[1.3.0] KSP Chroma Control

FauserneEist

12 hours ago, FauserneEist said:

I know for sure it won't work (I'm the mod developer). The linux drivers are all reverse engineered by members of the community and not compatible with the Razer API. At first I thought I might be able to implement it but it would mean reimplementing the Colore C# library  to work with the linux razer drivers. I would like to use the mod on linux as well but I don't have the time to do this implementation myself. 

Thank you for your reply.

It's not the reply I had hoped, but the reply I had expected :( I have no time at the moment, so I will just be following this thread and be jealous of those who can enjoy this mod :wink: If I have some time later on, I may have a second look and see if something can be done maybe with kRPC or Telemachus, but given my expected (lack of) free time in the near future, that'll be probably not be before the summer.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is there any for me to configure some keys?  I maintain a few mods which do things with the keyboard (EVA Enhancements, EEX) and this is great.  I'd like to support it, if possible

I would have to create a public interface for that. I don't know exactly which functions you need. Can you send me a PM with all exposed functions you need? Do you want stuff like toggleKey(Key) or setKeyToColor(Key, Color)? Or do you need access to the grid of all keys and the animation manager?

2 hours ago, FauserneEist said:

I would have to create a public interface for that. I don't know exactly which functions you need. Can you send me a PM with all exposed functions you need? Do you want stuff like toggleKey(Key) or setKeyToColor(Key, Color)? Or do you need access to the grid of all keys and the animation manager?

I have no idea, as yet.  I'll take a look at your source and see if it inspires me :-)

Thanks

On 3/10/2017 at 3:37 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I ordered a Chroma keyboard just for this mod!

I'm in the process of building myself a gaming rig, and this mod certainly influenced my decision to buy a Chroma keyboard as well.. it just now got delivered!

'Tis a pity I have to wait until tonight to test it out..

My wife bought me the Blackwidow version last year for my birthday; I love it!

The only gripe I have is the little rubber anti-skid pads are starting to slide out of position.

I've made a few simple profiles for sims and things like world of tanks, but this mod is brilliant!

49 minutes ago, OneEyedBob said:

The only gripe I have is the little rubber anti-skid pads are starting to slide out of position.

I've made a few simple profiles for sims and things like world of tanks, but this mod is brilliant!

The Blackwidow is the one I've just bought.. can't wait for tonight, am about to try it out now.

I've only just had a quick look since getting my Blackwidow Chroma keyboard today (I'm at work), but I'm loving it so far!

On 4/18/2016 at 7:57 AM, FauserneEist said:

Vessel heat displayed in three colors (blue = cool, red = warm/hot, yellow = you're in trouble), uses the scrollwheel and logo on mice and the bottom LEDs on the mousepad.

Any chance this can be extended to do the same thing with the Razer logo at the bottom of the Blackwidow keyboard?

On 9.3.2017 at 5:37 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I ordered a Chroma keyboard just for this mod!

9 hours ago, JAFO said:

I'm in the process of building myself a gaming rig, and this mod certainly influenced my decision to buy a Chroma keyboard as well.. it just now got delivered!

'Tis a pity I have to wait until tonight to test it out..

8 hours ago, OneEyedBob said:

Way to put pressure an a guy. :-D

2 hours ago, JAFO said:

I've only just had a quick look since getting my Blackwidow Chroma keyboard today (I'm at work), but I'm loving it so far!

Any chance this can be extended to do the same thing with the Razer logo at the bottom of the Blackwidow keyboard?

Should be possible, I will add it in the next release. This will have to wait for the next KSP version though since I don't have much time right now.

On 4/18/2016 at 7:57 AM, FauserneEist said:

Vessel height above ground displayed on F1 to F4 keys (F1 = 10m, F2 = 50m, F3 = 100m, F4 = 1000m). The intensity changes, e.g. if F1 is fully lit and F2 is half lit, you are 30 meters above ground.

A question.. is this actual height above ground (ie - radar altimeter), or is it height above sea level, as per the stock altimeter?

Edit: Never mind, reading through the earlier posts, I see it's a radar altimeter.. excellent.

Edited by JAFO

Couple of more problems.

First, getting a lot of the following exceptions in the log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KspChromaControl.ColoreDrain.displayHeat (KspChromaControl.ColorSchemes.ColorScheme colorScheme) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KspChromaControl.ColoreDrain.send (KspChromaControl.ColorSchemes.ColorScheme scheme) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KspChromaControl.KSPChromaPlugin+<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<Update>b__0 (DataDrain drain) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[KspChromaControl.DataDrain].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KspChromaControl.KSPChromaPlugin.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Second, with this installed, every time I exit the program, it crashes.

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Couple of more problems.

First, getting a lot of the following exceptions in the log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KspChromaControl.ColoreDrain.displayHeat (KspChromaControl.ColorSchemes.ColorScheme colorScheme) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KspChromaControl.ColoreDrain.send (KspChromaControl.ColorSchemes.ColorScheme scheme) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KspChromaControl.KSPChromaPlugin+<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<Update>b__0 (DataDrain drain) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[KspChromaControl.DataDrain].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KspChromaControl.KSPChromaPlugin.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Second, with this installed, every time I exit the program, it crashes.

Can you send me the game log after the crash? You can remove any personal information from the log before sending it to me. Ideally as a bug report on github or if you don't know how to do that as a personal message.

I'll put it in a bug report on Github.

I'll also include the complete crash files, in case it helps.

For this test, I merely started the program, when it got to the Main Menu, I exited.

It's on Github now: https://github.com/cguckes/ksp-chroma/issues/11

Edited by linuxgurugamer

16 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I wanted to try to compile this, so I downloaded the library from here:

https://github.com/CoraleStudios/Colore/releases/download/v5.1.0/colore_5.1.0.99_unity.zip

updated the references for my system, and am getting an error that the colors can't be converted.

???

You need to check out my fork of the library. The guys from colore insisted on using the windows forms colors which aren't present in the .net-2.0-subset profile in unity. I removed all references from the library and suggested decoupling the color implementation but they refused.

3 hours ago, FauserneEist said:

You need to check out my fork of the library. The guys from colore insisted on using the windows forms colors which aren't present in the .net-2.0-subset profile in unity. I removed all references from the library and suggested decoupling the color implementation but they refused.

Could you put the compiled version up on Github?  It's needed the Razer libraries, and I don't want to spend time digging for those.  I just want to take a quick look to see if I can find that segfault for you.

Thanks

So I got a razer chroma today and wanted to try this mod. I have the latest KSP release, downloaded the latest version of this mod from a couple weeks ago, put it into the gamedata folder, and it still doesn't work. Is there anything in the Synapse program that I have to activate before I can access the colors on KSP?

Also not that it matters, but this is on a mac and the keyboard otherwise works perfectly fine.

10 hours ago, fredbreakfast said:

So I got a razer chroma today and wanted to try this mod. I have the latest KSP release, downloaded the latest version of this mod from a couple weeks ago, put it into the gamedata folder, and it still doesn't work. Is there anything in the Synapse program that I have to activate before I can access the colors on KSP?

Also not that it matters, but this is on a mac and the keyboard otherwise works perfectly fine.

Sorry, but so far the mod is Windoze only... I can't do anything for mac users because I don't own a mac. Therefore I can't test the code on mac either...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.