[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

On 13 May 2016 at 9:11 AM, ShotgunNinja said:

@johnna Absolutely: edit your Default.cfg and look at the start of the file, you'll see how to disable Malfunction, Signal, Scrubbers and Shielding. You only need to comment out a couple lines in there.

Hi, I deleted the Malfunction lines at the start, and while the parts no longer malfunction I still get notified about non existing malfunctions, did I do something wrong?

Loving the mod by the way, It's awesome to have life support, signal and everything in one well designed UI, thank you!

@_Krieger_ Thanks :) The malfunctions will be disabled, but existing vessels will still have the module unfortunately, and will malfunction.

@JeffreyCor Left click on a vessel in the monitor ui (the one you see in flight or at the space center, or in the tracking view). You will see a set of options, click on the 'show link' one to toggle the signal lines on/off. There is also a lot of other stuff there.

9 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Spaceman510 Send me list of mods, copy of the log and even the savegame if you can.

Don't know how to get the log, so here's the save and mod list:

• Better Burn Time
  • Chatterer
  • CRP
  • Corvus
  • Distant Object Enhancement
  • Docking Port Sound Effects
  • Raster Prop Monitor
  • Kerbal Engineer Redux
  • MechJeb
  • Docking Port Alignment Indicator
  • RCS BuildAid (However, I believe it's an old version that doesn't do 1.1.2 and needs to be updated)
  • RCS Sounds
  • RealPlume
  • SCANsat

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bv7rq31rkflv15h/AABMbsYJNl4SR12P11yg9sefa?dl=0

Also, I haven't played in either 0.9.9.7 or .8, but the save has been opened in .7

2 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@_Krieger_ Thanks :) The malfunctions will be disabled, but existing vessels will still have the module unfortunately, and will malfunction.

@JeffreyCor Left click on a vessel in the monitor ui (the one you see in flight or at the space center, or in the tracking view). You will see a set of options, click on the 'show link' one to toggle the signal lines on/off. There is also a lot of other stuff there.

Thanks for the feedback, time to launch my comsat network again.

@Spaceman510 I'll check that savegame. EDIT: Could you please tell me the name of one of the probes in question?

@_Krieger_ You can avoid that, with some savegame editing: open persistent.sfs and search for 'Malfunction' (whole-word, case-sensitive): every entry you will find will look like this:

MODULE
{
  name = Malfunction
  isEnabled = True
  min_lifetime = 432000
  max_lifetime = 43200000
  malfunctions = 0
  age = 0.611999986320734
  lifetime = 18422259.142819
  quality = 1
  // ... more stuff ...
}

Delete all of it, for every entry you find. Make a backup of the savegame first, just in case. If you do this, the malfunctions will stop happening on existing vessels too.

Edited by ShotgunNinja

Is there a way to adjust which warning messages will halt timewarp?

I looked in the config files, but there seemed to be nothing there.

It gets very annoying to fly an interplanetary course when your timewarp keeps getting halted by some old Mun probe complaining about its batteries being low, or a Minmus orbiter periodically losing line of sight to home.

17 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Spaceman510 I'll check that savegame. EDIT: Could you please tell me the name of one of the probes in question?

@_Krieger_ You can avoid that, with some savegame editing: open persistent.sfs and search for 'Malfunction' (whole-word, case-sensitive): every entry you will find will look like this:

MODULE
{
  name = Malfunction
  isEnabled = True
  min_lifetime = 432000
  max_lifetime = 43200000
  malfunctions = 0
  age = 0.611999986320734
  lifetime = 18422259.142819
  quality = 1
  // ... more stuff ...
}

Delete all of it, for every entry you find. Make a backup of the savegame first, just in case. If you do this, the malfunctions will stop happening on existing vessels too.

Just thought of that. The probes in question are the Iapetus/Hyperion ComSats, as well as the probe in polar orbit of Minmus. Thanks!

