•   - fix: greenhouse module do not assume there is a shutter anymore
  •   - fix: monitor tooltip, this time for real
  •   - fix: antennas should work with contracts now
  •   - fix: issue with EVA prop getting created out of thin air
  •   - fix: curved solar panels weren't working
  •   - fix: kerbals don't stop eating anymore

The gravity ring habitat from mehka!

gravity_ring.png

The food containers by Nazari1382 and tygoo7!

food_containers.png

The vessel info window:

vessel_info.gif

ConnectedLivingSpace support:

Quality of Life and Radiation mechanics apply to individual internal spaces if ConnectedLivingSpace is installed, else the whole vessel is assumed to be a single internal space.

This is fantastic, dude. Keep it up.

@ShotgunNinja fantastic and well-balanced mod. What you've done with retrievable/transmittable science and subtle things like where science can be acquired is excellent. And if I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about compatibility across every other mod until you're happy with the way yours works on its own.

I just finished my first Mun landing and don't find the LS needs to be alarmingly massive or hard to deal with. This is a clean LS implementation as is; doesn't need to be more complex. 

Excellent KSP overhaul! :cool:

Dish antenna and Big Oxygen Tank are in the control category is this intended?

Nice to have new parts, but the small food container are redundant imho.

Also can I suggest a list of broken components? It is a pain to right click every part to see wich need repairs, 

Thanks for your work!

Edited by brusura

I browsed through the parts list and discovered those (it's from KAS):

7qQX1z9.png

Now, I'm not very good at writing the module manager patches, but since I have them anyway, can anyone help me to write a patch that will add some entertainment to the crew?

I found a conflict with KIS , when you go on EVA you can put on/off helmet with J , with Kerbalism installed it always stay off ( just flickering for a moment when pressing J )

Edited by brusura

3 minutes ago, brusura said:

I found a conflict with KIS , when you go on EVA you can put on/off helmet with J , with Kerbalism installed it always stay off ( just flickering for a moment when pressing J )

Is that from Kerbalism? How did you figure it out? I have the same issue, but I've got tons of mods, so I can't narrow down easily.

13 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Is that from Kerbalism? How did you figure it out? I have the same issue, but I've got tons of mods, so I can't narrow down easily.

I installed only Kerbalism and as I go on EVA on kerbin the helmet is automatically removed

10 minutes ago, brusura said:

I installed only Kerbalism and as I go on EVA on kerbin the helmet is automatically removed

That's weird.

I have KIS and Texture Replacer (which also takes off the helmet on Kerbin). Except I have the opposite problem- I can't take it off. It also flickers when I try to take it off, but it just gets put back on right after. Let me see what happens when I change the Texture Replacer option.

Edited by Box of Stardust

Is there a way to disable the warnings for some ships that are still useful once in a while and not pure debris? I have a bunch of dieing satellites giving warnings every now and then and I can't time warp forward properly between warnings :D

1 minute ago, Demon_82 said:

Is there a way to disable the warnings for some ships that are still useful once in a while and not pure debris? I have a bunch of dieing satellites giving warnings every now and then and I can't time warp forward properly between warnings :D

Yeah, the status panel on the side, when you click on a vessel, will display notification options. 

10 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Yeah, the status panel on the side, when you click on a vessel, will display notification options. 

Thanks, I had just thought of that as I wrote this, after a couple of struggle days... my job is killing my brain cells xD

@ShotgunNinja If you would like to cut the capacity of NFElectrical capacitors in half, as mentioned in my last post, the amended patch would look like this:

// ============================================================================
// Tweak everything from NearFutureElectrical
// courtesy of Fraz86
// ============================================================================

// Fission reactors cut to 25% power generation
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[FissionGenerator]]:AFTER[NearFutureElectrical]:NEEDS[NearFutureElectrical]
{
	@MODULE[FissionGenerator]
	{
		@PowerGeneration *= 0.25
	}
}

// Nuclear waste recyclers cut to 25% power requirements
@PART[nuclear-recycler-*]:AFTER[NearFutureElectrical]:NEEDS[NearFutureElectrical]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter],0
	{
		@INPUT_RESOURCE[#ResourceName[ElectricCharge]]
		{
			@rate *= 0.25
		}
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter],1
	{
		{
			@rate *= 0.25
		}
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter],2
	{
		{
			@rate *= 0.25
		}
	}
}

