Add a Scenario Editor for the Community to Use

Squad should release a Scenario editor to the community. It would: 
1) provide a wealth of fresh things to do. 
2) stop us from relying on challenges (which are almost depleted).
3) let us start later in the career game. (tech tree and science discovered)
4) allow us to start with off-world facilities.
5) create scenes from our favorite movies/books.

and much much more.

It should have a slick UI to make scenario generation easy.

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/8804

I almost posted this under feature requests, but I thought it would be more appropriate here as it might change the name of the topic.

A scenario editor to build a savegame to the specs you are looking for, or something to edit the universe like move planets etc?   Because with Hyperedit and a little patience you can create a savegame however you like, then just share the .sfs file (and a mod list if that's your thing).  See the challenge I'm running over in Serial Space Station.  Kind of sharing a scenario between players.  I agree a nice UI and something to make the sharing easier would be cool.  It would be nice to make some tutorials, things like that.  Even missions like K-files contract pack allows.  Get programming!

YES! I've been wanting a scenario creator for a long, long time. Ever since the in-game scenarios and tutorials were announced I hoped we would get someday something like this.

I think it could work like this:

1. You start with a map view and select the body you want to work around with (just like in the tracking station)

2. Build the ship/station/select a kerbonaut and set the orbit for it/her/him (drag them just like you drag the manouver nodes around).

3. Go to the vessel creator (VAB+SPH but with the skybox around instead of VAB/SPH scenery) and decide where on the orbit it should be.

4. Set a bunch of pop-up windows connected with the events. For example: if the player goes below a certain altitude/enters or leaves SOI/gets close to another vessel the time warp stops and the window shows up with whatever you've scribbled in it.

Imagine the potential such scenario creator would hold! The community could create tutorials of their own and newbies could faff around while learning the game at the same time without the need of Hyper Edit.

That is à very interesting Idea. 

Fickling with the persistant file can allow for a tiny bit of scenario generation, but having a tool to do it more "completly" would be awesome!

It would be great if it also allowed to generate "scenario specific" contract. Would allow for "clear those contract with the given ressources" kinda challenge. 

The offered opportunities would be quite extensive.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.