[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

New version released, 1.0.2:

- planner: warn the user if resource capacity isn't enough to avoid inconsistencies at extreme timewarp
  - tweaked MOLE solar panel output
  - realism and tac emulation profiles presence can be queried using NEEDS[]
  - fix: typo in EC amount checking for relay antennas
  - fix: resque missions getting hydrazine instead of monoprop when RealFuel isn't installed

Hello,

I LOVE THIS MOD. The work you've put in is fantastic and I can't wait to use it in my realism overhaul save :D

I was just wondering if you were going to add water/recyclers to the mod. Its great without them, but it would just make it that little bit better you know? This is still a fantastic mod though :D Keep up the good work.

37 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

- [...]
  - fix: resque missions getting hydrazine instead of monoprop when RealFuel isn't installed

Wow, that was a quick response and fix! Great! Will update and test ASAP.

4 hours ago, Cooboo said:

Hello,

I LOVE THIS MOD. The work you've put in is fantastic and I can't wait to use it in my realism overhaul save :D

I was just wondering if you were going to add water/recyclers to the mod. Its great without them, but it would just make it that little bit better you know? This is still a fantastic mod though :D Keep up the good work.

You can already use realism.cfg profile which adds water/recycling.

H.

Edited by Hrubec

Great Mod But Need More Balancing. I think probes Consume way to much power. in real Life they Are so power efficient.they Can Scan record send receive with power of just light bulb. i dont know maybe because im using remotetech but pretty much 1-6 solar panels r useless.another balancing issue is Eve suits.i think they should keep kerbals alive for at least a hour or two  instead of minutes. if u dont want to change this i'll be grateful if u instruct me to how i change it?

Edited by Silent1_87
Grammar issue i thinks. Second language

6 hours ago, Hrubec said:

You can already use realism.cfg profile which adds water/recycling.

H.

Oh awesome! How?

(Sorry Im not a coder, so a step by step would be nice :) )

The other day I asked about a module so my refinery could generate shielding... Now, I came with a sugestion. And if not, a request to another module...

Engines on KSP, at least i understand it, are cryogenic (Hydrogen + Oxygen= KABOOM). So... Oxidizer is Oxygen. So... Is there any way thet lets you use oxidizer (that can be generated by a refinery) as oxygen, and achieve (with greenhouse) fully independence of Kerbin? Thank you.

11 minutes ago, stellarator said:

The other day I asked about a module so my refinery could generate shielding... Now, I came with a sugestion. And if not, a request to another module...

Engines on KSP, at least i understand it, are cryogenic (Hydrogen + Oxygen= KABOOM). So... Oxidizer is Oxygen. So... Is there any way thet lets you use oxidizer (that can be generated by a refinery) as oxygen, and achieve (with greenhouse) fully independence of Kerbin? Thank you.

Take a look at the file I sent you the other day. You should be able to work out how to do this. You just need to duplicate the text and change shielding to oxygen. Not ure on the ratios though. If you can't work something out I'll send you a new link when I'm home in a few hours.

59 minutes ago, stellarator said:

I realised I didn't need to go home. This should add oxygen generation.  Replace the last folder with this one. I've not tested the rate 5hough. Let me know if you think it's too fast/slow. 

1 hour ago, Cooboo said:

Oh awesome! How?

(Sorry Im not a coder, so a step by step would be nice :) )

go to Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kerbalism\Profiles and rename Realism.cfg-disabled to Realism.cfg

20 minutes ago, corbett said:

food and oxygen are not working they wont show up in command pods or in the planner.

Have you got module manager installed? If installed with CKAN have you also installed the default profile?

Edited by dboi88

First off, YOUR MOD IS AMAZING! I think the quality of live addition is the greatest addition i've seen to the game. All of the additions make mission planning feel as rich as the physics in the game.

Reading the wiki though, there's a few features that don't seem to be working for me. i'm sure it's just something stupid i'm overlooking. I'm on current version of KSP and 1.0.2 of kerbalism, using the default profile. only other mods are community resource pack, planetary bases, and KER.
- there is no shielding resource, in or out of the VAB.
- no stock parts provide entertainment
- signal mechanic does not seem to exist, antennae do not give relay option in or out of the VAB, and aren't visible in the planner.
Thanks for the help!