@Spaceman510 I found the problem. Apparently, somehow, one of your vessel has a ModuleGenerator (ISRU, fuel cell) that isn't in the part prefab... Now the why this is happening baffle me, but I'm going to fix it anyway. The problem happening on the other satellites is just due to them being after the vessel in question in the list of vessels.

You can find some info about storms and more on the wiki. A storm last 1 kerbin day, their frequency depend on the distance from the sun. You can customize these values in the Settings.cfg file (here is some documentation about that). Magnetospheres protect from storm radiation, but storms trigger signal blackouts inside them.

6 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Spaceman510 I found the problem. Apparently, somehow, one of your vessel has a ModuleGenerator (ISRU, fuel cell) that isn't in the part prefab... Now the why this is happening baffle me, but I'm going to fix it anyway. The problem happening on the other satellites is just due to them being after the vessel in question in the list of vessels.

You can find some info about storms and more on the wiki. A storm last 1 kerbin day, their frequency depend on the distance from the sun. You can customize these values in the Settings.cfg file (here is some documentation about that). Magnetospheres protect from storm radiation, but storms trigger signal blackouts inside them.

Thanks! :D 

Such an issue, if it affects crewed vessels, too, would be disastrous (as I'm still taking my baby steps here).

Also, upon thinking about it, what's the vessel in question?

Hey there, I've been experiencing a bug that's becoming very annoying-

Whenever I try to EVA a kerbal, it gets cloned, and I somehow have two of the same kerbals, and the game doesn't seem to even notice it. 

I've done numerous tests, and it seems that their is something in this mod that is causing. I've loaded up the game with just this mod and it's dependencies, and the problem occurs no matter what. But when I take out this mod the problem magically disappears.  I made sure that I downloaded and installed the community resource pack, and module manager. This also seems to happen to me in all versions of this mod, as well as in the newest ones. 

Any help is greatly appreciated 

Yep, that fixed it =D 

All I did was remove Kerbal Krash System, and the problem went away

Honestly, I have no clue as to why the problem was still occurring when the only mod I had was  Kerbalism ( kerbal krash system was not in the GameData folder). Anyways, it at least worked 

Many thanks! 

@ShotgunNinja Well I had to tweak my save file, but that solved the issue.

Tech
        {
            id = engineering101
            state = Available
            cost = 5
            part = GeigerCounter
            part = shortAntenna
            part = sensorBarometer
            part = stackDecoupler
            part = longAntenna               <- I just had to remove this.
        }

I believe this happened because I startet a career with an older version of kerbalism since I couldn't see the issue with a new career.

Seems something died inside Kerbalism 0.9.9.8...

Win7 64bit KSP 112 64bit Kerbalism 0998 CRP 0511 MM 2624

Started with a clean install of KSP and just the mods stated above. On first run with default config, it seemed to work. Nothing crazy unusual. Then cleaned out KSP and enabled the realism config, started new game, and seemingly it all looked ok. Not until I went to the details window. It was blank, with most of the title clipped off the far left side. And that's when the exceptions started flying. Lots of them like this:

[EXC 08:24:06.299] InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, Boolean alwaysShowHorizontal, Boolean alwaysShowVertical, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
    KERBALISM.Info.render (Int32 id)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[EXC 08:24:06.337] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,KERBALISM.vmon_cache].get_Item (System.String key)
    KERBALISM.Info.render_info ()
    KERBALISM.Info.render (Int32 id)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[ERR 08:24:06.341] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

Just to be sure I cleaned KSP out again and enabled the TAC config. None of this happened. Same clean up routine again, re-enabled the realism config and got the same problems mentioned above.

Opps, forgot the other log. Lots of these too.

(Filename:  Line: 405)

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, Boolean alwaysShowHorizontal, Boolean alwaysShowVertical, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KERBALISM.Info.render (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,KERBALISM.vmon_cache].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KERBALISM.Info.render_info () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KERBALISM.Info.render (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

Edited by DarkonZ
Forgot other log...