[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

36 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@SavageAngel

There isn't a way to 'make it stop'. If I forbit data collection when all the science credits about that subject have been recovered/transmitted already, then all 'collect science from XXX' contracts will become impossible to satisfy after you collect all possible science credits from a specific body/situation.

sorry wasn't very specific. It It always appears when I run an experiment that its giving me the science credit even thought I already received it, and it doesn't actually give me the credit when I transmit or retrieve it. I can see how this would be impossible to work around for contracts.

I'll just keep a paper check list going on my desk so when I start a new career and have a few drinks I don't end up taking thermometer readings of the grasslands 10 times thinking I'm getting science credits.

19 minutes ago, SavageAngel said:

sorry wasn't very specific. It It always appears when I run an experiment that its giving me the science credit even thought I already received it, and it doesn't actually give me the credit when I transmit or retrieve it

If you have recovered/transmitted the data already: the stock science dialog will show you 0 credit for the experiment (in the 'value' bar, just like it was always in stock), and the tooltip of that file in the data UI will not show you the science credits.

39 minutes ago, Hrubec said:

Are the radiation belts also working for non-stock planets

There are radiation definiton for stock planets, OPM, RSS and New Horizons included. But not Galileo. If somebody make a patch I will include it.

55 minutes ago, SavageAngel said:

sorry wasn't very specific. It It always appears when I run an experiment that its giving me the science credit even thought I already received it, and it doesn't actually give me the credit when I transmit or retrieve it. I can see how this would be impossible to work around for contracts.

I'll just keep a paper check list going on my desk so when I start a new career and have a few drinks I don't end up taking thermometer readings of the grasslands 10 times thinking I'm getting science credits.

I think I'm seeing something similar, but it doesn't seem to happen all the time.

I sent a bunch of landers to Minmus. Each of them collected temp, pressure, and seismic data and transmitted it back to Kerbin.

If I try collecting the samples again the stock science dialog shows that I'll still get more science for it, but if I retransmit I get zero science.

Interestingly back at KSC in the research and development science archive tab all the experiments which have this problem show zero science data collected.

@ShotgunNinja So to better explain the problem started to play around with running 2 experiments on the launch pad over and over and weird things happened.

This is all With 1.2.2 KSP and Pre6 Kerbalism no other mods.

So I launched my pod with a goo container and ran it and crew report. everything looks normal

http://imgur.com/a/SQ0Tu

http://imgur.com/a/PxVDc

Repeated second time and this happened. It didn't give me science credit for the goo but it gave me science credit for the same crew report again.

http://imgur.com/a/rYsAk

Third time it correctly didn't give me science credit for either experiment but the stock science log still shows the value bar full.

http://imgur.com/a/uZReF

http://imgur.com/a/bfNus

I did this several other times with different experiments and encounter some situations.

One time I ran the thermometer on the launch pad and recover the vessel about 6 times. The first time it gave me the science credit, and the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th times it did not. However, on the 5th try or so it gave me science credit again. I ran it a 6th time and the value bar was finally empty.

I had another game named default and I just overwrote it with a new save. In this game when I ran the goo and crew report the science credit bars were full but it never game me credit when I retrieve the vessel and I was unable to earn science credit in this game till I deleted it manually and created a new one.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this very well. :confused:

Edit: I uninstalled and reinstalled KSP and stock 1.2.2 dose not have this issue until I install Kerbalism.

Also turning of the science portion of Kerbalism fixes the problem (I know that's kinda obvious but thought I would say it anyway)

Edited by SavageAngel

21 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@lordcirth I tried to replicate your timewarp issue, but it doesn't seem to be any. I timewarped at 100,000x and the first message I got was that Nitrogen was getting low on your 'Manned Month' vessel. See video here.

Well, who knows.  I think that was pre3, I did have some other mods (none that seemed obviously likely to interfere, though).  If it works now, that's good.

@SavageAngel, @jbetten The 'double' entry in the vessel recovery dialog is generated when you run the experiment, and then hit the 'recover vessel' button without closing the experiment dialog. The rest of the issues I'm looking at them now.

@Alvargon What is the perceived issue here? I'll explain how the antenna works and please clarify what is not working:

• Antenna need to be extended to work
  • This can be disabled in settings
  • In any case, antennas can be extended/retracted even without a connection

11 hours ago, Alvargon said:

1.1.5-pre7 still having the same problem

I think that you are referring the small Commnet/Kerbnet control bar in the top-left of the screen ? Kerbalism signal system disable the stock (we say stock here, not vanilla, vanilla is for Minecraft :D) CommNet feature introduced in 1.2 (but not the KerbNet access). it's not a but, it is a feature ! If you don't see any signal lines, check that you have extended the antennas on your vessels.

