[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

4 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@aluc24 Unfortunately, no. I'll need to replicate it myself with your savegame. Could you give me a list of part mods you are using in that space station? The minimal set I need to load it.

Okay. Try loading with just these, I hope I didn't forget anything:

KAS

KIS

KerbalEngineerRedux

RemoteTech

SCANsat

Let me know if you need anything else. And thanks.

@aluc24 Ok, I'm assuming the vessel in question is 'KSS Science Module'.

I see the values of food estimate changing, while oxygen ones are very stable. I know what happen: during 'meals' the consumption of food jump because it is detected twice for the estimate. That's okay, it has no consequences on consumptions. It is also unrelated to timewarp speed, you can see it happening even at 1x, at the exact moment the meal is consumed. I'll try to fix it in future. 

2 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@aluc24 Ok, I'm assuming the vessel in question is 'KSS Science Module'.

I see the values of food estimate changing, while oxygen ones are very stable. I know what happen: during 'meals' the consumption of food jump because it is detected twice for the estimate. That's okay, it has no consequences on consumptions. It is also unrelated to timewarp speed, you can see it happening even at 1x, at the exact moment the meal is consumed. I'll try to fix it in future. 

Yes, that's the vessel. Right, somehow I thought oxygen was unstable too. So, if it's not an immediate issue (not threatening to kill Kerbals prematurely) then I guess it's just a minor inconvenience. Thank you for taking a look at it. I'll report if there'll be any more problems. Keep up the good work!

@ShotgunNinjaOk, if I understand correctly, radiation use a template for each planets, then radiation amount is set per planet, but shape and size of  belt etc is purely base on the template. 

Question A: does template are resized automaticly to planets? If yes, base on what?

Question B: is there a way to adjust size of a template for a specific planet?

So I just decided to make detailed radiation profiles for every planet pack I use:

http://www.filedropper.com/radiationarkas

http://www.filedropper.com/radiationasclepius

http://www.filedropper.com/radiationextrasolar

http://www.filedropper.com/radiationkplus

http://www.filedropper.com/radiationnh_1

http://www.filedropper.com/radiationopm

Yeah, I have a lot of planet packs XD. You should use the new version of NH it's better and more realistic than the other ones. And I made a way more detailed OPM patch. I'll be working on updated science definitions and new science definitions.

Also, I looked at the 1.1.1 changelog, and Vall isn't meant to represent Io, it's meant to represent Europa. There is no actual Io representation in the game. And whats this science experimental patch in configs and what does it do?

Edited by BashGordon33

9 hours ago, aluc24 said:

Right, somehow I thought oxygen was unstable too.

Not sure if related but I've noticed that when using the fastest time warp speed you often run out of power, which means the scrubber gets disabled, which means you are using a lot more oxygen than you are supposed to.

1 hour ago, BashGordon33 said:

Also, I looked at the 1.1.1 changelog, and Vall isn't meant to represent Io, it's meant to represent Europa. There is no actual Io representation in the game. And whats this science experimental patch in configs and what does it do?

Well, Vall doesn't look like neither of them, but Io is the first major moon of Jupiter in order of distance. Excluding that abomination of Laythe, Vall was the only one I could use as Io. Honestly Eeloo seem to look like Europa, don't know why. That experimental file wasn't meant to be included in the release...

5 hours ago, RedParadize said:

Ok, if I understand correctly, radiation use a template for each planets, then radiation amount is set per planet, but shape and size of  belt etc is purely base on the template. 

Question A: does template are resized automaticly to planets? If yes, base on what?

Question B: is there a way to adjust size of a template for a specific planet?

Yes, you got it. (A) It does, all values are in planetary radii. (B) The dimensions adjust automatically to planerary radii, if you want a different shape you'll need to use a different model.

1 hour ago, Guest83 said:

Not sure if related but I've noticed that when using the fastest time warp speed you often run out of power, which means the scrubber gets disabled, which means you are using a lot more oxygen than you are supposed to.

That should not happen, and I don't see it in my tests. Can you send me a savegame where one of your vessel is actually consuming more oxygen than it should?

Edited by ShotgunNinja

If i remember correctly there was some issues with the mod "background processing". i'm installing deepfreeze and he wants to install it too. should i let him or deselect it?

i hope this hasn't been already asked, i tried to search for it, but i didn't found anything clear about it.

