Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

Am i correct in thinking that the PartResource system is partially in place, but does not yet allow refueling/recharging and/or does not allow use of multiple fuel types by one engine?

Any indication as to when that might be implemented? If not then it might yet be worthwhile to put something like it in mumechlib. An official implementation might be months away. Alternative would be to beg Kreuzung to make his ion engine dual fuel.

This one goes to map Minmus:

love the glow of the ion engine

Am i correct in thinking that the PartResource system is partially in place, but does not yet allow refueling/recharging and/or does not allow use of multiple fuel types by one engine?

Any indication as to when that might be implemented? If not then it might yet be worthwhile to put something like it in mumechlib. An official implementation might be months away. Alternative would be to beg Kreuzung to make his ion engine dual fuel.

ummmm...what goes to map Minimus?

The part module system works fully, and my engine allows a second fuel type (only a mumech one, but however, I can change that). There\'s also an engine part module plugin which takes 2 resources in the plugins for addon devs forum, it\'s called 'KA Aerospace'. It could take energy, but it whould drain it like normal fuel, not from everywhere.

Dang the ion engine is weak, any chance of us getting a more powerfull version?

Also, power feels way to abdurant, could you make some other parts that also drains electrical power, like a canadarm (the damned robotics ones feels so unstable and just wrong) , ion RCS blocks, lights, and perhaps even communications?

The part module system works fully, and my engine allows a second fuel type (only a mumech one, but however, I can change that). There\'s also an engine part module plugin which takes 2 resources in the plugins for addon devs forum, it\'s called 'KA Aerospace'. It could take energy, but it whould drain it like normal fuel, not from everywhere.

* runs off to experiment and probably mess up my KSP installation

Woah, that ion engine is really weak. I can\'t do orbital operations with it even in Minmus.

Yes you can, it just needs patience.

I can even with maxthrust down from 10 to 3. It helps if the craft has low mass.

Also, power feels way to abdurant, could you make some other parts that also drains electrical power, like a canadarm (the damned robotics ones feels so unstable and just wrong) , ion RCS blocks, lights, and perhaps even communications?

Afaik all that is planned, question is if the modders or Squad will be first.

Hey guys,

Everything regarding plugins and coding is something I can\'t handle. Poke the plugin guys if you want a better Energy plugin.

Regarding the Ion Engine, I\'ve heard not many complains about it. Giving you a 'unlimited' fuel + a powerfull engine is gamebreaking. Ion Engines IRL are also relative weak and requires planning. Also it is meaned more for deepspace travels. I will consider making it slightly stronger, but not for now.

First of all, let me thank you for this great mod. The parts are really lovely and make it possible to build some neat space probes and satellites.

Also, I can\'t agree with those complaining about the engine being too weak. I even used it for a trans-munar injection and orbital corrections around the Mun.

Of course you can\'t do that with a huge, manned ship, but that\'s not what ion engines are intended for anyway.

Hurhurhur, two questions to you all.

1) Does MechJeb autopilot works with 0.16?

2) Why ion engine is so awesome on transmunar operations? Srsly, it saved my ass from endless crashing into the Mun because of fuel lacking.

1) Does MechJeb autopilot works with 0.16?

Of course there\'s a .16 version of it. It\'s even icluded in here.

2) Why ion engine is so awesome on transmunar operations? Srsly, it saved my ass from endless crashing into the Mun because of fuel lacking.

Well, it\'s overpowered compared to other ion engines we have...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.