FauserneEist

[1.3.0] KSP Chroma Control

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, FauserneEist said:

I know for sure it won't work (I'm the mod developer). The linux drivers are all reverse engineered by members of the community and not compatible with the Razer API. At first I thought I might be able to implement it but it would mean reimplementing the Colore C# library  to work with the linux razer drivers. I would like to use the mod on linux as well but I don't have the time to do this implementation myself. 

Thank you for your reply.

It's not the reply I had hoped, but the reply I had expected :( I have no time at the moment, so I will just be following this thread and be jealous of those who can enjoy this mod :wink: If I have some time later on, I may have a second look and see if something can be done maybe with kRPC or Telemachus, but given my expected (lack of) free time in the near future, that'll be probably not be before the summer.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is there any for me to configure some keys?  I maintain a few mods which do things with the keyboard (EVA Enhancements, EEX) and this is great.  I'd like to support it, if possible

 

I would have to create a public interface for that. I don't know exactly which functions you need. Can you send me a PM with all exposed functions you need? Do you want stuff like toggleKey(Key) or setKeyToColor(Key, Color)? Or do you need access to the grid of all keys and the animation manager?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FauserneEist said:

I would have to create a public interface for that. I don't know exactly which functions you need. Can you send me a PM with all exposed functions you need? Do you want stuff like toggleKey(Key) or setKeyToColor(Key, Color)? Or do you need access to the grid of all keys and the animation manager?

I have no idea, as yet.  I'll take a look at your source and see if it inspires me :-)

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2017 at 3:37 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I ordered a Chroma keyboard just for this mod!

 

I'm in the process of building myself a gaming rig, and this mod certainly influenced my decision to buy a Chroma keyboard as well.. it just now got delivered!

'Tis a pity I have to wait until tonight to test it out..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My keyboard is going to be delayed a day, due to the snowstorm on the East Coast

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife bought me the Blackwidow version last year for my birthday; I love it!

The only gripe I have is the little rubber anti-skid pads are starting to slide out of position.

I've made a few simple profiles for sims and things like world of tanks, but this mod is brilliant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, OneEyedBob said:

My wife bought me the Blackwidow version last year for my birthday; I love it!

The only gripe I have is the little rubber anti-skid pads are starting to slide out of position.

I've made a few simple profiles for sims and things like world of tanks, but this mod is brilliant!

The Blackwidow is the one I've just bought.. can't wait for tonight, am about to try it out now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only just had a quick look since getting my Blackwidow Chroma keyboard today (I'm at work), but I'm loving it so far!

 

On 4/18/2016 at 7:57 AM, FauserneEist said:

Vessel heat displayed in three colors (blue = cool, red = warm/hot, yellow = you're in trouble), uses the scrollwheel and logo on mice and the bottom LEDs on the mousepad.

Any chance this can be extended to do the same thing with the Razer logo at the bottom of the Blackwidow keyboard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9.3.2017 at 5:37 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I ordered a Chroma keyboard just for this mod!

 

 

9 hours ago, JAFO said:

I'm in the process of building myself a gaming rig, and this mod certainly influenced my decision to buy a Chroma keyboard as well.. it just now got delivered!

'Tis a pity I have to wait until tonight to test it out..

 

8 hours ago, OneEyedBob said:

My wife bought me the Blackwidow version last year for my birthday; I love it!

The only gripe I have is the little rubber anti-skid pads are starting to slide out of position.

I've made a few simple profiles for sims and things like world of tanks, but this mod is brilliant!

Way to put pressure an a guy. :-D

2 hours ago, JAFO said:

I've only just had a quick look since getting my Blackwidow Chroma keyboard today (I'm at work), but I'm loving it so far!

 

Any chance this can be extended to do the same thing with the Razer logo at the bottom of the Blackwidow keyboard?

Should be possible, I will add it in the next release. This will have to wait for the next KSP version though since I don't have much time right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2016 at 7:57 AM, FauserneEist said:

Vessel height above ground displayed on F1 to F4 keys (F1 = 10m, F2 = 50m, F3 = 100m, F4 = 1000m). The intensity changes, e.g. if F1 is fully lit and F2 is half lit, you are 30 meters above ground.