3 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

That should not happen, and I don't see it in my tests. Can you send me a savegame where one of your vessel is actually consuming more oxygen than it should?

Im getting this behaviour as well, which also includes food consumption being completely off what the estimate tells me. 

One ship in particular went from having 30 days of food to out of food in less than a few days with only one kerbal on board. Additionally, it had solar panels set up in a way that there would never be a position where a solar panel couldnt be directly facing the sun. This ship only needed one panel to keep fully charged but it would constantly lose power when the ship was not in focus. Because it lost power, the scrubber would turn off and then it would suck through 40 days of oxygen in a matter of minutes/hours.

Basically in the single kerbin day (6 hours) it took me to set up my CommSat network this kerbal had sucked through 30+ days of food/oxygen in the background on a ship that when I have focus on it is completely sustainable.

Edited by Bellicosity

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/48q0cy8glimdclq/game1.rar?dl=0

As far as mods go... Im not quite certain what the minimum would be.

I think this should be enough: B9, Community Resource Pack, Community Tech Tree, Kerbalism, Kerbalism Default Profile, kOS, MechJeb 2, Mechjeb and engineer for all, Module Manager, RealChute, Remote Tech, TweakScale, Unmanned before manned.

Version 1.1.3 released

- do not use an EVA module anymore, to avoid triggering Kerbal duplication bug
  - rescaled geiger counter part to half size
  - clarified scrubber tooltip description
  - fix: exception in computer system when two networked vessels have the same name
  - fix: correct lifetime estimates during simulation steps when meals are consumed

I will not be very active here in the next month or so, possibly not active at all.

If you find bugs or other undesired behaviours, please report here or on github and include the following:

• description of the steps required to reproduce it
  • the log file, that you can find in KerbalSpaceProgram/KSP.log
  • a copy of the savegame
  • a list of mods used
  • name of the vessel that are causing the problem and the list of part mods used in that vessel, if applicable
  • whatever else you think it may be useful

Also if somebody has suggestions on how to improve or refine this mod, feel free to post it here.

2 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

I will not be very active here in the next month or so, possibly not active at all.

If you find bugs or other undesired behaviours, please report here or on github and include the following:

• description of the steps required to reproduce it
  • the log file, that you can find in KerbalSpaceProgram/KSP.log
  • a copy of the savegame
  • a list of mods used
  • name of the vessel that are causing the problem and the list of part mods used in that vessel, if applicable
  • whatever else you think it may be useful

Also if somebody has suggestions on how to improve or refine this mod, feel free to post it here.

- rescaled geiger counter part to half size

ya i thought it was a wee big. :)

my Kerbalism science plane:

KsLHPyp.png

magnetron sticks out of the rear of the plane.

8 hours ago, deb said:

If i remember correctly there was some issues with the mod "background processing". i'm installing deepfreeze and he wants to install it too. should i let him or deselect it?

i hope this hasn't been already asked, i tried to search for it, but i didn't found anything clear about it.

Yeah, swimming through 99 pages to find that out won't be pretty, so the answer is... you don't need background support, kerbalism support deepfreeze on is own.

Now a question about the computer, is it possible to add "list device" as part of the "list" command? I keep forgetting the names of the devices, or it could just show the devices on the ship you execute the command, dunno.

I'm out, ciao.

Hey Guys, I want to say Im trying to build a Jool 5 Mission, But withe the shielding at Max i can only get about 300 or so days of Radiation. Even with the new Active Shield I cant seem to get it above 350 without adding 10000 Active shielding things.

SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!

6 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

Drat. I wish I had gotten to this sooner...

@ShotgunNinja, I saw where you have the Kerbals eating food twice a day in the realism profile. I might be wrong, but wouldn't the waste_ratio also need to be halved:

waste_ratio = 0.179226873219374 Kerbals dump <- this much twice a day and not 0.358453746438747?

As for degeneration, I dunno if that would need to be halved cuz I've never had nor have I tried to starve out my kerbals. I'd take a wild guess and say probably not.

Also, that new 'small' oxygen tank wasn't properly included for the realism profile. Keeping inline with the realism profile, all I did was stuff the following right into the profile. I believe that works out to about 15 days oxygen (No scrub) for a single kerbal. Since it was rescaled 0.6, I'd assume the mass would drop to.

