, and I don't seem to find any pocket, even tho i mapped entirely Minmus, Mün AND Kerbin.

Only thing I can think off is a re-install atm.. srry.

Found a weird bug. When i put your solar panels on the ship, and try to launch, physics never starts, and nothing can be controlled. Other power-tech panels work fine, however.

If you try to launch again, the capsule used is shown on its side, clipped into the ground, even if you remove all sections off the ship, and launch it as the capsule only.

I have got a fairly large amount of mods installed however, so i am going to see how it runs with a clean install.

Found a weird bug. When i put your solar panels on the ship, and try to launch, physics never starts, and nothing can be controlled. Other power-tech panels work fine, however.

If you try to launch again, the capsule used is shown on its side, clipped into the ground, even if you remove all sections off the ship, and launch it as the capsule only.

I have got a fairly large amount of mods installed however, so i am going to see how it runs with a clean install.

check the version numbers of the plugins:

PowerTech_MuMech.dll v1.0.4.2

PowerTech.dll v0.2.6

MuMechLib.dll v1.9.1

So, I want to make a orbiter/lander of sorts, with the orbiter keeping a kethane scanner on it and the lander only having drills/tanks. While orbiting, if it detects kethane, I'd mark the spot, the lander would detach and land, leaving the orbiter orbiting and scanning the planet.

The way controllers work right now, I'd need to have one controller on the orbiter and one on the lander, but that breaks kethane (understandably). However, when they decouple and have one controller a piece, they also understandably don't work, and seem to remain linked. A hack is putting a single controller on the lander and abandoning the orbiter after use. With 0.17 coming, landing heavy probes on other planets could potentially be troublesome, so using an orbiter/lander pair could save weight and make it a bit easier.

Are there any better ways of making it work now/improvements planned to support similar spacecraft?

So, I want to make a orbiter/lander of sorts, with the orbiter keeping a kethane scanner on it and the lander only having drills/tanks. While orbiting, if it detects kethane, I'd mark the spot, the lander would detach and land, leaving the orbiter orbiting and scanning the planet.

The way controllers work right now, I'd need to have one controller on the orbiter and one on the lander, but that breaks kethane (understandably). However, when they decouple and have one controller a piece, they also understandably don't work, and seem to remain linked. A hack is putting a single controller on the lander and abandoning the orbiter after use. With 0.17 coming, landing heavy probes on other planets could potentially be troublesome, so using an orbiter/lander pair could save weight and make it a bit easier.

Are there any better ways of making it work now/improvements planned to support similar spacecraft?

I just write down the Lat and Long of the kethane pocket and then land on it, using Mechjeb to help me with my lat and long.

I just write down the Lat and Long of the kethane pocket and then land on it, using Mechjeb to help me with my lat and long.

What I mean is that I want to launch a ship (with *one* launch) that can split into two parts, both with operational kethane modules.

Thanks for Kethane mod!!!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=32822&d=1347444610

This is my self-sufficient and continuing support base on the surface of the Minmus moon, named "MMI GenX MinmusBase I"

This photo was taken by a probe Kethane technology also helps in detecting Kethane sources.

Here more photos: http://imgur.com/a/XrwS2#0

attachment.php?attachmentid=32823&d=1347447531

My first "totipotencial" probe to detection in low orbits.

attachment.php?attachmentid=32824&d=1347447542

The itinerant stock. This ship can make various journeys, landing, loading, converting and launching to approach and pump Kethane the ship in need.

Hi.

I'm using kethane's detector & controller right now but i really have no idea what i'm doing xD

I left my sattelite orbiting around mün and he left a vertical line in the black screen of the detector.

Any tutorials or tips for this?

PD: Sorry for my awful english.

MOhon, where did the fuel tanks and engines on your probe come from?
Hi, Willow.

The small fuel tanks are "SFT-100 Fuel Tank" included in the Prometheus Solar Rover, and belong to Skycrane. You can find in:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/12106-0-16-Lionhead-Aerospace-Inc-Rover-v4-0-New-update-08-09

The small engines are "Mini Micro Kerlin Liquid Engine" included in the cBBp_Sky_Penetration_Co._Produces_Pack._V0.4, and belong to Durgun Capsule. You can find in:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/4275-cBBp-SPC-Pack-v0-4-Fixed-Failcan-RCS-and-added-some-adapter-pieces-Enjoy

Ciao!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.