[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

8 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@The-Doctor In future I may interface with RT, and take link status from it. And block its signal during storms if I can hack that together. Colored link lines are on the todo list, but not in next version I'm afraid.

If you could do this, it would be great.  Kerbalism's calculation of communication range is much more in-depth than RT's thanks to the influence of space weather, but the deficiencies of the signal system (the absence of an autopilot, connection lines, and for some, signal delay and directional antennas) makes it preferable to use RT.  Your adaptability to allow other mods to work with Kerbalism is already remarkable, and this would go above and beyond.  

Dont know if this got said yet, only looked back a couple pages, but when updating on CKAN I had no default cfg profile after the update. Took me a few minutes to figure out why I was only geting the background simulation, but I just went on github and plopped the default cfg in from that download. 

On 5/10/2016 at 7:00 PM, ShotgunNinja said:

@Barrin That is good, and I like the water messages! I'm also glad my back-of-the-envelop food/oxygen rates aren't too far off from real figures this time... :blush: 

Heh, thanks. I tried to come up with something that felt suitably 'kerbalish' for the low water messages. Glad it worked out.

Also, if anyone using the settings I posted (the current experimental 'realistic' profile) would like to enable compatibility with most of the Universal Storage life support parts, here's how you can go about it:

Paste the following into a text file, save it as a .cfg file, and drop it somewhere in your Kerbalism folder. Module Manager will do the rest.

// ============================================================================
// Unlock Universal Storage parts by spoofing TacLifeSupport settings

@Settings:FOR[TacLifeSupport] {} 

// Tweak some Universal Storage part settings

@PART[US_Radial_R40_Food]
{
  @RESOURCE[Food]
  {
    @amount = 6
    @maxAmount = 6
  }
}

@PART[US_1R320_Wedge_Food]
{
  @description = Packed to the brim with compressed food-like-items; this supply canister provides everything an indulgent Kerbalnaut would ever need in a lightweight, semi-edible package. Note: packaging is not edible. Food-like-items may or may not provide actual nutritional value. 
  @title = Universal Storage: Food Storage Canister
  @RESOURCE[Food]
  {
    @amount = 36
    @maxAmount = 36
  }
}
Edited by Barrin
Info out of date, updated.

One more tweak for anyone that decides to use the CRP resource rules config I posted earlier, and needs a way to filter waste water on longer missions, but doesn't want to fool with Universal Storage compatibility. Replace the scrubbers section of the rules config with the following to add a water filtration module to all command pods:

// Add scrubbers/water filtration to command pods

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],#CrewCapacity[>0]]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = Scrubber

// change scrubbed resource
    resource_name = Oxygen

// change waste name
    waste_name = CarbonDioxide

// change ec/s per-crew
    ec_rate = 0.01
    @ec_rate *= #$/CrewCapacity$

// change waste/s per-crew
    co2_rate = 0.03
    @co2_rate *= #$/CrewCapacity$
  }

MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleResourceConverter
    ConverterName = Water Filtration System
    StartActionName = Start Water Filtration
    StopActionName = Stop Water Filtration
    FillAmount = 1
    AutoShutdown = true
    UseSpecializationBonus = false
    INPUT_RESOURCE
    {
      ResourceName = ElectricCharge
      Ratio = 10
      FlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
    }
    INPUT_RESOURCE
    {
      ResourceName = WasteWater
      Ratio = 0.1
    }
    OUTPUT_RESOURCE
    {
      ResourceName = Water
      Ratio = 0.1
      DumpExcess = false
    }
  }
}

If you decide to use this tweak and enable the universal storage parts, then you probably also want to increase the efficiency of the US Water Reclamation System and decrease the efficiency of the command pod water filtration system, otherwise the latter will be a bit too useful in comparison to the former.

Edited by Barrin

Does anyone know of a MM patch that converts the excellent Kerbalism antenna to function in RT? I thought (my misunderstanding) that the latest update would do that...  and RT's antenna are great, but more limited in choice... I wouldn't mind including some of them in my coms network/sats 

Does anyone know of a MM patch that converts the excellent Kerbalism antenna to function in RT? I thought (my misunderstanding!) that the latest update would do that...  