Found the issue with the science credits, sorry guys that was messed up from some innocent-looking changes done a couple of pre-releases back.

I've also refactored how the data is hijacked, so the issue with duplicate entries when recovering the vessels can't happen anymore.

image.pngVersion: 1.1.5-pre8
Require: KSP 1.2.2, ModuleManager 2.7.5
Download: github

Thanks to all the testers! Tomorrow I will finally release this thing, if no major issue turns out in the next 24h.

Changelog (from 1.1.5-pre7):

• more solid method for data hijacking
  • fix: Greenhouse was consuming Oxygen instead of producing it
  • fix: wrong amount of science credits reported
  • fix: science recovered/received was not recorded in the RnD UI
  • fix: duplicate science entries on vessel recovery, on some occasions
Spoiler

Changelog (from 1.1.5-pre6):

• ported to KSP 1.2.2
  • added Nitrogen harvesting setup to the atmo harvester
  • show/hide body info window with B key
  • mute/unmute messages with PAUSE key
  • greenhouse crop doesn't degenerate anymore when conditions aren't met: it just stop growing
  • wet workhop patch disabled, because it will conflict with any mod that change the fuel tanks content
    (the proof-of-concept patch is still in Habitat.cfg, but commented out)
  • fix: greenhouse estimates in planner, when landed on Kerbin
  • fix: always add Atmo capacity to eva kerbals
  • balance: reduced EC consumption of greenhouse, gravity ring and active shield
  • balance: tweaked greenhouse food output and time to harvest
  • balance: increased amount of nitrogen included with pressure control ECLSS setup

Changelog (from 1.1.5-pre5):

• signal: antenna can be extended/retracted when vessel has no connection
  • signal: support 'triggered' data
  • signal: 'compress' data that is not transmitted in background
  • signal: use new IContractObjectiveModule for Antenna
  • reliability: extra cost/mass is specified in proportion of part cost/mass
  • science: more solid support for malformed subject id and missing experiment definitions
  • timewarp is stopped instantaneously, and will be stopped during warp to next morning
  • balance: tweaked data size of stock/dmagic science experiments, don't touch the rest
  • balance: atmo analysis experiment can be done on surface, not biome-dependent anymore
  • balance: tweaked reliability extra cost/mass
  • balance: decreased MTBF bonus on high-quality components
  • balance: increased chance of critical failure
  • balance: greenhouse food production increased, enough for a crew of 3
  • balance: increased amount of oxygen on EVA
  • fix: do not cache vessel position anymore
  • fix: wrong signal warnings on scene changes and on prelaunch
  • fix: include shader bundles for linux and osx
  • fix: wrong densities for Atmo and WasteAtmo resources, adapted related processes rates
  • fix: drive swapping on undocking

Changelog (from 1.1.5-pre4):

• fix: Nvidia rendering issue (for real this time! thanks to all the testers :))
  • fix: extreme slowdown on scene changes (oops)
  • fix: spurious signal warning messages on scene change
  • caches are only cleared when a new savegame is loaded
  • destroyed/recovered/terminated vessels are purged from the cache
  • identify savegame by unique id

Changelog (from 1.1.5-pre3):

• fix: Nvidia rendering issue (hopefully, need confirmation from an Nvidia user)
  • fix: avoid confirm popup getting stuck when the science dialog is closed by game events
  • fix: do not render signal lines when Signal is disabled
  • fix: do not render anything in space center view, irregardless of MapView.MapIsEnabled value
  • fix: force refresh of VAB UI when quality is changed on a Reliability module
  • fix: force refresh of VAB UI when setups change on a Configure module
  • balance: reduced atmosphere leak rate
  • balance: slightly increased pressure control capacity
  • balance: 1.25m lander pod now get 2 ECLSS module slots
  • balance: reduced processing capacity of big ISRU chemical plant

Changelog (from 1.1.5-pre2):

• fix: missing resources in parts that are using Configure module
  • fix: exceptions thrown by Reliability module in some circumstances

Changelog (from 1.1.5-pre1):