3 minutes ago, backflip said:

First off, YOUR MOD IS AMAZING! I think the quality of live addition is the greatest addition i've seen to the game. All of the additions make mission planning feel as rich as the physics in the game.

Reading the wiki though, there's a few features that don't seem to be working for me. i'm sure it's just something stupid i'm overlooking. I'm on current version of KSP and 1.0.2 of kerbalism, using the default profile. only other mods are community resource pack, planetary bases, and KER.
- there is no shielding resource, in or out of the VAB.
- no stock parts provide entertainment
- signal mechanic does not seem to exist, antennae do not give relay option in or out of the VAB, and aren't visible in the planner.
Thanks for the help!

Have you got Module Manager installed? You didn't list it and it is a dependency.

6 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

Have you got Module Manager installed? You didn't list it and it is a dependency.

Sorry, yes. Although it looks like i have several versions:
ModuleManager.2.6.3.dll

ModuleManager.ConfigCache

ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

ModuleManager.Physics

ModuleManager.TechTree

And sorry I also forgot to mention scatterer.

Thanks for your help 

16 minutes ago, backflip said:

ModuleManager.2.6.3.dll 

I believe this is an old version of Module Manager. You might want to update. 

Otherwise look under GameData/Kerbalism/Profiles and make sure default.cfg exists (I'm saying the path from memory as I dont have access to my computer right now so it might be slightly off).

16 minutes ago, backflip said:

ModuleManager.2.6.3.dll 

Otherwise look under GameData/Kerbalism/Profiles and make sure default.cfg exists (I'm saying the path from memory as I dont have access to my computer right now so it might be slightly off).

9 minutes ago, leomike said:

Thanks! you indeed had the correct file path.

I installed the newest module manager and everything seems to be working great now!

Much appreciated.

38 minutes ago, backflip said:

Sorry, yes. Although it looks like i have several versions:
ModuleManager.2.6.3.dll

ModuleManager.ConfigCache

ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

ModuleManager.Physics

ModuleManager.TechTree

And sorry I also forgot to mention scatterer.

Thanks for your help 

Current Module Manager Version is 2.6.25, have you got a dev build? the rest of the files are part of module manager, not separate installs. I'd suggest deleting all those files and reinstalling the latest release 

Edited by dboi88
too slow

18 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

- tweaked MOLE solar panel output

that why all of my Probes losing EC even close to the sun. really 0.4 E per second for ox-l4 compare to its stock 1.6E per sec. it make game a lot more challenging.

@ShotgunNinja

Regarding the EC at high warp speeds - have you considered just not activly calculate EC at high warp?

At the moment it does cause quite allot of issues unless you bring insane amounts of batteries (my tiny probe gets the warning that it should bring 1152 EC storage - while in practice a couple of hundred is enough).

From previous in the thread I have read that the tic rate is the issue, which makes sense. If the tic rate is longer then your whole EC time in shadow, you will run into issues.

My idea is that if the ship has perpetual EC when in sunlight, just ignore EC at high time warps. Sure, in theory, that would allow "jumping through" shadows, but honestly, at those high time warps, if you use it to jump through the shadow of a planet, you are highly unlikely to end up where you wanted to in your orbit anyway. It's just not a feasible "exploit" in 99.99% of the cases.

If the ship doesn't have perpetual EC, just keep going as it is now. The ship should correctly run out of charge, in generally very quickly.

I think this would cause allot less issues, especially for people using high timewarp allot of the time.

20 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

- [...]

Updated, checked, works fine! Thanks a lot!

@nosscire The sun visibility problem was fixed already: I'm doing a poor man integration of sun visibility over the whole orbit, if there are not enough samples per-orbit (meaning at high timewarp speed).

The inconsistency that's left (and that you get the little warning in the planner) is unrelated to sun visibility, but only to capacity. Most users can just ignore it, as you have noticed it has little to no practical effects. Anyway, in a few versions I'm going to refactor the background resource consumption once more to minimize this problem further (to the point that basic EC capacity will be enough to hide that warning).