Hi. I have a bit of a weird request. I've been making my own gravity rings in KSP and, I'm sorry to say, the one that comes in this mod just doesn't really hold a candle to the ones I make. Would it be possible for me to remove that one part from the mod?

I also think it might be possible to at least simulate the same values from that part to custom gravity rings. If they work, hand made gravity rings generate actual gravity that is detectable using Double-C Seismic Accelerometer. Maybe you could create a function that ties detected gravity to an entertainment value per-part? It would require some testing, but it seems like something that could be done.
The function could be disabled when you are landed on a planet, or simply lose its effect over a long time (feeling the gravity of another planet for the first time could be exciting, but like everything Kerbals will get used to it).

Edited by Tricky14

5 hours ago, SteveD80 said:

@ShotgunNinja This looks like an awesome mod, and I want to start using it now but I have a few concerns.

What will happen to my existing stations and ships in regards to shielding and life support?

What will happen to the rescue missions that I currently have?

If you have probes without an antennae you'll not be able to control them and if you have Kerbals around the system, take them back home first.

Oh yeah, the bug's not just on that spam error - food consumption did not work, but oxygen do work

Radiation seemed to be non-functional either as none of my kerbals die after 2 years in a radiation belt with no shielding... at all. Is this normal?

2 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

If you have probes without an antennae you'll not be able to control them and if you have Kerbals around the system, take them back home first.

Kerbalism move some of the experiment on the tech tree, so they're late on the tree. Check it.

@ShotgunNinja basically turns the LS system to mimic what TAC used to do resources/rates etc - I haven't explored the possibility of parts as I use the universal storage mod with a MM patch to override its TAC switch within the parts in that mod...

I am not sure if I have duplicate MM patch that is doing it, but my pods are getting two scrubbers? is it me or anybody else seeing this? Whilst on the subject of the scrubbers...surely they scrub out the CO2? why when they are off does the oxygen usage increase?

thanks 

casper

Edited by casper88

3 hours ago, serviskomputer said:

hello, I have ksp 1.1.2 and use latest version of kerbalism, but when i play game, i cant use sc-9001 science jr, it isnt in VAB. Do you now why?

Are you starting a new career? Some of the science nodes are switched around; the materials bay comes later now, switching places with the barometer. Likewise with the mystery goo and the thermometer. 

37 minutes ago, casper88 said:

@ShotgunNinja basically turns the LS system to mimic what TAC used to do resources/rates etc - I haven't explored the possibility of parts as I use the universal storage mod with a MM patch to override its TAC switch within the parts in that mod...

I am not sure if I have duplicate MM patch that is doing it, but my pods are getting two scrubbers? is it me or anybody else seeing this? Whilst on the subject of the scrubbers...surely they scrub out the CO2? why when they are off does the oxygen usage increase?

thanks 

casper

also...not sure why the rate of oxygen use shows an incorrect consumed rate in the VAB...

its shows storage 111.04

consumed at 0.02/s

in the config....

rate = 0.001713537562385 // units / interval
  interval = 1 // in seconds

to me this is out by a factor 10 in game...unless ive missed something small?

ignore all that... had two configs conflicting each other :/

cheers

Edited by casper88

@Joe12473 I just checked and all the profiles are in the zip file CKAN download. I don't know what may cause that issue.

@Alkem That little antenna is just a poorly retextured communotron-16! If you dig this thread somebody posted a RT config for it.

@mmgfrcs That's not normal, using the default profile you should die after a few hours/days in a radiation belt.

@Tricky14 That is a very cool ring! Taking the acceleration would make sense, but there is no way to implement that coherently between loaded or unloaded vessels. About the slowdown: this mod simulate a lot of stuff in background, and the UI does quite a good amount of GUILayout calls. I never found that to be noticeable however. When this stabilize I'm going to do an optimization pass on everything.

