[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

1 minute ago, AndrewHere said:

It's there a way to make the mod harder? I mean with 7 kerbals on board and two big tanks of oxygen they get up to 1 year 109d which its too much in my opinion. Also a big tank of food gives 152d to kerbals to live (7 kerbals) which it's still a bit too much for me at least, i would like to be able to change some of the settings. (i just like resuplying maybe)

That's why i created my own container with ~60 days food/water/oxygen and use that for my station (only scrubber is in the ALCOR pod i use as station command center)

18 minutes ago, Jasseji said:

That's why i created my own container with ~60 days food/water/oxygen and use that for my station (only scrubber is in the ALCOR pod i use as station command center)

Do they require water too? I would love if there was a config file to be able to change some parameters. Also i havn't seen any requirement for water, that would be very cool tho.

I've got 8 craft flying in the kerbin system and am constantly being notified (on screen) of batteries being low and going out of range, etc. It also breaks me out of warp anytime a message pops up, as I add more craft, this is becoming more of an annoyance than a help.

Is there a way to configure kerbalism for what alerts I'd like to see?  Or to toggle alerts on/off?

I Love this mod, thank you for the great work.

1 hour ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@legoclone09 It will work with any planet pack as long as they don't add new stars.

Alright, cool!

@ShotgunNinja is it possible to remove certain parts of the mod? I don't want to deal with quality of life, radiation, or malfunctions? I think this was discussed earlier in the thread but I can't find it.

Edited by legoclone09

7 hours ago, AndrewHere said:

Do they require water too? I would love if there was a config file to be able to change some parameters. Also i havn't seen any requirement for water, that would be very cool tho.

GameData\Kerbalism\Profiles\

There is a profile called Default.cfg and Realism.cfg-disabled (if you installed the profiles from CKAN, if not just add them)

Rename the file Default.cfg to Default.cfg-disabled and Realism.cfg-disabled to Realism.cfg

This will add Water requirement

2 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Alright, cool!

@ShotgunNinja is it possible to remove certain parts of the mod? I don't want to deal with quality of life, radiation, or malfunctions? I think this was discussed earlier in the thread but I can't find it.

quality of life and radiation are the very Core of this mod (apart from the GUI)

I built a Station with CxAerospace parts and this is what i use as my Supply Container Config (ISS Leonardo MPLM-Style Container):

RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 600
maxAmount = 600
}

RESOURCE  
{    
name = Water
amount = 300
maxAmount = 300
}

RESOURCE  
{
name = FiltrationMaterial
amount = 100
maxAmount = 100
}

RESOURCE  
{   
name = Oxygen
amount = 27000
maxAmount = 27000
}

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleKISInventory
	maxVolume = 15000
	externalAccess = true
	internalAccess = true
	slotsX = 10
	slotsY = 5
	slotSize = 50
	itemIconResolution = 128
	selfIconResolution = 128
	openSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerOpen
	closeSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerClose
	defaultMoveSndPath = KIS/Sounds/itemMove
}

above setup adds ~60 days of Supplies for a 7-kerbal crew, providing there is one 3-Kerbal Command Pod with a single scrubber (the Oxygen Tank i plan to remove when i add and balance a scrubber)

1 minute ago, AndrewHere said:

@Jasseji if i copy the water code from realism.cfg to default.cfg would that work?

Should work but keep in mind the water filtration too, you would need to copy the scrubber configs and resource definitions as well (except if you have some other recycler for Water)

11 minutes ago, Jasseji said:

Should work but keep in mind the water filtration too, you would need to copy the scrubber configs and resource definitions as well (except if you have some other recycler for Water)

Could you tell me where i could change some parameters so i can change the amount of resources every part gets? I don't know i would like so that food oxygen and water runs out faster.

25 minutes ago, AndrewHere said:

Could you tell me where i could change some parameters so i can change the amount of resources every part gets? I don't know i would like so that food oxygen and water runs out faster.

i think @ShotgunNinja should be able to tell better but as far as i understand these are the entries in the config file:

// FOOD
Rule
{
name = Food
resource_name = Food
[...]
on_pod = 8.0 // 8 days of supply (+16 days of degeneration before starvation, for a total of 24 days)
[...]
}

// WATER
Rule
{
name = Water
resource_name = Water 
[...]
on_pod = 4.0 // 4 days of supply per crew member (+default Filtration Material)
[...]
}

I find that for Realism sake, i keep these values as low as possible (the default 8 days is fine for me) but add an external Container (like the Leonardo MPLM on the ISS) with configuration of 30-60 days of food

Edited by Jasseji

9 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@legoclone09 Yes, you can disable the mechanics that you don't want. Take a look at the documentation in the wiki, especially this page.

Thanks! I was looking around in the files earlier and didn't think that would be useful, but it is! Thanks!

EDIT: The profiles don't seem to be right for me, they don't go vertically down and have a few vertical rows but horizontal is really long, is that intentional?

Edited by legoclone09

@ShotgunNinja I think you may have misunderstood, though maybe not. I didn't mean deterioration due to low G, I meant high G due to thrust during a take-off or burn. IF a ship is under manned control and the pilot blacks out or dies from G-force, I'd say that would have a pretty big impact on game play. :)

7 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Thanks! I was looking around in the files earlier and didn't think that would be useful, but it is! Thanks!

EDIT: The profiles don't seem to be right for me, they don't go vertically down and have a few vertical rows but horizontal is really long, is that intentional?

use a proper editor then it will look ok - Notepad++ or PSPad

14 hours ago, CSVoltage said:

@ShotgunNinja I think you may have misunderstood, though maybe not. I didn't mean deterioration due to low G, I meant high G due to thrust during a take-off or burn. IF a ship is under manned control and the pilot blacks out or dies from G-force, I'd say that would have a pretty big impact on game play. :)

12 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@BashGordon33 Mmm I don't know, maybe serious but with a bit of humor.

Alright then, so for 'SunInspaceLow' I should say that the radiation shielding melted or something similar? Or the 'KerbinLanded' say that the government is hiding radioactive waste at the KSC?

When you want the Biomes to refer your science-definition the Part cfg biomeMask has to be edited. At the moment it does not look for the biomes, only for the sitiuation and the planet.

17 minutes ago, BashGordon33 said:

...Or the 'KerbinLanded' say that the government is hiding radioactive waste at the KSC?

this would mean that you would detect it even if you're on the other side of kerbin.