A question.. is this actual height above ground (ie - radar altimeter), or is it height above sea level, as per the stock altimeter?

Edit: Never mind, reading through the earlier posts, I see it's a radar altimeter.. excellent.

Edited by JAFO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woohoo!  Got my keyboard.  Looks great!!!!

But:

If the game crashes, the keyboard is left in whatever state it was in.  How do you reset it?

Also, you should add a .version file, so that CKAN can more easily know when a new version is available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be a way to load up a colour scheme in the razer synapse software.

I made a default profile that loads whenever it goes to desktop; either from quitting or crashing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of more problems.

First, getting a lot of the following exceptions in the log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KspChromaControl.ColoreDrain.displayHeat (KspChromaControl.ColorSchemes.ColorScheme colorScheme) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KspChromaControl.ColoreDrain.send (KspChromaControl.ColorSchemes.ColorScheme scheme) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KspChromaControl.KSPChromaPlugin+<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<Update>b__0 (DataDrain drain) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[KspChromaControl.DataDrain].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KspChromaControl.KSPChromaPlugin.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 

Second, with this installed, every time I exit the program, it crashes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Couple of more problems.

First, getting a lot of the following exceptions in the log:


NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KspChromaControl.ColoreDrain.displayHeat (KspChromaControl.ColorSchemes.ColorScheme colorScheme) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KspChromaControl.ColoreDrain.send (KspChromaControl.ColorSchemes.ColorScheme scheme) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KspChromaControl.KSPChromaPlugin+<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<Update>b__0 (DataDrain drain) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[KspChromaControl.DataDrain].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KspChromaControl.KSPChromaPlugin.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 

Second, with this installed, every time I exit the program, it crashes.

Can you send me the game log after the crash? You can remove any personal information from the log before sending it to me. Ideally as a bug report on github or if you don't know how to do that as a personal message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'll put it in a bug report on Github.

I'll also include the complete crash files, in case it helps.

For this test, I merely started the program, when it got to the Main Menu, I exited.

 

It's on Github now: https://github.com/cguckes/ksp-chroma/issues/11

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I wanted to try to compile this, so I downloaded the library from here:

https://github.com/CoraleStudios/Colore/releases/download/v5.1.0/colore_5.1.0.99_unity.zip

updated the references for my system, and am getting an error that the colors can't be converted.

???

You need to check out my fork of the library. The guys from colore insisted on using the windows forms colors which aren't present in the .net-2.0-subset profile in unity. I removed all references from the library and suggested decoupling the color implementation but they refused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FauserneEist said:

You need to check out my fork of the library. The guys from colore insisted on using the windows forms colors which aren't present in the .net-2.0-subset profile in unity. I removed all references from the library and suggested decoupling the color implementation but they refused.

Could you put the compiled version up on Github?  It's needed the Razer libraries, and I don't want to spend time digging for those.  I just want to take a quick look to see if I can find that segfault for you.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, thought I had done it.

Anyway, got it to compile, I'll see if I can fix it quickly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the nullrefs are gone after recompiling.

Still getting the crash after exiting, I'm looking into it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So, the nullrefs are gone after recompiling.

Still getting the crash after exiting, I'm looking into it

I've been unable to find the problem here, and don't really have time to do anything else right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got a razer chroma today and wanted to try this mod. I have the latest KSP release, downloaded the latest version of this mod from a couple weeks ago, put it into the gamedata folder, and it still doesn't work. Is there anything in the Synapse program that I have to activate before I can access the colors on KSP?

Also not that it matters, but this is on a mac and the keyboard otherwise works perfectly fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, fredbreakfast said:

So I got a razer chroma today and wanted to try this mod. I have the latest KSP release, downloaded the latest version of this mod from a couple weeks ago, put it into the gamedata folder, and it still doesn't work. Is there anything in the Synapse program that I have to activate before I can access the colors on KSP?

Also not that it matters, but this is on a mac and the keyboard otherwise works perfectly fine.

Sorry, but so far the mod is Windoze only... I can't do anything for mac users because I don't own a mac. Therefore I can't test the code on mac either...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now