@casper88 I never show the oxygen used, and neither the stock resource bars does. What is shown is the rate of change of the Oxygen amount in the vessel. When you enable the scrubber that rate of change is reduced. Scrubbers reclaim some of the Oxygen from breathed air.

@Barrin Yes, I forgot you can just use converters to implement recyclers. In your tests, do you think an ad-hoc Recycler module is unnecessary then?

Edited by ShotgunNinja

It went away after a reload actually. I guess this one build up during about 30 minutes of early carreer play.

If so, then it could also be Chatterer.  I installed that yesterday, but hadn't played enough of it yet.

Edited by Tricky14

13 hours ago, Charlie_Zulu said:

If you could do this, it would be great.  Kerbalism's calculation of communication range is much more in-depth than RT's thanks to the influence of space weather, but the deficiencies of the signal system (the absence of an autopilot, connection lines, and for some, signal delay and directional antennas) makes it preferable to use RT.  Your adaptability to allow other mods to work with Kerbalism is already remarkable, and this would go above and beyond.  

I'd actually be quite happy if a signal delay from the nearest kerbal command module or KSC alone could be added to Kerbalism. Signal delay is the only thing I really use RT for. If Kerbalism had it, I think I'd kick RT off the mod list.

1 hour ago, ShotgunNinja said:

Yes, I forgot you can just use converters to implement recyclers. In your tests, do you think an ad-hoc Recycler module is unnecessary then?

Yeah, kind of. Personally, I'd prefer it if as much as possible was handled with ModuleManager configs, so that it's easier to tweak settings and behaviors and whatnot. Parts that need some special behavior to implement (like the interaction between scrubbers and being in-atmosphere) are an obvious exception, of course.

Edited by Barrin

1 hour ago, ShotgunNinja said:

Little spoiler on next version:

geiger_counter.gif

Currently no time to follow the progress closeley but I like the little snippets, I see here and there. Keep up the good work. It seems the next version is going to be epic :D 

Edited by DasBananenbrot

@RattiRatto, @Toonu Yep :) That was one of my wildest dreams too ah!

@Barrin I've found an use case for a Recycler module: enabling/disabling it in the editor (with planner EC estimates taking its on/off state in consideration). I'm going to include your profile in 0.9.9.7, when I add that. I want to make recyclers first-class citizens first, so to speak. The only change I'm going to make is to lower the EC consumption of the water filter, and maybe the conversion rates too.

I'm going to include a TAC emulation profile too, in 0.9.9.7. I'm starting from the work @Rhedd did a few days/pages ago.

For references, these are the two profiles as of now if anybody want to give some feedback or contribute some changes before 0.9.9.7 hit:

Realism profile:

Spoiler

// This profile is geared toward more realism oriented players.
// In comparison to the default profile, this one add water, has more realistic
// consumption rates, is mass-conserving and provide a water recycler in pods.
// Special thanks to Barrin

// ENABLE FEATURES

// comment out to disable the signal mechanic
// disabled automatically if RemoteTech or AntennaRange are detected
@Settings:FOR[EnableSignal] {}

// comment out to disable malfunctions
// disabled automatically if DangIt is detected
@Settings:FOR[EnableMalfunction] {}

// comment out to remove scrubbers from the game
@Settings:FOR[EnableScrubber] {}

// comment out to remove shielding from the game
@Settings:FOR[EnableShielding] {}

// RULES

// CLIMATE
Rule
{
  name = Climate
  resource_name = ElectricCharge
  rate = 0.0001242236 // 0.02 per-second at average temp diff in LKO
  degeneration = 0.00000345 // 30min
  on_eva = 20.0 // 16min
  on_resque = 250.0
  modifier = temperature

warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL feels cold|$ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is sweating
  danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is freezing to death|$ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is burning alive
  fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL froze to death|$ON_VESSEL$KERBAL was burned alive
  relax_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL hypothermia is under control|$ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is hugging the climatizer

low_message = $VESSEL batteries are almost empty$NEWLINE<i>We are squeezing the last bit of juice</i>|$VESSEL batteries are almost empty$NEWLINE<i>Shutting down non-essential systems</i>
  empty_message = There is no more ElectricCharge on $VESSEL$NEWLINE<i>Life support systems are off</i>|There is no more ElectricCharge on $VESSEL$NEWLINE<i>We lost control</i>
  refill_message = $VESSEL batteries recharged$NEWLINE<i>The crew is allowed music again</i>|$VESSEL batteries recharged$NEWLINE<i>Systems are back online</i>
}

