What caused this crash?

I left my modded 1.1 install (yes I know, but it seemed inappropriate to post this in 1.1 Pre discussion) with an aircraft cruising at 3km altitude when I went for dinner tonight, leaving the game for half an hour or so. I left it alt-tabbed to save on GPU load. When I came back, the game would not maximise and after a few clicks the 'oops! the game has crashed. Please report this to the developers' dialog box came up. I'd like to try and work out what happened and whether this is a new issue in 1.1 or one of a few persistent problems I'm having with my PC's reliability, so I'm uploading some of my error output files and a screenshot of my mod folder to perhaps help someone interpret my error. I'd really appreciate some help on this one.

First question, of course, is whether simply alt-tabbing and leaving the game simulating in background may not be playing well with KSP.

Unfortunately my attachment priveleges for the forum appear to be missing, so I'll have to use tinyupload for the logs.

error.txt:   http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=06507830680230372756

crash.dmp:  http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=06189698291564864762

output_log.txt:  http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=08559216707286275166

Screenshot of mod folder:

http://imgur.com/PDYRVj2

Thanks in advance for the assist. 

Something certainly isn't playing nice.  The last third or so of the log is spamming that the video device can't be accessed.  There are also quite a lot of other exceptions in your log that appear to indicate that several of your mods are almost certainly not (fully) compatible with KSP 1.1 yet:

Spoiler

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
ModuleManager.2.6.21 v2.6.21.0
AtmosphereAutopilot v1.5.1.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0
BahaTurret v1.0.0.0
ContractConfigurator v1.0.0.0 / v1.10.1
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0
UnmannedContracts v1.0.5848.38777
KerbalEngineer v1.1.0.1
KerbalEngineer.Unity v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0
KerbalKonstructs v1.0.0.0
InfernalRobotics v2.0.0.0
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0
MissionControllerEC v1.3.0.0
ProbeLowPower v1.0.0.0
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.33
Stock assembly: SaveUpgradePipeline.Scripts v1.0.0.2 / v1.0.0.21
Stock assembly: Steamworks.NET v8.0.0.0 / v8.0.0
StripSymmetry v1.6.0.0
WaypointManager v1.0.0.0 / v2.5.0

Folders and files in GameData:
AtmosphereAutopilot
BDArmory
BoulderCo
ContractConfigurator
ContractPacks
KerbalEngineer
KerbalKonstructs
KerbinSide
MagicSmokeIndustries
MissionControllerEC
ProbeLowPower
Stock folder: Squad

StripSymmetry
WaypointManager
MM_LICENSE.txt
ModuleManager.2.6.18.dll
ModuleManager.2.6.2.dll
ModuleManager.2.6.21.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
README.md

For a start, you have 3 different versions of ModuleManager and I very much doubt that all of those other mods have been (fully) updated yet.

The cause of the crash is that the program tried to use a null pointer.  It appears to be something to do with the steam integration and/or your video driver so I suspect that, for some reason, the video driver refused to give KSP back exclusive access to the video card and then the steam integration code ignored this and crashed.  If you have copied the install out of the steam location then you could try removing the various steam related bits but I suspect you will still see problems of some kind if the video card fails to give back exclusive access so you should probably avoid leaving the game running in the background when alt-tabbed out of full screen mode (wasn't this deliberately disabled at some point to avoid such issues?).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.