[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

Hello, little bug, vessel monitor in space center and tracking station scene do not scale with app, this is with app scaled to 130% 

ZthMDYC.jpg

You have to be superfast with mouse to make use of mouse over vessel monitor ^_^ , if you go in flighs scene it's ok, from there if you set to 100% go back in space center and then set again to 130% in flight scene and again in space center then it scale correct

@ShotgunNinja Just submitted a pull request for a few changes I had done previously. Had a lot of issues with Monodevelop refusing to commit properly so I ended up having to copy/paste the changes to Github directly, not a very pleasant experience. Overall changes are pretty minor.

@brusura Found out it is a bug in stock, wasted an hour :0.0:. To reproduce do the following:

Spoiler

- set 'app scale' in flight-mode setting window to something else than 100%
- exit & restart KSP
- applauncher ui in space center view has wrong scale
- load a vessel, then go back to space center
- applauncher ui in space center now is correct

The workaround if you change appscale is to go in flight-mode at least once after you load the game.

29 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Japcsali Did you have CommunityResourcePack installed? If you used CKAN, did you also install the DefaultProfile package?

Thanks for the quick response! CommunityResourcepack was installed, the defaultProfile packege on the other hand.....          
Thing is, the first time I installed the mod manually and now I changed it to CKAN, somehow missed the DefaultProfile package. Can't test it now, but this will probably fix it, Thank you very much!

24 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

I have a question. I have a contract that asks me to "Cross the Kerbin Radiation Belts" I don't know what altitude there at.

So, What altitude are the Quote on Quote "Van Kerman Belts" located for Kerbin?

I think it's 600 km

I have this NRE , a lot of them, I was building a base on the mun:

[EXC 20:21:03.822] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KERBALISM.Antenna.Update ()

The game keeps running fine, but the log files grow more that 100mb :mellow: , I'm trying to narrow down wich vessel cause this

Edited by brusura

On 7/19/2016 at 10:31 AM, CSVoltage said:

@ShotgunNinja I think you may have misunderstood, though maybe not. I didn't mean deterioration due to low G, I meant high G due to thrust during a take-off or burn. IF a ship is under manned control and the pilot blacks out or dies from G-force, I'd say that would have a pretty big impact on game play. :)

I also just remembered that KeepFit handles G loading:

21 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@brusura Found it (I think), fix in next version. BTW, was one of the active vessels with an antenna part flagged as debris?

FYI using KAS + KIS can cause that, at random components, sometimes the log doesn't even show what the component is because an entire ship can go wrong, the best way to get a 200mb log is by joining 2 semi complex ships (over 20 parts each) using a CC-R2 port and then add some panels, antennas or radiators, instant red debug :P

@ShotgunNinja got several types, here's the ones that repeat the most, Yoda style.

Spoiler

[LOG 05:58:05.871] 7/25/2016 5:58:05 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag
[EXC 05:58:05.872] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 05:58:05.875] KerbalEngineer -> ActionMenu->Awake
[LOG 05:58:05.875] KerbalEngineer -> FlightEngineerCore->Awake
[LOG 05:58:05.876] KerbalEngineer -> ActionMenu->Start
[LOG 05:58:05.876] KerbalEngineer -> FlightEngineerCore->Start
[LOG 05:58:06.000] 7/25/2016 5:58:06 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loading Textures
[LOG 05:58:06.041] 7/25/2016 5:58:06 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loaded Textures
[EXC 05:58:08.208] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[WRN 05:58:08.209] [UiApp] Awake: CurrencyWidgetsApp

Spoiler

[LOG 05:47:30.950] [UIApp] Adding CurrencyWidgetsApp to Application Launcher
[LOG 05:47:30.952] ScaleModList: listSize 328 maxListSize 650
[LOG 05:47:30.953] [CurrencyConverter for Unpaid Research Program]: 0 Reputation taken, yields 0 Science
[LOG 05:47:30.954] [CurrencyConverter for Unpaid Research Program]: 0 Reputation taken, yields 0 Science
[LOG 05:47:30.955] [CurrencyConverter for Unpaid Research Program]: 0 Reputation taken, yields 0 Science
[EXC 05:47:30.982] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 05:47:30.984] [UIApp] Adding KSPedia to Application Launcher
[LOG 05:47:30.986] ScaleModList: listSize 328 maxListSize 609
[EXC 05:47:31.013] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 05:47:31.037] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 05:47:31.070] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 05:47:31.095] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 05:47:31.123] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 05:47:31.146] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 05:47:31.169] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 05:47:31.172] UIMasterController: ShowUI
[LOG 05:47:31.199] Flight State Captured
[LOG 05:47:31.221] Saving Achievements Tree...