// FOOD
Rule
{
  name = Food
  resource_name = Food
  waste_name = Waste
  waste_ratio = 0.36498207977208
  rate = 1.5 // 6 per-day
  interval = 5400.0 // four meals a day
  degeneration = 0.03125 // 32 meals, 8 days
  on_pod = 60.0
  on_eva = 0.0
  on_resque = 6.0

warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is hungry
  danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is starving
  fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL starved to death
  relax_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL has got a mouthful of snacks now

low_message = Food reserves are getting low on $VESSEL$NEWLINE<i>Anything edible is being scrutinized</i>
  empty_message = There is no more food on $VESSEL$NEWLINE<i>The crew prepare for the inevitable</i>
  refill_message = $VESSEL food reserves restored$NEWLINE<i>Double snack rations for everybody</i>
}

// WATER
Rule
{
  name = Water
  resource_name = Water
  waste_name = WasteWater
  rate = 0.75 // 3 liters per-day
  interval = 5400.0 // 4 drinks per day
  degeneration = 0.0625 // 16 drinks, 4 days
  on_pod = 30.0
  on_eva = 0.0
  on_resque = 3.0

warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is thirsty
  danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is very dehydrated
  fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL died from dehydration
  relax_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL has access to water again

low_message = Water reserves are getting low on $VESSEL$NEWLINE<i>The crew wants to know if LOx is potable</i>
  empty_message = There is no more water on $VESSEL$NEWLINE<i>The crew prepare for the inevitable</i>
  refill_message = $VESSEL water reserves have been refilled$NEWLINE<i>Drinks all around</i>
}

// OXYGEN
Rule
{
  name = Oxygen
  resource_name = Oxygen
  waste_ratio = 0.75
  rate = 0.025 // 540 liters of Oxygen consumed per-day
  degeneration = 0.002083333 // 8 minutes
  on_pod = 1620.0
  on_eva = 90.0 // One hour of oxygen
  on_resque = 540.0 // One day of oxygen
  modifier = breathable

warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL can't breathe
  danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is suffocating
  fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL suffocated to death
  relax_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is breathing again

low_message = Oxygen reserves are dangerously low on $VESSEL$NEWLINE<i>There is mild panic among the crew</i>
  empty_message = There is no more oxygen on $VESSEL$NEWLINE<i>Everybody stop breathing</i>
  refill_message = $VESSEL oxygen reserves restored$NEWLINE<i>The crew is taking a breather</i>
}

// QUALITY OF LIFE
Rule
{
  name = Stress
  degeneration = 0.00000086805 // 60 days
  variance = 0.33 // add per-kerbal variance
  modifier = qol
  breakdown = true // trigger breakdown event instead of death

warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is losing $HIS_HER mind$NEWLINE<i>Concentration is becoming a problem</i>
  danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is about to breakdown$NEWLINE<i>Starting to hear voices</i>
  // no fatal_message because breakdown message is generated automatically
  // no relax_message because there is no recovery from stress
}

// RADIATION POISONING
Rule
{
  name = Radiation
  degeneration = 1.0 // just use the modifier
  modifier = radiation

warning_threshold = 15.0 // in rad
  danger_threshold = 22.5 // in rad
  fatal_threshold = 30.0 // in rad

warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL has been exposed to intense radiation
  danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is reporting symptoms of radiation poisoning
  fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL died after being exposed to extreme radiation
  // no relax_message because there is no recovery from radiation
}

// Customize resource containers

@PART[kerbalism-food-*]
{
  @RESOURCE[Food]
  {
    @name = Food
    @amount *= 0.6
    @maxAmount *= 0.6
  }
}

