[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

2 minutes ago, Berlin said:

So the relay would just consist of another vessel with a working antenna on it acting as a middle man? 

I think you have to have multiple antennas on the orbiter- one toggled as a relay and another for the regular mission control comms.

Which turns out nicely for me, since I do that for aesthetics/habit anyways, so at the least, if my antennas were working, I could test that.

Edited by Box of Stardust

8 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

That is definively not normal at all. This mod does nothing to the contracts. Can you try reproduce the problem without this mod installed?

Alright. I did what you asked. Without the mod I have no problems. My theory: The game doesn't recognize the antennas OR the power generation, so the requirements of the contracts can not be met. KSP itself does not show new contracts when you don't have acces to the needed parts, thats why the contracts didn't show. 

kerbalism1.jpg

These 2 requirements should be checked with this probe. And yes, I made sure it's a new vessel (Without Kerbalism they are checked). Am I the only one having this problem?

I have an idea to run by you, @ShotgunNinja,  the battery icon in the tab,  would it be possible to allow that to reflect remaining battery life?  I seem to always expect a full battery when I see it currently.  OR possibly change the icon to a lightning bolt symbol?  That way it's not misleading.  

It's not a big deal and I'm sure I can get used to what is currently working.  Just a suggestion.  I love this mod btw very well done!  

Also I see you are always very prompt to reply to everyone so my question to you is..  Do you ever sleep? :D

I know it was discussed many times, but @ShotgunNinja still don't say final answer. Are there any chance to include in some time RT2 functions like delays and remote computer for more realism..and your mod is very realistic. Or make cooperation between this mod and other LifeSupport mods? I'm really sorry for this post, but ShotgunNinja say just it isn'T compatible and not if it will be compatible in future...

Spoiler

What wrote ShotgunNinja: Also, this mod overlap with RT, other life supports, etc. It doesn't mean its not compatible. It means it doesn't make sense to use both together.

Ave!

Toonu

Edited by Toonu

Updated to version 0.9.9.3

- technologies can be customized
- radiation influence malfunctions
- support for NearFutureSolar
- moved all parts to utility menu
- no more oxygen warnings at prelaunch
- tweaked some EnergyTweaks values
- fix: problem with EVA monoprop
- fix: planner doesn't cover staging icons anymore
- fix: monitor was visible in main menu
- fix: monitor tooltip problems with scrubber
- fix: problem with negative part
- fix: bug in malfunction penality

To customize technologies create a MM patch, example:

@ManufacturingQuality
{
  @tech0 = engineering
  @tech1 = miniaturization
}

@ScrubberEfficiency
{
  @tech1 = advElectrics
}

@SignalProcessing
{
  @tech0 = start
  @tech1 = start
  @tech2 = start
}

I thought about a couple more parts that could malfunction:

• RCS thrusters -> Use twice as much RCS fuel
  • Science lab -> Reduce research rate by half
  • Lamps -> Brightness reduced by half
  • Radiators: Cooling rate reduced by half
  • Batteries -> Reduce capacity by half

this quick and dirty ModuleManager config will convert all standard antennas to Kerbalism antennas with range "extreme" and vaguely reasonable transmission values.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = Antenna
		// assuming vanilla for now
		scope = extreme 
		min_transmission_cost = #$../MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/packetSize$
		max_transmission_cost = #$../MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/packetResourceCost$
		relay_cost = 1
		@relay_cost -= #$../MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/packetInterval$
		// pick a number, any number
		@relay_cost /= 10 	
	}
	!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}
}

3 hours ago, Zutt said:

Alright. I did what you asked. Without the mod I have no problems. My theory: The game doesn't recognize the antennas OR the power generation, so the requirements of the contracts can not be met. KSP itself does not show new contracts when you don't have acces to the needed parts, thats why the contracts didn't show. 

kerbalism1.jpg

These 2 requirements should be checked with this probe. And yes, I made sure it's a new vessel (Without Kerbalism they are checked). Am I the only one having this problem?

