[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

Kerbalism not working, just downloaded it and installed latest version.

EDIT: works but in collision with some mod I ques

ksp 1.1.0.1230, bunch of mods installed. With Kerbalism in gamedata foleder, once on launch pad with vessel ready, commands dont look to work, caps lock, T, R,  shift ctrl no effect.  Core probe, science parts etc all turned display off.   Removing kerbalism from gamedata folder all again works fine.

Edited by Hrv123

@Hrv123 What antenna did you put it? Its possible is an antenna that isn't stock, nor the small gray one that is included in this mod? Because to control a probe you need an antenna that is either stock or the one included with this mod, other ones will not be recognized as antennas and will lock the probe controls, including CTRL & SHIFT

Ok I did more testing, it looks like that when there is only Reflectron DP-10 attached to ship there is no connection. When adding that gray 8 and/or  stock 16, DP-10 works as it should. 16 and 8 are turned off at start so its their mere presence that alows DP-10 to have connection, strange.

Edited by Hrv123

@Hrv123 Its because this mod doesn't support that antenna. It does support these one:

• the Communotron8, added by this mod
  • the Communotron16, from the stock game
  • the small dish, from the stock game
  • the big dish, from the stock game
  • all antennas in VenStockRevamp

Also look like the antenna you mention comes from RealTech... You can't use this mod together with RT, they are not compatible.

I finally began to use your mod and it's awesome! If you'll never add a Donate button, I'll pay with pleasure a beer to you (or a coffee, in case).

I found a possible bug. If I EVA a Kerbal, the correct amount of monopropellent is subtracted from the pod, but when the Kerbal return inside, the monoprop doesn't come back.

As reproduction step, just EVA a Kerbal and push immediately the Board button. In a couple of EVA you'll deplete all of the RCS in the MK1 Pod without leaving the ladder.

Hi, @ShotgunNinja this mod you made is really great, but I have some questions. I'm sorry but I haven't time to read all posts in topic so sorry for repeated questions. First of all, is this working for multiple solar systems or not? RSS Expanded or other mods of this type.

Second thing is, if this mod cooperate with RemoteTech2, TAC/USI/Snacks or other mods of this type? I red few things about it at start of topic, but still, how it work?

This mod is really good and combine one of my favorite mods (RT, USI LS, malfunctions, other)...

Thanks

Toonu

There is one "Must have" feature that is missing (or I'm blind).

Convert-O-Tron can currently convert ore into oxidizer and oxidizer is.... OXYGEN.

Keeping that in mind, please add some part that converts oxidizer into oxygen or add ability to convert ore into oxygen via Convert-O-Tron.

Having a way to produce oxygen is a last piece required to make self-sufficient base :)

Just now, Skipperro said:

There is one "Must have" feature that is missing (or I'm blind).

Convert-O-Tron can currently convert ore into oxidizer and oxidizer is.... OXYGEN.

Keeping that in mind, please add some part that converts oxidizer into oxygen or add ability to convert ore into oxygen via Convert-O-Tron.

Having a way to produce oxygen is a last piece required to make self-sufficient base :)

This is kinda tricky. We don't know if oxidizer is oxygen. I does not have the same parameters.

Hi ShotgunNinja, Thanks for one of the most promising mods for 1.1!

Though it's not compatible with Remotech at least for now, that will create some major problems to whom who play with antennas, starting with the Flight Computer that allows to give commands to execute maneuvers without direct com relay, the comms delay of RT and some other details.

Do you have in mind something similar to Flight Computer of RT? I believe it's a pertinent issue to this mod, it's really awesome and promising. 

If i may give my opinion you can also remove the Antenna part of the mod and integrate RT with it (or give us a option to not use the comms part of the mod), RT is very detailed and evolved at this stage, you will have alot of work just to get all the RT features.

Keep up the good work, 

Edited by Rakird

@Toonu This mod doesn't support multiple stars, it assume the game has only one. Also, this mod overlap with RT, other life supports, etc. It doesn't mean its not compatible. It means it doesn't make sense to use both together.

@curiousepic The way I do consume and produce resource is to set the values directly in the ProtoModules. If PersistentThrust do the same, it should be compatible. And you'll get to see the EC amount in the monitor.

@Rakird The signal mechanics here is not meant to be full-blown like RT does: no flight computers, no directionable antennas, no signal delay. Just something like Antenna Range but with explicit relay and background EC consumption.

@Skipperro Thatshould be doable with a simple MM patch. I could ship it with the mod, disabled, and who want may rename a file and have it. On the todo list :)

2 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Toonu This mod doesn't support multiple stars, it assume the game has only one. Also, this mod overlap with RT, other life supports, etc. It doesn't mean its not compatible. It means it doesn't make sense to use both together.

@curiousepic The way I do consume and produce resource is to set the values directly in the ProtoModules. If PersistentThrust do the same, it should be compatible. And you'll get to see the EC amount in the monitor.

@Rakird The signal mechanics here is not meant to be full-blown like RT does: no flight computers, no directionable antennas, no signal delay. Just something like Antenna Range but with explicit relay and background EC consumption.

@Skipperro Thatshould be doable with a simple MM patch. I could ship it with the mod, disabled, and who want may rename a file and have it. On the todo list :)

Alright, i'll give it a try, i believe the other features can compensate the loss of the RT features :)

This looks like an awesome mod and a huge amount of great work, but I've got an issue:

In the description you mention rearranged Techs, but for me its just the standard Tech tree. Mystery Goo and MatLab in first nodes, no Thermometers. Am I missing some dependency?

Edit: let me answer myself: I was missing ModuleManager. Perhaps you could give a hint or just package it with the download.

Apart from the small problem its the Mod I've been always waiting for :)

Edited by Nephas

Well, i've tested a couple launched so far, with Remotech included, so far nothing breaks with the 2 mods together, it's impossible to add RT antennas to Kerbalism? If so it seems so far they complement each other :)