• data UI show experiment body/biome/situation
  • data recorded is now clamped to max available for that experiment situation
  • scaled down experiment data size a bit, randomized the values
  • hijack data from any science container, not just ModuleScienceExperiment
  • use buffering in data transmission to avoid triggering OnScienceReceived event too much
  • fix: combinatory explosion in Configure module symmetry handling
  • fix: resource duplication in Configure module
  • fix: support multiple pages in science dialog
  • fix: analytical sunlight issue during timewarp blending
  • fix: remove drive on PartDie, instead of PartDestroyed

Changelog (from 1.1.4):
* this is a summary of the changes  
  Rule framework
    - multiple profiles can cohexist in the same installation, only one is enabled from user settings
    - Process: vessel-wide resource consumer/producers driven by modifiers        
    - split Supply out of Rule, for additional flexibility
    - can use resource amount as a modifier
    - many new modifiers, to leverage the information provided by habitat
  Features framework
    - user specified features are set by a flag in settings
    - other features are detected automatically from the modifiers used in the active profile    
    - inject MM patches during loading screen, before MM is executed
    - third parties can check for specific features or profiles by using NEEDS[]
    - parts are enabled/disabled automatically depending on features used    
  Resource cache
    - new 'exact, order-agnostic' algorithm for consumption/production chains at arbitrary timesteps
    - consider interval-based outputs in depletion estimates    
  Configure
    - new module Configure: can select between setups in the VAB or in flight
    - setups can specify resources and/or modules
    - setups can include extra cost and mass
    - setups can be unlocked with technologies
    - configuration UI, that show info on modules and resources for a setup    
  Habitat
    - new module Habitat: replace CLS internal spaces
    - used to calculate internal volume in m^3, and surface in m^2    
    - can be disabled/enabled even in flight to configure the internal space as required
    - support inflatable habitats
    - can be pressurized/depressurized
    - can keep track of level of CO2 in the internal atmosphere
    - can be added to parts with no crew capacity
  Greenhouse
    - improved module: Greenhouse
    - lamps intensity is determined automatically, and is expressed in W/m^2
    - can have radiation and pressure thresholds for growth
    - can require an arbitrary set of input resources
    - can produce an arbitrary set of by-product resources
    - growth will degenerate if lighting/radiation/pressure conditions aren't met      
  ISRU
    - planetary resource definitions based on real data
    - new module Harvester: for crustal/atmospheric resource extraction, use abundance/pressure thresholds    
  Wet workshops
    - some stock tanks can now be configured as either fuel tanks or habitats, even in flight    
  QualityOfLife
    - new module Comfort: replace Entertainment and provide a specific bonus, added to some stock parts
    - modified module GravityRing: now provide firm-ground bonus
    - living space is calculated from volume per-capita    
  Radiation
    - shielding required is now determined by habitat surface, and map to millimeters of Pb
    - rtg emit a small amount of ratiation
  Planner
    - single page layout, with panel selection
    - show consumers/producers of a resource in tooltip
    - improved/redesigned most panels
    - redundancy analysis for Reliability panel    
  Reliability
    - improved subsystem: Reliability
    - support arbitrary third party modules
    - components are now disabled when they fail
    - two types of failures: malfunctions (can be repaired) and critical failures (can't be repaired)
    - safemode: there is a chance of remote repairs for unmanned vessels
    - components can be assigned to redundancy groups
    - an optional redundancy incentive is provided: when a component fail, all others in the same redundancy group delay their next failure
    - removed 'manufacturing quality'
    - can select quality per-component in the vab, high quality means higher cost and/or mass but longer MTBF    
  Signal
    - improved: focus on data transmission rates and differences between low-gain and high-gain antennas    
    - high-gain antennas: can communicate only with DSN
    - low-gain antennas: can communicate with DSN and with other vessels
    - low-gain antennas: can be flagged as 'relay' to receive data from other vessels
    - can choose what level of control to lose without a connection:
      . 'none' (lose all control),
      . 'limited' (same as CommNet limited control) and
      . 'full' (only disable data transmission)
    - easy parameters for antenna definitions
    - simple data rate attenuation model
