0.18.3 Demo

10 hours ago, goldenpeach said:

Hi!

You can have the demo on the KSP website, by clicking on the button "demo", situated right next to the "store" button.

(or by clicking here, as this will bring you to the demo page)

What I meant was the OLD demo. I want to do some experimenting with that demo (I have the full game already, so all I do is mess around in those versions)

The version 0.18.3 demo is hard to get to. You could in theory use the Wayback Machine to go to the Wayback Machine and download the demo from there, but please be advised, the download links take you to MediaFire, and visiting that site is, judging by some pretty recent actions here on the forums, not the brightest of ideas one could have. You could use the torrent but you'll have to decide yourself on that - I have no experience using torrents, so do it at your own risk.

Alternatively, someone who still owns the old demo might upload it somewhere for everyone to have, but I don't know what the legal implications of this would be or whether there would even exist any legal consequences.

I wish you good luck on your quest to find the ultimate demo I also had a ton of fun with before I finally bought the game.

Edited by mipmo
more bold text for extra effect

I'm pretty sure I got it over Christmas holiday from the Steam Store.  Note, I don't think you can get the demo from an account that already has KSP, you have to make on for someone else.  I can't say if they are still shipping the .18 demo on steam or not, but the KSP store seems to be using the 1.0.0 demo.

There is a lot of room for confusion here as the demo for 1.0 kept the 0.18.3 version number on the menu screen.  I have the older one as well as the current one and would happily put it on dropbox for you but get confirmation that it's permitted from Squad first.  Last time I talked to them about copyright issues they wouldn't/couldn't come up with the standard sttribution - "KSP is copyright of Squad ..." - type text so don't hold your breathe.  (And it took them several months to decide I wasn't allowed to publish screenshots)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.