[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

29 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@DarkonZ, @crapstar Dang, it was a bug from a couple versions ago that went un-noticed until now, it only happen when some rule names are different than the resource name.
I'll release a new version in a few days, for now replace the dll with this one.

Incredibly fast ShotgunNinja, my respect!

When you are looking at the UI @ShotgunNinja , could you take in account the stock UI resize in relation to your monitor window position? Right now if you make it bigger the monitor overlap the stock UI ( resource on the right up corner )

I've been out on vacation for the past few weeks, and I see the mod has gone along really well!

Are spacecraft (still) uncontrollable behind planets/no line of sight to Kerbin? Because that was a concern I had, and I haven't seen anything in the patch notes about it.

I'm finally getting to play with this mod, and I've got to say, it's surprisingly brutal.

I just lost one of my pilots and a tourist because I left Mun at the wrong angle and wound up flying through its shadow for too long.

I've found myself modifying my designs pretty significantly because of the life support components of this mod, and I haven't even gotten to a long-term mission that requires quality of life yet.

This mod is fantastic. Thank you so much! It looks amazing, it operates flawlessly, and this is the first life support mod I've used that added anything to the early game beyond "put this part on you'll be fine"

New release, 0.9.9.9

Changelog
  - science lab EC consumption is simulated in background
  - science labs EC cost tweaked
  - fix: ui offsets respect scaling
  - fix: removed signal lock exploit for unmanned debris
  - fix: missing data in part prefabs will no longer break background simulation
  - fix: problem with vessel info and resource names being used instead of rule names

18 minutes ago, cubinator said:

My only annoyance is that this mod de-warps for everything. I put a probe on a Hohmann transfer to Duna, but had to keep pressing the timewarp up again because of a solar storm, and a bunch of malfunctions on a probe that I launched on Day 2 and abandoned after it's cheap antenna got out of range after a Mun encounter. Maybe you could add an option to disable auto-dewarp for certain ships, and maybe even for certain ships under certain circumstances? For instance, it could let me choose not to de-warp for a solar storm unless the storm will affect either the current vessel (directly or through relay networks) or a manned vessel, and let me choose not to de-warp for malfunctions on Mun Zipper, but DO de-warp when Mun Zipper enters Kerbin's SOI. The game and the mod already keeps track of all this stuff, so adding options to the de-warp mechanic would fix one nuisance of this mod for me.

Right now I'm almost ready to make that Minmus base I've always dreamt of! I've got to do some other stuff too to get better spaceplane parts; I'm hoping to design an SSTO spaceplane capable of transporting base modules and crew to and from Minmus. Won't that be fun!

What you're asking is already available. Just select the ship you don't care anymore in the Kerbalism menu and de-select all kinds of alarms. 

Edit: ninja'd LOL

Edited by Nansuchao

35 minutes ago, Kethevin said:

Forgive my ignorance, but now that this mod requires CommunityResourcePack, does that mean there is no longer a conflict with USI? 

Do they now play nice together?

I would say play at your own risk (and without support).  The bypassed stock mechanics are going to have some really weird effects.  Off the top of my head, efficiency is going to get really weird, machinery will get weird (the effect is bypassed by Kerbalism), thermal is bypassed (so you might see some interesting times with reactors), plus I am pretty sure there are a few things I do that are based on ModuleResourceConverter's presence and access to it's fields.

4 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Box of Stardust Yes, controlling an unmanned vessel require line-of-sight with the home body, directly or indirectly. However, now you can disable the signal mechanic if you want. Edit the file profiles/default.cfg and delete this line

@Kerbalism:FOR[EnableSignal] {}

As I understand it, the signal mechanic encompasses everything you've added in the mod (including ranges and relay requirements, etc.). I'd like to have it so that the line-of-sight (or relay) requirement is still required for data transmission; so just disable the mechanic dictating that the probe can/can't be controlled depending on line-of-sight.

Is that possible to do in the configs?

8 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Box of Stardust It isn't possible right now. And is not easy to add it, due to the way the signal system architecture was designed. But I could add a flag in settings to disable the loss of control altogheter. Will that be enough?

I think that's what I'm asking for actually. Just never lose control of the craft, but still have data transmission mechanics require line-of-sight/relay. Unless data transmission is linked with the control mechanics requiring line-of-sight.

Edited by Box of Stardust

14 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Box of Stardust Ok then, I'm adding the setting in next version. I through you wanted loss of control only in the case a vessel goes out of range... middle of the night here man :rolleyes:

... I mean, loss of control if out of range is nice too, but if I can't transmit data, I think it pretty much has the same overall effect. If I happen to send the probe/whatever back, I can pretend that all my 'control actions' were 'programmed' into the probe to gather science. :P

Anyways, cool, looking forward to the update.

2 hours ago, Kethevin said:

Forgive my ignorance, but now that this mod requires CommunityResourcePack, does that mean there is no longer a conflict with USI? 

Do they now play nice together?

I think a lot of how well they can work together also will depend on which USI you use. There are quite a few under the umbrella. IE USI-Lite would likely have less to conflict than USI-MKS, though personally even the -lite version is a bit too "heavy". Would love to see a good parts pack for KIS simple base building to go along with Kerbal Planetary Base Systems for permanent bases :)

Is there a way to tweak the rate of malfunctions? 

I sent a probe to duna and within 10 days my engine is overheating 10,000% faster and every single solar panel is working at 8% efficiency and same with the antennas. It seems silly that my probe literally falls apart before I can even get out of the kerbin system...

Edit: It would be nice if there was a bit more explanation for a lot of things. What rate does investing into material science slow malfunctions, how long each unit of food/oxygen will last, which node gives better scrubber efficiency etc etc Apologies if I missed somewhere you can find this stuff. I've really been enjoying the mod it breathed a lot of freshness into the game for me even after 1000+ hours into ksp!

Edited by cheeseit
More detail