Devnote Tuesday: Moving Forward, Moving On

KasperVld

Another producer, eh?  Is the schedule at Squad long and arduous or something?

Farewell, good Dr., I enjoyed your presence on Squadcast, one of the two reasons I've watched recently.

4 hours ago, KasperVld said:

More bugs were encountered deleting a large set of parts in the editor would lead to a lot of lag. Jim (Romfarer) optimized the code that deletes parts in the editor. This bug actually came to light when someone tried to delete 4,000 parts from a vessel and managed to crash their game. This should no longer be an issue, and deleting parts is now nearly instant – even if you push it to the extremes.

/me is that someone :D

Also, for the record, the game didn't crash, it just went into *windows hourglass proccessing* mode and was still churning, just took a long time. WIndows only thought it wasn't responding.

3 hours ago, Dr_Turkey said:

This farm is looking really good, honestly, you should see the panphlets they gave me.

Thank you for your efforts toward making v1.1 the best it can be, and good luck in your future endeavors :) 

Going to the farm is supposed to be a good thing for a turkey, its when they ask you over for dinner, that you should be the most worried :)

1 hour ago, regex said:

Another producer, eh?  Is the schedule at Squad long and arduous or something?

Farewell, good Dr., I enjoyed your presence on Squadcast, one of the two reasons I've watched recently.

Sounded a bit like he had family issues interfering.

15 minutes ago, smjjames said:

Sounded a bit like he had family issues interfering.

The reasons really only matter to pot-stirrers and conspiracy theorists.  All we know is, he's called Dr. Turkey.

6 hours ago, KasperVld said:

Felipe (HarvesteR) and Brian (Arsonide) have, few hours before the writing of these devnotes, made a few big breakthroughs regarding wheels and their suspension: until now we’ve been working with a mass-compensating, non-linear spring system, which worked well for about 90% of cases, but it left a few ugly ones unhandled resulting in jittery suspension. Felipe designed a new approach, where we leave the springs responding linearly as much as possible, and have the suspensions gradually adjust their own non-linearity if they find the wheels to be under/overloaded. It may not be in the next pre-release build just yet, but it’s looking promising.

is that for fixing this? https://i.imgur.com/HIL4jpS.jpg

It's not really a bug... since I think it's actually working as designed. if not exactly intentional.

Edited by nli2work

11 minutes ago, Robotengineer said:

Why did one of the worst game companies' name have to be the acronym for Early Access? I guess it's just another bad thing to do with EA.

I blame whoever came up with "Early Access" in the first place, when we had a perfectly good term already: Beta.

Reminds me of the George Carlin routine about Shell Shock.

19 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I blame whoever came up with "Early Access" in the first place, when we had a perfectly good term already: Beta.

Reminds me of the George Carlin routine about Shell Shock.

To be fair "Early Access" means "Pre-Paid Public Beta" which may not sell as well.

KSP is like Mythbusters.... we likes us our 'splosions, but only when they're appropriate.

Good to hear they're taking the time to rethink things. As a non-steam guy, I'm willing to wait.

FYI, this didn't get posted in the RSS feed.

8 hours ago, Hobbes Novakoff said:

Dr. Turkey is leaving? Wow. That was quick. Well, goodbye, and thank you.

I have obtained this intelligence photo of his successor.

Nestor.png

Please tell me that's going to be his avatar.

This absolutely, positively, MUST be his avatar. The natural order of the universe demands it! :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.