Upgraded Support for Peripherals

I've had problems for a long time now with any external control device I add to KSP, such as a gamepad or joystick. None of them seem to work, unless I install the Fly-By-Wire mod. It's a nice mod, but can the software of the mod be made stock? There are a few issues I would like cleared so using my joystick and gamepad is less buggy.

40 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Can you be more specific on the issue?  I know controllers are something Squad has struggled with but simply referencing the functions of a mod doesn't help a lot unless you explain them in detail.

My issue is that the button assignments I give to the mod can be incorrect as well as when I was assigning commands it would override other assignments. Not to mention the mod would also have the actions I set to the buttons I used, but they would not respond. It would also lock me out of keyboard control so I cannot correct the issues with the peripheral. This was recently with the most updated CKAN install of the FBW mod. The peripheral in this case was a LogicTech Extreme 3D Pro.

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

My issue is that the button assignments I give to the mod can be incorrect as well as when I was assigning commands it would override other assignments. Not to mention the mod would also have the actions I set to the buttons I used, but they would not respond. It would also lock me out of keyboard control so I cannot correct the issues with the peripheral. This was recently with the most updated CKAN install of the FBW mod. The peripheral in this case was a LogicTech Extreme 3D Pro.

I kinda meant, what do you want the game to do?  Not the mod.

Just now, Alshain said:

I kinda meant, what do you want the game to do?  Not the mod.

I would like the stock game to respond better. I detected the axis' I was using when trying to assign it, however it always reverted to it's original state of no assignment. This means I have no way of using my actual joystick to move, I would have to use the buttons. This also happens with gamepads, I tap the D-Pad/Analog stick and it does not detect it at all, requiring me to use the buttons to assign.

I would like the stock game to respond better. I detected the axis' I was using when trying to assign it, however it always reverted to it's original state of no assignment. This means I have no way of using my actual joystick to move, I would have to use the buttons. This also happens with gamepads, I tap the D-Pad/Analog stick and it does not detect it at all, requiring me to use the buttons to assign.

I've heard this report before.  Unfortunately I think its been one of those hard to track issues.  I don't have the issue myself, my T.Flight HOTAS has always worked fine, but you aren't alone on this one.  Have you tried the pre-release?

2 minutes ago, Alshain said:

I've heard this report before.  Unfortunately I think its been one of those hard to track issues.  I don't have the issue myself, my T.Flight HOTAS has always worked fine, but you aren't alone on this one.  Have you tried the pre-release?

No, I am one of the store buyers and have no access (although I'd love to have access).

No, I am one of the store buyers and have no access (although I'd love to have access).

Well, I don't know if it has been fixed or not.  Maybe someone else can confirm or deny.  But I do know I have seen the issue reported many times over the last year-ish since 1.0 came out.  I'm certain Squad is aware of it, but those intermittent issues can be hard.  As a developer myself, I can tell you things get fixed faster if I can see it happen on my screen inside the debugger.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.