Spoiler

[EXC 06:34:25.450] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Renderer].get_Item (Int32 index)
    Part.highlight (Color highlightColor)
    Part.highlight (Boolean active)
    Part.SetHighlight (Boolean active, Boolean recursive)
    Part.OnMouseIsOver ()
    Part.UpdateMouseOver ()
    Part.Update ()
[EXC 06:34:25.491] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Renderer].get_Item (Int32 index)
    Part.highlight (Color highlightColor)
    Part.highlight (Boolean active)
    Part.SetHighlight (Boolean active, Boolean recursive)
    Part.OnMouseHasExited ()
    Part.UpdateMouseOver ()
    Part.Update ()

Spoiler

[EXC 04:51:55.676] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.GetVisibleMeshData (UnityEngine.Transform t, Boolean onlyMeshes)
    FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.CreateMeshListFromTransforms (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& meshTransforms)
    FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.RebuildAllMeshData ()
    FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.FixedUpdate ()
[LOG 04:51:55.810] [CurrencyConverter for Unpaid Research Program]: 0 Reputation taken, yields 0 Science
[LOG 04:51:55.814] [Cannon]: ground contact! - error: 0.000m
[LOG 04:51:55.815] Unpacking Cannon
[LOG 04:51:55.824] [Cannon Probe]: ground contact! - error: 0.000m
[LOG 04:51:55.826] Unpacking Cannon Probe
[LOG 04:51:55.861] 7/25/2016 4:51:55 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Adding DrawGUI to PostRender Queue
[LOG 04:51:55.861] 7/25/2016 4:51:55 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Skipping version check
[EXC 04:51:55.868] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.GetVisibleMeshData (UnityEngine.Transform t, Boolean onlyMeshes)
    FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.CreateMeshListFromTransforms (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& meshTransforms)
    FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.RebuildAllMeshData ()
[EXC 04:51:55.871] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 04:51:55.874] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 04:51:55.877] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 04:51:55.891] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

6 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@brusura Found it (I think), fix in next version. BTW, was one of the active vessels with an antenna part flagged as debris?

Yes I suspect that was a vessel type debris, I usually set vessel I do not want to show in the monitor planner as debris even if they are not ( all my skycrane basically used to deploy base components )

I am not at home, I'll try to narrow down to the vessel while the release will be live, thanks

13 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

I found out that was indeed one of my skycrane from wich I stripped antenna and probe core, the probe core was attached on the mun base and the antenna again on the skycrane ( without a probe core and classfied as debries ) as soon as I removed the antenna from this probecore-less skycrane the NRE went away

Now I have a problem with the greenhouse, it has an enourmous amount of waste and while it is decreasing during gameplau it keep increase explonentially every game load, as a result i am producing food at a lot faster rate ( minutes ) . The greenhouse was shipped  from kerbin to mun with shutters open and landed there with a skycrane, after that assembled with KIS, here is an image:

Spoiler

6hKGTr2.jpg

The log do not show anything strange, would it helpful to you my savegsame? ( I'll try to strip down as much mods as I can )

Edited by brusura

2 short questions.

1. why depend the needed energy to heat or cool a vessel on the number of kerbals in it? Same volume on air that must heated or cooled.

2. On a part that has multiple Modules[Malfunction]  can Kerbalsim handle these malfunctions and assign it to the right Module or will this increase the amount of failure and all Modules are affectet?

Edited by Mo3pp3l

@brusura I did a mistake in the waste bonus calculation for the greenhouse, already fixed for next version. Release in 24h probably.

@Mo3pp3l 1) You are not wrong, but it just made sense at the time to have it proportional to amount of crew because: more crew, more internal environment to climatize.

2) The way it is implemented doesn't play well with multiple malfunction modules in the same part: only the first module (in an arbitrary order) among the supported ones get the penalty, and having more than one will increase rate of failure. Now that I think of this, I believe it can be fixed by tweaking the MM patch that add the malfunction modules.

3 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@brusura I did a mistake in the waste bonus calculation for the greenhouse, already fixed for next version. Release in 24h probably.

sorry somehow I didn't see it already reported and fixed by you