(1.1 Friendly) HMS Allegemeine - Superbattleship!

zekes

This battleship is an upgrade to the Spielhur-Class battleship, featuring improved armor and the latest TOW missiles and mobile SAM launchers.

This ship required BD armory to open and Hyperedit to land in the water.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hg1cj58o7h1i69/HMS%20AllegemeineMk%20II.craft?dl=0

mogBy5K.jpg

Built to out-fight any other ship on the sea, the Allegemeine (or "General" in German) lives up to its name as the commander of the seas.

The Allegemeine features 12 120mm Turrets in its main battery, capable of striking targets as far as 5 kilometers from the ship. Combined in a powerful broadside, all 12 of these guns can fire, or 6 at a time from fore or aft. The Allegemeine features additional offensive capability in the form of four RB-15 Cruise missiles and two ATG-88 Anti-radar missiles for hitting surface vessels or land targets. The final compliment to the primary armament is the 56 TOW-missiles carried on the flanks of the ship, to take out smaller targets the main guns cannot hit, targets beyond the range of the main guns' accuracy, and for increase in firepower in the broadside. Secondary armament is designed for the express purpose of protecting the Allegemeine from air or missile threat, and includes no less than 68 dual .50 cal turrets, 18 AIM-120 AMRAAM surface-to-air missiles, a CIWS turret in the aft section, and dual locking radar systems, one on the mobile SAM turret amidships and one in the Allegemeine's bridge section. Included are several .50 cal turrets located below the waterline to protect against mines, submarines, and torpedoes.

The Allegemeine has room for a crew of two in the bridge, though she is equipped to operate without kerbal crew. The ship's powerplants are ten J-90 "Goliath" Engines which propel Allegemeine to a top speed of 36 knots (or around 19 m/s). Range is limited, but is up to 400 km on a standard fuel tank, and can be extended with refueling virtually infinitely.

In terms of armor, the Allegemeine is unmatched in Zokesian vessels. The inner spine is built out of truss beams with high damage resistance, and the dual sets of armor plating on the sides are spaced as well as reinforced with struts. There is a layer of empty Mk2 fuel tanks between armor plates which double as stabilizers and as extra armor, as Mk2 fuel tanks have one of the highest damage resistances of any tanks in the game. In addition, the main fuel reserves are stored in Mk3 tanks that run down the spine of the ship, and the ammunition is stored safely under that, at the lowest point in the ship, preventing explosions from side or aerial attacks.

PHOTOS: 

w0l6egZ.png

jmXjhj0.png

QKnKLde.jpg

Edited by zekes
More pictures and description

Woah, how many parts? Also, it's a shame those big engines have such a long pylon on them. It would be nice if the stock models allowed them to be removed. Great job though. That thing looks like it could take out half a Navy on its own.

Also, I'm not sure if you are aware but those engines don't create any engine wash, (due to the thrust reversal physics), so you can hide them inside the ship if you wanted.

Edited by Redshift OTF

8 hours ago, Redshift OTF said:

Also, I'm not sure if you are aware but those engines don't create any engine wash, (due to the thrust reversal physics), so you can hide them inside the ship if you wanted.

Really? I'll have to test this out, if that's true it would make ships so much better. 

EDIT: Took a look at it, apparently I can. 10 jet engines later and we get a new top speed of 36 Knots (18.6 m/s)

9QKJaPU.jpg

Workong on the rear now so I can re-upload the file. 

Edited by zekes

Sweet! Glad I could help. We queried it when 1.05 came out as some of us like to use engine wash to spin rotor blades. One of the devs, (or someone who knows the devs), said the engine thrust splits in two and both thrusts sweep back in an arc when engine reversal is enabled and that meant they had to disable the engine wash or it would destroy whatever plane it was mounted to. Something like that.

ah, that makes sense. Anyway, the download is updated and new pictures are up. Thanks for the advice!
I'm also going to make a fully stock version because it's too good a ship to just leave to mods.

On 4/11/2016 at 0:19 AM, Azimech said:

I do believe "Admiral" would've been a better name. Allegemeine is used in a sentence like "general elections", it's not a military rank.

I also realized I spelled it wrong :P

• 2 years later...

Wow! This ship is great! Very detailed. The only thing I have against it is that the photo says it is a super-battleship, although it is armed with 120mm guns, which would be more of a light cruiser. Apart from that, it seems great! Only other problem is my Mac can only run around 300 parts, and PRE for BD Armory makes it even slower. I cant even begin to imagine what beast computer you have. It looks very good. This is undoubtedly the best warship on the KSP forums.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.