@PART[kerbalism-oxygen-*|RadialOxygenBig]
{
  @RESOURCE[Oxygen]
  {
    @name = Oxygen
    @amount *= 0.54
    @maxAmount *= 0.54
  }
}

// Add scrubbers and water recyclers to command pods

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],#CrewCapacity[>0]]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = Scrubber

// change scrubbed resource
    resource_name = Oxygen

// change waste name

// change ec/s per-crew
    ec_rate = 0.01
    @ec_rate *= #$/CrewCapacity$

// change waste/s per-crew
    co2_rate = 0.03
    @co2_rate *= #$/CrewCapacity$
  }

// NOTE: this is temporary, it will be replaced by an ad-hoc Recycler module
  MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleResourceConverter
    ConverterName = Water Filtration System
    StartActionName = Start Water Filtration
    StopActionName = Stop Water Filtration
    FillAmount = 1
    AutoShutdown = true
    UseSpecializationBonus = false
    INPUT_RESOURCE
    {
      ResourceName = ElectricCharge
      Ratio = 0.05
    }
    INPUT_RESOURCE
    {
      ResourceName = WasteWater
      Ratio = 0.00023148 // recycle 5 liters per-day
    }
    OUTPUT_RESOURCE
    {
      ResourceName = Water
      Ratio = 0.00023148 // recycle 5 liters per-day
      DumpExcess = false
    }
  }
}

// Customize greenhouse

@PART[Greenhouse]
{
  @MODULE[Greenhouse]
  {
    // change food resource
    @resource_name = Food

// change waste resource
    @waste_name = Waste

// change ec rate for the lamps
    @ec_rate = 0.5

// change waste rate
    @waste_rate = 0.0003041517331434 // waste/s for crew of 3

// change harvest size
    @harvest_size = 5400.0 // food consumed for 3 crew over 300 days at 6 food per day == 5400 food

// change growth rate
    @growth_rate = 0.00000015432 // 300 days
  }
}

// Explicitly set hidden waste resource capacity in pods

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0]]
{
  %RESOURCE[Waste] 
  { 
    %isTweakable = false
    %isVisible = false
    %maxAmount = 20.0 
    @maxAmount *= #$/CrewCapacity$
  }

%RESOURCE[WasteWater] 
  { 
    %isTweakable = false
    %isVisible = false
    %maxAmount = 30.0 
  }

%RESOURCE[CarbonDioxide] 
  { 
    %isTweakable = false
    %isVisible = false
    %maxAmount = 1215.0 
  }
}

TAC-LS emulation profile:

Spoiler

// This profile emulate the life-support aspect of TAC-LS, while keeping the
// climate, quality-of-life and radiation of Kerbalism. You will need some
// Water containers, as there are none included in Kerbalism.
// Special thanks to Rhedd

// ENABLE FEATURES

// comment out to disable the signal mechanic
// disabled automatically if RemoteTech or AntennaRange are detected
@Settings:FOR[EnableSignal] {}

// comment out to disable malfunctions
// disabled automatically if DangIt is detected
@Settings:FOR[EnableMalfunction] {}

// comment out to remove scrubbers from the game
@Settings:FOR[EnableScrubber] {}

// comment out to remove shielding from the game
@Settings:FOR[EnableShielding] {}

// RULES

// CLIMATE
Rule
{
  name = Climate
  resource_name = ElectricCharge
  rate = 0.0001242236 // 0.02 per-second at average temp diff in LKO
  degeneration = 0.00000345 // 30min
  on_eva = 20.0 // 16min
  on_resque = 250.0
  modifier = temperature

warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL feels cold|$ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is sweating
  danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is freezing to death|$ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is burning alive
  fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL froze to death|$ON_VESSEL$KERBAL was burned alive
  relax_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL hypothermia is under control|$ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is hugging the climatizer

low_message = $VESSEL batteries are almost empty$NEWLINE<i>We are squeezing the last bit of juice</i>|$VESSEL batteries are almost empty$NEWLINE<i>Shutting down non-essential systems</i>
  empty_message = There is no more ElectricCharge on $VESSEL$NEWLINE<i>Life support systems are off</i>|There is no more ElectricCharge on $VESSEL$NEWLINE<i>We lost control</i>
  refill_message = $VESSEL batteries recharged$NEWLINE<i>The crew is allowed music again</i>|$VESSEL batteries recharged$NEWLINE<i>Systems are back online</i>
}

