Super-heavy SLS-like SpaceY lifter for 1.0.5

Hello!

I have shared this craft on the Heavy Lifters thread, but without the download. Now I want to share it with you! I present: the SpaceY Super Lifter!

https://kerbalx.com/RA3236/SLS-SpaceY-Heavy-Lifter

A slightly modded craft that can easily do 200t to orbit with the Emu engines on the last stage. Surprisingly, even in large payload changes of 100+t the bottoms stage TWR does not change that much.

Most of these tests were using an excellent mod called GravityTurn, which I suggest you get to lift larger payloads over 250t. It is an efficient autopilot that can use less then 3000 m/s dv to orbit.

To change payloads, first find the Emu engines. Easily done, they are the bottommost engines. Find the separator for that page and save the stage as a subassembly.

In the default configuration the Emu engines can do orbit and reach the Mun and Minmus. I tested the dv capability of the ship, which was enough to do a Mun-Minmus-Mun-Reentry round trip. Just watch though, all stages have a high TWR.

The ship was originally designed to lift the Taurus HCV with VSR docking ports but other payloads seem to work.

The craft is stable in ascent but needs a lot of tilting for the turn due to the wings.

Mods used:

• SpaceY Lifters and expanded
  • Vens stock part revamp
  • Taurus HCV pod

Mods highly recommended:

• GravityTurn
  • KerbalJointReinforcement 

Download: https://kerbalx.com/RA3236/SLS-SpaceY-Heavy-Lifter

Edited by RA3236

Just now, EdusacconBR said:

OOOOooooh, beatufiul :P
but how much vab it can explode?

Actually because of its size I don't want to find out :) but since it is a Boosted SSTO and a 7.5m I wouldn't be surprised if your launchpad died, in which case add clamps.

I am gonna call @max_creative here: THIS is 2Mt of lifter.

Just now, EdusacconBR said:

but can it explode the runway?:P the only thing i ever did capable of exploding it was a flying battleship that used the vtol wings from Quiz Tech aerospace xD

Well you'll have to find out yourself. :P 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.