passinglurker's random dev (recent release: Moar Mk1 ver. 0.3 now with engines!)

passinglurker

47 minutes ago, IronCretin said:

I like the look of the gray stripe, but not the white text.

can you elaborate? what would you do instead of white letters?

11 minutes ago, Overland said:

Yaaaaaaaaaa! longer mark 1 LF tanks.. finally single peice wagons. (and locomotives!)

rep for you

glad I could be of service sir :wink:

3 hours ago, passinglurker said:

can you elaborate? what would you do instead of white letters?

I also like the grey stripe, but not the white text...

you could try a darker grey text...like the gray you have for the ( )  refresh symbol, and darker than the grey text on the white stripe... ???

Edited by Stone Blue

23 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

I also like the grey stripe, but not the white text...

you could try a darker grey text...like the gray you have for the ( )  refresh symbol, and darker than the grey text on the white stripe... ???

That symbol is supposed to mean it's a reaction wheel. It's the same symbol the nav ball uses to say the SAS is actively steering.

I dunno about going darker though I don't see it contrasting all that well. Just what is it about the white letters that turns you off?

3 minutes ago, passinglurker said:

so hows this then?

the lettering is now the same shade as the "white" fuselage while the stripe is the same shade as the mk3 cockpit so basically I made everything darker (and a monoprop APU because solar panels and space planes don't really mix well)

I like it!

Just now, BT Industries said:

I love using this mod!!!

It makes space planes look so much nicer,

Thank you for this wonderful mod!!!

(A 45 and a 90 degree turn might be nice, if you have the time)

thanks! n_n

(what do you mean by turn? like more perspective shots of the current WIP parts? or like some sort of new structural part? and if so what purpose would it serve that couldn't already be done with radially attaching nose cones?)

1 minute ago, passinglurker said:

thanks! n_n

(what do you mean by turn? like more perspective shots of the current WIP parts? or like some sort of new structural part? and if so what purpose would it serve that couldn't already be done with radially attaching nose cones?)

xJpnQZi.jpg

Something like this but Porkjet style.

1 minute ago, BT Industries said:

A 45 deggre version would be cool for making rings and I would use the 90 degree on to make a sort of space tug type craft

do you have a rudimentary knowledge of 3d modeling? this doesn't exactly tickle my fancy but it'd be a good starter for one to cut thier teeth on the usual obstacle is texturing (emulating another's style is hard most of the time) so I could show you how I get around that photoshopping the stock texture sheets to make the parts for this mod and then you can go and make angled connectors in every 15 degree increment if you so wished. :wink:  

2 minutes ago, passinglurker said:

do you have a rudimentary knowledge of 3d modeling? this doesn't exactly tickle my fancy but it'd be a good starter for one to cut thier teeth on the usual obstacle is texturing (emulating another's style is hard most of the time) so I could show you how I get around that photoshopping the stock texture sheets to make the parts for this mod and then you can go and make angled connectors in every 15 degree increment if you so wished. :wink:  

So your offering to teach me how to texture it if I make the model?

Did I understand that correctly ???

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2016 at 0:59 PM, Bombaatu said:

Have you considered adding Real Plume support for the engines?

Actually I've been having trouble getting effects nodes to work which is why the engines presently use the legacy effects. If anyone could give me some pointers on making more advanced engine effects it would be greatly appreciated :)

I'm going to guess it's the uniquely named thrustTransforms the engines have (i.e. thrustTransform800v rather than just thrustTransform), because I just made a quick MM config to apply the RAPIER closed-cycle effects to the "Hawk" engine.

@PART[engine800v]
{
	EFFECTS
	{
		running_closed
		{
			AUDIO
			{
				channel = Ship
				clip = sound_rocket_spurts
				volume = 0.0 0.0
				volume = 1.0 1.0
				pitch = 0.0 0.2
				pitch = 1.0 1.0
				loop = true
			}
			PREFAB_PARTICLE
			{
				prefabName = fx_smokeTrail_aeroSpike
				transformName = thrustTransform800v //This will be unique for each engine
				emission = 0.0 0.0
				emission = 0.05 0.0
				emission = 0.075 0.25
				emission = 1.0 1.25
				speed = 0.0 0.25
				speed = 1.0 1.0
				localOffset = 0, 0, 1
			}
			MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
			{
				modelName = Squad/FX/shockExhaust_blue_small
				transformName = thrustTransform800v //This will be unique for each engine
				emission = 0.0 0.0
				emission = 0.05 0.0
				emission = 0.075 0.25
				emission = 1.0 1.25
				speed = 0.0 0.5
				speed = 1.0 1.2
			}
		}
		engage
		{
			AUDIO
			{
				channel = Ship
				clip = sound_vent_soft
				volume = 1.0
				pitch = 2.0
				loop = false
			}
		}
		flameout
		{
			PREFAB_PARTICLE
			{
				prefabName = fx_exhaustSparks_flameout_2
				transformName = smokePoint
				oneShot = true
			}
			AUDIO
			{
				channel = Ship
				clip = sound_explosion_low
				volume = 1.0
				pitch = 2.0
				loop = false
			}
		}
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		@name = ModuleEnginesFX
		runningEffectName = running_closed
	}
}

Hope this helps! (Going to make the RealPlume configs now)

EDIT: Here's the RealPlume configs. (You can include them in the download or we could include them in the RP-Stock package)

Edited by DerpyFirework

@DerpyFirework wow thanks on both accounts your config works so I must have been typing in the thrust transform names wrong all along. As for whether to put the configs in my download or in RP-Stock I think the best thing until I move this mod from add-on dev is to include them in RP-Stock if it isn't too much trouble. I'm trying to keep the number of official compatibility config files in my download to a minimum before the 1.0 release so that I can focus on fleshing out the parts list first (though of course I'd still happily link to any compatibility configs anyone else makes in the meantime :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.