// OXYGEN
Rule
{
  name = Oxygen
  resource_name = Oxygen
  rate = 0.001713537562
  waste_ratio = 0.864  
  degeneration = 0.002083333 // about 8 minutes
  on_pod = 112
  on_eva = 3.08 // about 30min
  on_resque = 6.0
  modifier = breathable

warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL can't breathe
  danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is suffocating
  fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL suffocated
  relax_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is gasping but alive

low_message = Oxygen reserves are dangerously low on $VESSEL$NEWLINE<i>There is mild panic among the crew</i>
  empty_message = There is no more oxygen on $VESSEL$NEWLINE<i>The crew is quickly turning blue</i>
  refill_message = $VESSEL oxygen reserves restored$NEWLINE<i>The crew hopes that doesn't happen again</i>
}

// FOOD
Rule
{
  name = Food
  resource_name = Food
  rate = 0.1828125
  interval = 10800.0 // eat twice per day
  waste_name = Waste
  waste_ratio = 0.0909
  degeneration = 0.016666666 // 30 days - Accrues each time a meal is missed, so = 1/intervals per day/days
  on_pod = 1.097
  on_resque = 0.365

warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is hungry
  danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is starving
  fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL starved to death
  relax_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is trying not to eat everything at once

low_message = Food reserves are getting low on $VESSEL$NEWLINE<i>Anything edible is being scrutinized</i>
  empty_message = There is no more food on $VESSEL$NEWLINE<i>The crew prepare for the inevitable</i>
  refill_message = $VESSEL food reserves restored$NEWLINE<i>It's like Thanksgiving... only freeze-dried</i>
}

// WATER
Rule
{
  name = Water
  resource_name = Water
  rate = 0.060415625
  interval = 5400.0 // use water 4 times per day
  waste_name = WasteWater
  waste_ratio = 1.0
  degeneration = 0.08333333 // 3 days - Accrues each time an interval is missed, so = 1/intervals per day/days
  on_pod = 0.7249875
  on_resque = 0.24

warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is thirsty
  danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is dehydrated
  fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL died of dehydration
  relax_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL thinks it's time for a bath

low_message = Water supplies are getting low on $VESSEL$NEWLINE<i>Bathing has been reduced</i>
  empty_message = There is no more water on $VESSEL$NEWLINE<i>The crew contemplates a painful end</i>
  refill_message = $VESSEL has been resupplied with water $NEWLINE<i>Personal hygene thanks you</i>
}

// QUALITY OF LIFE
Rule
{
  name = Stress
  degeneration = 0.00000086805 // 60 days
  variance = 0.33 // add per-kerbal variance
  modifier = qol
  breakdown = true // trigger breakdown event instead of death

warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is losing $HIS_HER mind$NEWLINE<i>Concentration is becoming a problem</i>
  danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is about to breakdown$NEWLINE<i>Starting to hear voices</i>
  // no fatal_message because breakdown message is generated automatically
  // no relax_message because there is no recovery from stress
}

// RADIATION POISONING
Rule
{
  name = Radiation
  degeneration = 1.0 // just use the modifier
  modifier = radiation

warning_threshold = 15.0 // in rad
  danger_threshold = 22.5 // in rad
  fatal_threshold = 30.0 // in rad

warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL has been exposed to intense radiation
  danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is reporting symptoms of radiation poisoning
  fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL died after being exposed to extreme radiation
  // no relax_message because there is no recovery from radiation
}

// Customize resource containers

@PART[kerbalism-food-*]
{
  @RESOURCE[Food]
  {
    @name = Food
    @amount *= 0.1
    @maxAmount *= 0.1