Post your most stubborn designs here!

We all have them: those disgustingly stubborn ships in development that just will not do what you want them to do no matter how hard you tweak them.

Here is a thread where we can post them, share sympathy and design tips, and maybe even shame our ships into submission.

Here's mine: The RLS mk3. A simple reusable ssto for my career game, which is supposed to get an orange tank to orbit and glide down intact. But alas, it just keeps flipping over or disassembling itself upon return to kerbin.

GXwtRXS.png

So there you have it. Post your stubborn designs here!

It appears your ailerons are trying to generate extra lift on your wings. If the COP of the wings is ahead of the aircraft's COM then the control surfaces will try and boost lift on the wings to pitch up. It would be better if I could see a side profile with COL and COM.

Edited by Alias72

3 hours ago, Triop said:

Plane design in 1.1 . . . pulling up but my wings go down ? :huh:

js1fhvy.png

As Alias72 said, your main wings are trying to generate more lift (thus lifting the nose up) and the rear elevators/stabilizers are trying to generate less lift (therefore pushing the tail down). It's logical in the real world, but in KSP, I suggest making the ailerons not respond to pitch controls. It should also improve pitch control too.

Happy Flying

YargJay9991

So, you want a stubborn design. Oh ill give you one. It's the FireFlash MK-6 atomic airliner from Thunderbirds.

The problem is, that the aircraft is simply too big, heavy and not really airworthy in KSP or the real world, since it's nothing more than just a model for a 60's puppet show.

Still, it was a fun "little" project even if it was a flop. Plus, it did produse the Lite version witch is quite a fun thing to fly and it looks pretty good too.

Edited by kapteenipirk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.