@PART[kerbalism-oxygen-radial-small]
{
  @mass = 0.27

@RESOURCE[Oxygen]
  {
    @name = Oxygen
    @amount = 2025.0
    @maxAmount = 2025.0
  }
}

I know this has nothing to do with kerbalism, but isn’t there a mod or a way to globally cap how fast KSP can time warp? And by that I mean no matter what the end user does or even another mod, KSP can never time warp at max speed. I'd prefer that max to be two little green arrows less then full speed. Just ask'in...

Lastly, I guess it would suck if SN had to update again just because of the above, so I can store a realism profile on GitHub that has these changes included. You can get a config for KPBS as well as some custom parts for the realism profile. See the link on the first page of Kerbalism.

24 minutes ago, DarkonZ said:

I know this has nothing to do with kerbalism, but isn’t there a mod or a way to globally cap how fast KSP can time warp? And by that I mean no matter what the end user does or even another mod, KSP can never time warp at max speed. I'd prefer that max to be two little green arrows less then full speed. Just ask'in...

This mod doesn't exactly do what you want, but allow you to customize time warp, also seems to be some issues there, so use it on a copy of your saved game just in case something happen.

1 hour ago, Kerbos said:

This mod doesn't exactly do what you want, but allow you to customize time warp, also seems to be some issues there, so use it on a copy of your saved game just in case something happen.

Thanks man, kinda rings a bell from a long time off. Oh well, I guess if someone actually DID cap the KSP time warp, I doubt I'd be asking about it. I wonder why the KSP devs didn't think that should be a controlled value with a controllable cap as well. <-- See I'm not a programmer, just a user.

I have the latest kerbalism version installed, and i'm getting this error spam on the log file:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KERBALISM.Info.<on_gui>b__0 (.Vessel k) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].GetIndex (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].Find (System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KERBALISM.Info.on_gui () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KERBALISM.Engine.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].GetIndex (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].Find (System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Guid.ToByteArray () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KERBALISM.Lib.VesselID (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KERBALISM.Cache.VesselInfo (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KERBALISM.Engine.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KERBALISM.Kerbalism.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Any clue how I can fix it? I had to close KSP and open it again as I couldn't click on buttons on the GUI.

17 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

Well, Vall doesn't look like neither of them, but Io is the first major moon of Jupiter in order of distance. Excluding that abomination of Laythe, Vall was the only one I could use as Io. Honestly Eeloo seem to look like Europa, don't know why. That experimental file wasn't meant to be included in the release...

So I should delete the experimental file? And the KSP wiki says that Vall is Europa. I know that Europa looks nothing like Vall, but it's the best they got. Laythe is the Io analogue, even though they are nothing alike. The developers of KSP wanted to make Laythe more hellish like Io, but people liked the present Laythe to much to change it.

I have a lot of mods and no real time to investigate thoroughly so this may be a long shot.

I was wondering if anyone else is having the disastrous problem of a sudden part malfunction (while in full time warp) leading to one part (regardless of which part malfunction) overheating to max and exploding the entire base. This is happening while drilling and converting ore at full time warp.

2 hours ago, theSpeare said:

I have a lot of mods and no real time to investigate thoroughly so this may be a long shot.

I was wondering if anyone else is having the disastrous problem of a sudden part malfunction (while in full time warp) leading to one part (regardless of which part malfunction) overheating to max and exploding the entire base. This is happening while drilling and converting ore at full time warp.

No sry, everything works fine here.

29 minutes ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Just wondering... Is there a gallery of parts anywhere?

Page 1, but it doesn't really clarify much, there's 3 sizes of food containers 0,5 (I think it's 0,5), 1.25 and 2.5. 1 water container same size of a small rounded monopropellant tank (0,5?). 3 sizes of oxygen tanks, radial attached, the middle one is a bit smaller than a goo container, gravity and greenhouse are quite big, around the size of a mobile lab, geiger is now like a barometer and the active rad shield is a 2.5 thing, same size as the smaller 2.5 stock fuel tank.

The rest of the stuff is incorporated into other parts, like scrubbers and radiation shields inside a command pod.