KerbalStuff V.2

KryoWorks

KerbalStuff V.2  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support the return of Kerbal Stuff, and if so how:

• I would support the new KerbalStuff with Artwork, Content and Community Moderation help!
    • I would support the New KerbalStuff, if you paid me.
    • I would use it and support its creation, but could not contribute.
    • I could care less either way.
    • Let it DIE already!

10 hours ago, InsaneDruid said:

You can't really answer a question with itself. Question was: "WHY is a multi-game site bad?" Your answer "because it is a multi-game site".

Since the discussion got the Godwin equivalent of KSP (being the 1.1 pre-release on Steam only) and we didn't get a good follow-up on that I'll play for devil's advocate. Don't expect any responses on your resposnes though.

• Fragmentation can lead to lack of attention. In order to serve the Minecraft, Space Engineers, Doom, Prepar3d, Super Mario and Factorio community, less time is spent on interacting with the KSP community and following up on their wishes and desires
  • Requested features would not be implemented because it's a KSP specific request; it does not serve a purpose for any of the other games
  • Similarly, the KSP mod interface would be polluted with features that are pointless for KSP, but they are in high demand for the other games
  • The list gets polluted with mods that are uploaded under the wrong category (ie Space Engineer mods under KSP)

Personally I don't think any of these issues are showstoppers. Curse seems to be dealing just fine with them. Then again, everyone seems to hate Curse, so yeah, there's that.

1 hour ago, nosirrbro said:

They said themselves that without a working patcher people downloading a new entire copy of KSP daily would make their servers slow to a hault, and they can't afford outsourcing the load for that long.

Indeed, without a patcher, people downloading a new entire copy of KSP daily would make their servers slow to a halt.

Steam has a patcher, so beta players only need to download relevant updated files. Spacedock doesn't need one because people aren't downloading a whole game, daily.

31 minutes ago, VITAS said:

Regarding data and templates:

I simply cant support and maintain more than one design but im thinking about adding color schemes to the site you can pick.

IF you hate it compleatly: there is an api and you can write a desktop app...like CKAN?

No offence meant, I wish I could do half of what the MOD'rs can do on here.  I wouldn't even know where to start.

Thread moved to add-on discussions.

ALSO this thread has been meandering around quite a bit. Please keep in mind the topic is a potential new mod hosting site going up. If you want to discuss Spacedock or the pre-release, they have their own threads. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.