[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

@ShotgunNinja I came here to ask a question then got distracted by shiny objects options, blasted ADD.

When adjusting the ranges can we use hard numbers or are we restricted to scientific notation?  If we need to use SN, is it restricted to integers or will decimals work just as well? i.e. can I put in 125000 or 1e5.1?

While I could just plug in numbers and see if it blows up I'm stuck at the job a lot for he next two days and curiosity can be really distracting (again, blasted ADD).

@Reaver67 TAC life support will mean you need to disable the life support rules (you could keep stress and radiation) otherwise there will be overlap. Also this might mess up background processing a bit. Remote tech means that the antenna feature will automatically disable itself (which will also reduce the usefulness of the radiation since storms won't affect antennas anymore, and communication home won't impact stress anymore). USI doesn't support Kerbalism I believe, so no background processing on that either. Overall, most of this mod will no longer be used if you have TAC and RT installed, but it can still add a few interesting features.

KAC was giving me some errors with 1.1.3. I uninstalled it, but now Kerbalism is spamming me with exceptions, more specifically, this line:

[EXC 07:13:01.896] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'.
    KERBALISM.Message.Post (Severity severity, System.String text, System.String subtext)
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.applyRules (.Vessel v, KERBALISM.vessel_data vd, KERBALISM.vessel_info vi)
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 07:13:01.898] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'.

Uh, hey.

This has probably been mentioned before, but I have 4 * big oxygen tank and 4 * oxygen tank, connected with fuel lines to each other and to the crew capsule of three kerbals with the scrubber running and enough EC, and they still suffocate in around a minute. What can I do and why is it happening?

18 minutes ago, Chicken_Cabbage said:

Uh, hey.

This has probably been mentioned before, but I have 4 * big oxygen tank and 4 * oxygen tank, connected with fuel lines to each other and to the crew capsule of three kerbals with the scrubber running and enough EC, and they still suffocate in around a minute. What can I do and why is it happening?

You don't need fuel lines. Are you sure to have Module Manager in your GameData folder? And which profile are you using?

1 minute ago, Chicken_Cabbage said:

Yeah, I have MM 2.6.24. And what do you mean which profile? :\

Did you use CKAN? In case, you have to download also Kerbalism profile, which defin your kind of experience in Kerbalism. Without it Kerbalism does nothing.

I have a suggestion, I came up with the idea while watching (right now) a kerballized version of STS, that carried the ET to orbit... that made me thought about the Wet Workshop project and... Well, i came up with that idea, have fuel tanks that, while they are empty, can be used as extra living space, so the stress level of Kerbals will low, but without adding extra space to new crew...
I think that is a realistic and good idea, easy to make a reality.

Thank you.

Just now, stellarator said:

I have a suggestion, I came up with the idea while watching (right now) a kerballized version of STS, that carried the ET to orbit... that made me thought about the Wet Workshop project and... Well, i came up with that idea, have fuel tanks that, while they are empty, can be used as extra living space, so the stress level of Kerbals will low, but without adding extra space to new crew...
I think that is a realistic and good idea, easy to make a reality.

Thank you.

I think this would an excellent addiction, but not so easy to implement.

First time to this mod. I'm gonna try it out in my v1.1.2 and later in v1.1.3 after the update.
First of all this seems a better alternative to TAC life support imho, have to test out whether that's true. Opinion may differ ofcourse.
I did read the mod description and I like to add something for better realism.
You say that kerbals can live without food for several days.
From a complete realistic viewpoint a living organism (assuming a kerbal is one and not a droid) can live without water for a few days.
Maybe add water next to food.
As for food, a living organism can surive without a whole lot longer then that.
Maybe add a function whereby certain kerbal functions go offline like the ability to EVA due to starvation or add counter control to pilot input due to disorientation when a kerbal lacks a certain food/water resource for to long.
Just thinking out loud though, it's up to the author to determine whether he likes such functions being added.

I have another suggestion: The local control override mode: If a manned spacecraft has a probe core and he crew become insane, youy can activate that mode, that would prevent many efefcts of stress like brong button, but will generate a big amount of malfunction rates, electricity consumption (the antenna must work more), etc.

@Chicken_Cabbage Do you have community resource pack installed? Are you using KSP 1.1.2?

@yorshee That's expected. The mod has not been updated for 1.1.3.

@benad @dboi88 I don't think there's any reason to alarm ourselves. @ShotgunNinja has shown great interest in adding new features and improving Kerbalism in the past, I wouldn't expect the mod to be abandoned. I might look and see if I can make a quick patch to make it work on 1.1.3 if I get time before an official update, I'd expect the changes to be minimal.

53 minutes ago, leomike said:

@benad @dboi88 I don't think there's any reason to alarm ourselves. @ShotgunNinja has shown great interest in adding new features and improving Kerbalism in the past, I wouldn't expect the mod to be abandoned.

I'm hoping not and would be surprised if it was abandoned, Fingers crossed he's just taking a well needed vacation and he's sat on a sunny beach somewhere like he deserves.

I was just concerned that we've had daily updates/dialog for 2 months straight and then right in the middle of resolving some bug issues everything's gone silent.

19 hours ago, leomike said:

@Reaver67 TAC life support will mean you need to disable the life support rules (you could keep stress and radiation) otherwise there will be overlap. Also this might mess up background processing a bit. Remote tech means that the antenna feature will automatically disable itself (which will also reduce the usefulness of the radiation since storms won't affect antennas anymore, and communication home won't impact stress anymore). USI doesn't support Kerbalism I believe, so no background processing on that either. Overall, most of this mod will no longer be used if you have TAC and RT installed, but it can still add a few interesting features.

Thank you for the answer.  I may have to adjust my mod list again

For those of you that are interested, I have recompiled Kerbalism for 1.1.3 (@yorshee this should fix your problem). You can find it here (update the dll in the GameData/Kerbalism folder). I have run a few quick tests and it seems to work fine, but consider this a hotfix until @ShotgunNinja is back (you might not want to use this in a major career game until we get an official update).

@The-Doctor I poked around the configs and source code quite a bit so I'm just trying to help others out. Although the license is very liberal, I don't have any plan to "steal" @ShotgunNinja's amazing work, there's a lot to be proud of with this mod. If ever the mod is officially abandoned I might see if I would have time to update it further, but my C# skills are not very... sharp.

1 minute ago, leomike said:

@The-Doctor I poked around the configs and source code quite a bit so I'm just trying to help others out. Although the license is very liberal, I don't have any plan to "steal" @ShotgunNinja's amazing work, there's a lot to be proud of with this mod. If ever the mod is officially abandoned I might see if I would have time to update it further, but my C# skills are not very... sharp.

ight