[1.3.0] KSP Chroma Control

FauserneEist

What happens when you start the game? Do you see any red text flashing when the loading screen is on? Which version of the mod are you using? If you use the prerelease you should use the 1.2 version of the mod, if not, use the older one. If the versions are correct, please send me the output_log.txt from the KSP_Data folder.

Edited by FauserneEist

On 3.10.2016 at 9:25 PM, FauserneEist said:

What happens when you start the game? Do you see any red text flashing when the loading screen is on? Which version of the mod are you using? If you use the prerelease you should use the 1.2 version of the mod, if not, use the older one. If the versions are correct, please send me the output_log.txt from the KSP_Data folder.

AH I fixed it. Thanks alot! o/

• 1 month later...

On 2016-10-05 at 7:47 AM, FauserneEist said:

In the current version, the flight mode is still broken, due to changes in the API. I've decided to wait for the release so I don't have to change the mod every day... :-/

Sadly I know little of programming; is the API now stable enough?

Oh and not sure if you saw my post about the slash key. Given the layout, I'm thinking you want to have forward slash / red for the logo; or is it purposely done on the backslash \ ?

On 10.11.2016 at 3:06 AM, OneEyedBob said:

Sadly I know little of programming; is the API now stable enough?

Oh and not sure if you saw my post about the slash key. Given the layout, I'm thinking you want to have forward slash / red for the logo; or is it purposely done on the backslash \ ?

Hi, I'm currently very busy, but I will fix it once I find the time. Give me a month or so ;-)

The slash thing depends on the keyboard layout. I'll see if I can use some sort of coordinate instead of the key as a reference for the color. I don't know if I can fix it this, but I will try...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, theeternalpotato said:

agree completely here

Also just got a razer deathstaker chroma, and nothing happens when I install the mod :( 

I would love to see this working! 

:D

Hi guys, I know it's not working currently and I promised to fix it a while ago. The problem is that I really don't have much time on my hands right now. I'm in the middle of moving house, I just finished my masters degree and I'm starting my own company. Maybe I'll be able to get the basic functionality running again one late evening not too far in the future. I'm struggling to make any promises since I haven't been able to keep any I've made here lately.

If someone is interested in writing a quick fix that allows some of the functionality to be working again, I'd be happy to merge it on github. It's a very nice project to start learning KSP modding, since the codebase is very small and I really tried writing easily understandable code. Any 13 to 25 year old C# coders out there who want to try their luck, I'd be happy to help :-D

57 minutes ago, FauserneEist said:

Hi guys, I know it's not working currently and I promised to fix it a while ago. The problem is that I really don't have much time on my hands right now. I'm in the middle of moving house, I just finished my masters degree and I'm starting my own company. Maybe I'll be able to get the basic functionality running again one late evening not too far in the future. I'm struggling to make any promises since I haven't been able to keep any I've made here lately.

If someone is interested in writing a quick fix that allows some of the functionality to be working again, I'd be happy to merge it on github. It's a very nice project to start learning KSP modding, since the codebase is very small and I really tried writing easily understandable code. Any 13 to 25 year old C# coders out there who want to try their luck, I'd be happy to help :-D

Good luck on the company! All the best wishes.

• 1 month later...

I fired it up briefly and checked out the title screen, KSC, VAB, and one of my Luna orbital labs.

The colours appear correctly, including the hot-keys, in each scene and I didn't see any error spam in the console.

I haven't checked the crash or splash down animations yet, and while I note they lit up and appear to be working, I haven't confirmed the gauges are working properly/accurately.

43 minutes ago, OneEyedBob said:

I fired it up briefly and checked out the title screen, KSC, VAB, and one of my Luna orbital labs.

The colours appear correctly, including the hot-keys, in each scene and I didn't see any error spam in the console.

I haven't checked the crash or splash down animations yet, and while I note they lit up and appear to be working, I haven't confirmed the gauges are working properly/accurately.

The gauges should work as they did before, I didn't change any code that would affect that. If it starts and isn't spamming the console, that looks pretty promising. At least I didn't forget to upload any files. ;-) I'm gonna see if there are any complaints coming in this week and then I'll release.

1 hour ago, DiscrafTsk said:

Wau I was waiting for this update for a while and it was worth it. Everything seems to be working perfectly. I can finally record video about this awesome mod :) Thx

Please do, I'll put a link on the github-page as well as the curse page :-)

1 hour ago, Joal ban Kluane said:

I was wondering: has anyone tried this with linux ? I am contemplating investing in a such a keyboard for KSP. I know there are drivers for the Chroma keyboard available for linux, but I'm not sure they use the same API, so I'm not sure this would work.

I know for sure it won't work (I'm the mod developer). The linux drivers are all reverse engineered by members of the community and not compatible with the Razer API. At first I thought I might be able to implement it but it would mean reimplementing the Colore C# library  to work with the linux razer drivers. I would like to use the mod on linux as well but I don't have the time to do this implementation myself. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.