// RTG output tweak applied to Nertea's custom decay module
@PART[rtg]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleRadioisotopeGenerator]]:AFTER[NearFutureElectrical]:NEEDS[NearFutureElectrical]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRadioisotopeGenerator]
	{
		@BasePower = 0.32
	}
}

// Tweaks for Nertea's larger RTG, placing its EC/mass ratio above the stock RTG but below solar panels, with a corresponding cost adjustment
@PART[rtg-0625]:AFTER[NearFutureElectrical]:NEEDS[NearFutureElectrical]
{
	@cost = 69900  //3x PB-NUK
	@MODULE[ModuleGenerator]
	{
		@OUTPUT_RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
		{
			@rate = 0.8  //2.5x PB-NUK
		}
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleRadioisotopeGenerator]
	{
		@BasePower = 0.8  //2.5x PB-NUK
	}
}

// Capacitor charge/discharge rates cut to 25%, and capacity cut to 50%
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[DischargeCapacitor]]:AFTER[NearFutureElectrical]:NEEDS[NearFutureElectrical]
{
	@MODULE[DischargeCapacitor]
	{
		@ChargeRate *= 0.25
		@DischargeRate *= 0.25
		@MaximumCharge *= 0.5
	}
	@RESOURCE[StoredCharge]
	{
		@amount *= 0.5
		@maxAmount *= 0.5
	}
}

@ShotgunNinja One more NearFuture compatibility issue: Kerbalism does not recognize NFE's FissionGenerator or ModuleRadioisotopeGenerator as sources of electrical power. As such, when simulated in the background, any craft dependent on either of these modules will run out of power and the crew will die. ModuleRadioisotopeGenerator is hopefully an easy fix, as it's just a custom RTG module whose power output decays gradually over the course of years. FissionGenerator might be more difficult, as it relies on interaction with another custom module (FissionReactor) and complex heat mechanics.

43 minutes ago, Aristaeus said:

How difficult would it be to have a thread managing background vessels and keeping track of all their thermal, other resources, etc?

There is a mod that already handled background processing of Electric Charge including solar panels, as well as allowing mod writers to use it for their own background processing needs.  Although the title says KSP 1.0.2, I know @FlowerChild was using it to handle background processing in the latest Better Than Starting Manned for KSP 1.0.4 for charge and BTSM life support.

Apparently @jamespicone hasn't been on the forums since February, but there's a couple of other modders discussing forking and carrying on the mod in the latest entries in the topic.

Just now, Jacke said:

There is a mod that already handled background processing of Electric Charge including solar panels, as well as allowing mod writers to use it for their own background processing needs.  Although the title says KSP 1.0.2, I know @FlowerChild was using it to handle background processing in the latest Better Than Starting Manned for KSP 1.0.4 for charge and BTSM life support.

Apparently @jamespicone hasn't been on the forums since February, but there's a couple of other modders discussing forking and carrying on the mod in the latest entries in the topic.

Yeah, the main one was ShotgunNinja, and his refined version is the backbone of Kerbalism. The problem is that there's a lot of factors it doesn't include, such as the thermal properties of a ship, as heat actually affects the efficiency of converters.

12 hours ago, cicatrix said:

I browsed through the parts list and discovered those (it's from KAS):

7qQX1z9.png

Now, I'm not very good at writing the module manager patches, but since I have them anyway, can anyone help me to write a patch that will add some entertainment to the crew?

i'm pretty noob at MM, but try this (i can't test it for the moment), it's a derived from "Lude's habtech cupola" cfg:

@PART[KIS_basketball,KIS_beer,KIS_ghettoblaster,KIS_golfclub,KIS_guitar,KIS_taco]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = Entertainment
    description = Life is fun, even after a crash.
    rate = 0.25
  }
}

it probably better to do each part individually for adjusting rate and custom description.
also i think he need the ":NEED[KIS]:AFTER[KIS]" or something like this to be more accurate, pro probably correct me :)

Edited by Vlyan