KSP's definition of an antenna for career contract purposes is "thing with ModuleDataTransmitter". unfortunately, Kerbalism renames ModuleDataTransmitter to Antenna, so the contract system no longer considers the part to be an antenna. Luckily, there is a way to extend the game's definition: Squad already supports a few common alternative Antenna nodes (for instance, RemoteTech) in its Contracts.cfg:

Contracts // Below you will find many career mode options, and most are commented
{
	MODULE_DEFINITIONS // Modules that contracts consider for certain things
	{
		Antenna = ModuleDataTransmitter // Part module considered to be an antenna by career
		Antenna = ModuleLimitedDataTransmitter // Part module considered to be an antenna by career
		Antenna = ModuleRTDataTransmitter // Part module considered to be an antenna by career
		Antenna = ModuleRTAntenna // Part module considered to be an antenna by career
	}
}

Kerbalism can add its own Antenna module to the list in Squad\Contracts\Contracts.cfg using ModuleManager.

@Contracts
{
	@MODULE_DEFINITIONS
	{
		Antenna = Antenna // sic
    }
}

Edited by speedwaystar

If im able to use only the radiation, malfunction & live quality functions of this mod, i wld be done with modding my ksp to highest standard.

But im looking forward, someday this mod works with the other ones. I hope.

€: or this mod can someday provide much more than or equal other juans.

Edited by Krobinson

Greetings!

I have a problem - when my kerbal go to EVA and then back - Kerbalism mod is crushed and duplicate kerbals. I have two Jebedians instead of one! )) Game partially crashed too and need to be restarted :(

Its soooooo bad :(

4WSNKnQ.jpg

PSe7cwY.jpg

Edited by -Medved-

7 hours ago, Zutt said:

kerbalism1.jpg

further to my earlier post, a probe which "can generate power" must have one or more of the following modules by definition:

Power = ModuleGenerator // Part module considered to be a power generator by career
Power = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel // Part module considered to be a power generator by career
Power = FNGenerator // Part module considered to be a power generator by career
Power = FNAntimatterReactor // Part module considered to be a power generator by career
Power = FNNuclearReactor // Part module considered to be a power generator by career
Power = FNFusionReactor // Part module considered to be a power generator by career
Power = KolonyConverter // Part module considered to be a power generator by career
Power = FissionGenerator // Part module considered to be a power generator by career
Power = ModuleCurvedSolarPanel // Part module considered to be a power generator by career

afaiks Kerbalism doesn't modify these modules nor does it add its own so, provided you have an RTG or a solar panel of some kind, you should be good to go. or a Fusion Reactor! :D

Edited by speedwaystar

Hi, I was writing to MKS/USI LS topics and they answered this.....so @ShotgunNinja, can you in future make pull request to make USI greenhouses compatible with your mod?

19 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

What @goldenpsp said.  Happy to support other stuff, but since it's a mod I don't use, it's best if someone (either the author or another player) submit the pull request for the required mm configs, and I'll be happy to imclude it.

25 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Toonu you are misunderstanding what a pull request is. Basically Roverdude is not going to write anything for kerbalism support but if someone else writes it and submits it for inclusion (that is a pull request) Roverdude will include it. 

Thanks! Ave!

Toonu

Edited by Toonu

Wow, what an entry! I've been a die-hard RT/TAC man and the idea of dropping those initially didn't sit well with me, but your integration of so many systems together with all the new things you've done is worth overhauling my modlist to fit this.

On 4/18/2016 at 3:10 AM, ShotgunNinja said:

@Sigma88 Unfortunately this mod assume there is only one star, and that the star has index zero in the FlightGlobal.bodies array. I didn't even knew there were mods that added new stars!

One thing I absolutely would love is support for multiple star systems, like Galactic Neighborhood. I have an idea for how you could possibly support those. Because stars are often much larger than planets and much hotter, you could run checks for each body on their radius and temp and if they passed both thresholds, consider that a star. Since scales differ between RSS, stock, etc, make those settings available to the user so they can change the thresholds if Jupiter accidentally pulled a 2001. Alternatively, allow users to name which bodies will be considered stars and then MM patches could accompany planet/system packs and ensure compatibility.

I'm also curiou: what do you plan to do when SQUAD gets their telemetry/comms system integrated into stock?