    - render data transmission particles during data transmission
    - disable CommNet automatically when enabled
    - connection status is obtained by CommNet or RemoteTech when signal is disabled
    - new signal panel in vessel info window, show data rates, destination and file being transmitted    
  Science
    - new subsystem: Science, improve on data storage, transmission and analysis
    - transmit data over time, even in background
    - analyze data over time, even in background
    - the background data transmission work with Signal, CommNet or RemoteTech.
    - new module: HardDrive, replace stock data container, can flag files for transmission and lab analysis
    - new module: Laboratory, can analyze samples and produce transmissible data    
    - work with all science experiment modules, both stock and third-party, by hijacking the science result dialog
    - data storage: can store multiple results of same experiment type, can transfer to other parts without requiring EVA
    - data storage: can still be stored on EVA kerbals, and EVA kerbals can take/store data from/to pods
    - data UI: show files and samples per-vessel, can flag for transmission or analysis, can delete files or samples
    - properly credit the science over time
    - do not break science collection contracts       
  Automation
    - removed the Console and command interpreter    
    - new scripting system: not text-based anymore
    - new component control and script editing UI
    - script editor UI highlight parts for ease of use    
  Misc
    - ported to KSP 1.2.1    
    - consistent part naming scheme
    - rebalanced mass/cost of all parts
    - improved part descriptions
    - do not change stock EC producers/consumers anymore
    - adapted all support patches, removed the ones not necessary anymore    
    - shaders are loaded from asset bundle
    - removed workarounds for old SCANsat versions
    - some Settings added, others removed
    - action group support for all modules
    - properly support multiple modules of the same type in the same part
    - optimized how animations in modules are managed
    - can optionally use the stock message system instead of our own
    - can optionally simulate the effect of tracking pivots on solar panels orientability
    - removed helmet handling for EVA kerbals
    - doesn't require CRP anymore, but it will still work along it
    - improved how crew requirements are specified in modules
    - show limited body info window when Sun is selected, instead of nothing
    - new contract: analyze sample in space
    - new contract: cross the heliopause
    - rebalanced ec consumers/producers    
    - show tooltips in vessel info
    - use common style for all part info tooltips    
    - AtomicAge engines emit radiation (ThePsion5)  
    - more love for VenStockRevamp patch (YaarPodshipnik)        
  Profile: 'Default'
    - rewritten from scratch
    - balanced consumption rates from real data
    - balanced container capacity from real data
    - water
    - co2 poisoning
    - pressurization: influence quality of life
    - configurable ECLSS in pods: scrubber, water recycler, pressure control, waste processing
    - configurable supply containers: can store Food, Water, Waste
    - configurable pressurized tanks: can store Oxygen, Nitrogen, Hydrogen, Ammonia
    - greenhouse: require Ammonia and Water, produce Oxygen and WasteWater as by-product, need to be pressurized, has radiation threshold    
    - stock ISRU plants can be configured with one among a set of reality-inspired chemical processes
    - stock drills can be configured with a specific resource harvester
    - stock atmo experiment is also used as configurable atmospheric harvester
    - stock fuel cells act like real fuel cells
    - new part: Chemical Plant, can execute reality-inspired chemical processes, unlocked early in the tech tree    
  Profile: 'Classic'
    - this profile mimick the old default profile, without the new stuff  
  Profile: 'None'
    - choose this if you want to play with third-party life support mods
  Bugs fixed
    - fix: nasty problem with interaction between cache and analytical sunlight estimation        
    - fix: radiation body definitions were not loaded in some cases    
    - fix: planner, stock laboratory EC consumption wasn't considered
    - fix: planner, solar panel flux estimation was considering atmo factor even in space
    - fix: planner, correctly skip disabled modules    
    - fix: spurious signal loss message when undocking    
    - fix: maintain notes and scripts even after docking/undocking    
    - fix: highlighting of malfunction components in pods
    - fix: in monitor UI signal icon, show all relays in the chain
    - fix: bug with killing eva kerbals while iterating the list of crew    
    - fix: exception when loading dead eva kerbals
    - fix: module index mismatch when loading dead eva kerbals

