[Question/Request] any suggestion for hatch/airlock ?

Maukse

Hello, fellow Kerbonauts !

I would like to know if a surface-attachable "almost" weightless hatch exist ?
My point is : I have an mkII bay inline with an mkII passenger cabine. I would like to allow my crew to "eva" from the rear-side of the cabine (=> in the cargo bay). Is there any way to do this ? I've done a few research, but so far I did not found any results.

9 minutes ago, Maukse said:

Hello, fellow Kerbonauts !

I would like to know if a surface-attachable "almost" weightless hatch exist ?
My point is : I have an mkII bay inline with an mkII passenger cabine. I would like to allow my crew to "eva" from the rear-side of the cabine (=> in the cargo bay). Is there any way to do this ? I've done a few research, but so far I did not found any results.

There is no such mod, and without serious work it cannot be done as it requires a custom part with custom EVA points and hatch detection mechanics (to check if clear). Simply, no. This does not exist.

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

There is no such mod, and without serious work it cannot be done as it requires a custom part with custom EVA points and hatch detection mechanics (to check if clear). Simply, no. This does not exist.

Thank you for your quick answer ! I did notice during my search that it was not an easy thing to create - especially, with the change in Unity.
But it would be usefull, at least in my case !

Maybe if the project is not that gargantuous, I might try myself.

Just now, Maukse said:

Thank you for your quick answer ! I did notice during my search that it was not an easy thing to create - especially, with the change in Unity.
But it would be usefull, at least in my case !

Maybe if the project is not that gargantuous, I might try myself.

It's a pretty big task.

What I suggest is to simply clip a lander can into your back end, then transfer crew into it, and let them EVA from there. It's a stock fix which with some work, should do what your wanting.

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

It's a pretty big task.

What I suggest is to simply clip a lander can into your back end, then transfer crew into it, and let them EVA from there. It's a stock fix which with some work, should do what your wanting.

I know, but I can't go with the mass increase.

15 minutes ago, Grumman said:

The Stockalike Station Parts has an inline one that weighs 0.1 tons. You can attach it to the front-inside node of the cargo bay, then use crew transfer to move a Kerbal from the cabin to the airlock, then have them go on EVA from there.

Great suggestion !

Thanks, just did a tweaking of the mkI lander to get "more or less" the same think (I had to rescale it, and change a bit of everything such as weight, remove monoprop and so on).
I will give it a try

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.