@jlcarneiro Here's a summary of gameplay changes. Note that this assume you are using the default profile.

• kerbals now require water
  • kerbals can die of co2 poisoning
  • each pods can be configured with 2 of the following ECLSS setups:
    • Scrubber
    • Pressure Control
    • Water Recycler
    • Waste Processor
  • the Scrubber now sequester co2 from the internal atmosphere, instead of acting as a recycler
  • quality of life can be improved by providing a pressurized habitat (that in turn consume Nitrogen)
  • you can enable/disable parts of the habitat in flight
  • the inline supply containers can be configured to store:
    • Food
    • Water
    • Waste and WasteWater
  • the radial supply containers can be configured to store:
    • Oxygen
    • Nitrogen
    • Hydrogen
    • Ammonia
    • CarbonDioxide
  • the greenhouse:
    • require water
    • require a fertilizer (Ammonia)
    • produce oxygen
    • will not grow without a pressurized habitat
    • will not grow if exposed to high radiation
  • the stock ISRU 'ore->fuel' has been replaced by a set of chemical processes, that are choosen in the VAB:
    • water electrolysis
    • sabatier process
    • haber process
    • molten regolith electrolysis
    • solid oxide electrolysis
    • anthraquinone process
    • hydrazine production
  • the stock drill need to be configured to extract one specific resource among these:
    • water
    • ore
  • there is now an atmospheric harvester, and can be configured to harvest one of these resources:
    • carbon dioxide
    • oxygen
    • nitrogen
  • the reliability system:
    • components either malfunction, or have critical failures
    • in both cases, they stop working
    • malfunction can be repaired, critical failures can't
    • failures on unmanned vessels have a chance to be repaired remotely
    • component quality is decided by the user per-component, in the VAB, and has an extra cost and mass
  • the communication system:
    • is more focused on data transmission rate
    • separe the functions of low-gain and high-gain antennas
    • low-gains can communicate with DSN and with other vessels
    • high-gains can only communicate with DSN
  • the science system:
    • replace the stock science container
    • can transmit data over time using signal, CommNet or RT
    • non-transmissible data are 'samples', that can be analyzed in a lab to produce transmissible data

I'm sure I forgot something...

@ShotgunNinja I just want to let you know how much we all appreciate the work you've put into this mod. I originally picked up Kerbalism because it combined the use of signal and life support and had a planner in the VAB so I didn't have to look up consumption rates and do math every time I did a manned mission. You've taken this a lot further now and it's easily one of the most comprehensive mods I have. I love that you base all of this on reality and I can't say how much I appreciate the level of user input and feedback you lend us.

Thanks as well to all you play testers. This is easily my favorite mod and my line of work is exceasively busy this time of year leaving me without much time for games, let alone any bug hunting. You are the ones giving awesome feedback and helping balance this mod. Without your input, this mod would be very different and it would take much, much longer for a stable release.

So thanks to everyone involved!

5 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:
6 hours ago, jbetten said:

Just tried out pre8. When I try to collect science the stock science dialog isn't coming up, instead the data goes straight to the hard drive.

Yes that's how it work now.

I believe there's a small bug regarding this feature. I tried some quick missions with the science module turned off (Science = false in settings.cfg). The stock science dialog still doesn't come up. They run fine ([x] Science displays normal behavior), but the "Review Data" option in the right-click menu doesn't work. The button appears and then disappears once you click on it with no other window appearing.

17 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@SavageAngel, @jbetten The 'double' entry in the vessel recovery dialog is generated when you run the experiment, and then hit the 'recover vessel' button without closing the experiment dialog. The rest of the issues I'm looking at them now.

@Alvargon What is the perceived issue here? I'll explain how the antenna works and please clarify what is not working:

• Antenna need to be extended to work
  • This can be disabled in settings
  • In any case, antennas can be extended/retracted even without a connection

Hi,

I mean that, the 1.2 antenna system disappear completely, you're still having the "always connected system" but you don't have the visual material, the green conection lines and else.

ksp_relay.png

it seems there is a bug regarding the stock mass calculation (both editor and mapview info)! The mass just changes randomly (for example if you tweak the amount of fuel in the tanks). the phisics mass is correct tho

This makes flightplanning impossible, as I dont know, how much delta-v I have....

@ShotgunNinja, i just want to say, great job with this mod, i started a 1.1.3 save with kerbalism installed, and it both revolutionized the game style, and made me build my first UKLRTBAGPTO (Unnecessarily Kerbal Rocket That Brings A Payload To Orbit) so you helped me not only build a spacecraft that had the capabilities to bring a kerbal to Duna, but you made an exceptionally awesome mod that helps me and everyone who downloads it to bring a level of realism to this (is the name just realism but kerbal?) game, keep up the great work!

can't wait for the 1.2 release! keep up the great work!

@Alvargon The Signal system in Kerbalism disable the 'stock antenna system', and has its own connection lines. If you want to maintain CommNet, simply set signal to false in Settings.cfg.

@The-Doctor Shielding was changed to 1 unit per square meter of habitat surface. The crew can survive a few storms without any shielding.

@stoani96 I can't replicate what you report. Tried with Kerbalism + KER, tweaked the fuel tanks, the component quality, changed configurable setups... mass is always reported correctly here.

@ShotgunNinja

Do you replace science lab module?

I have an issue with non-default space station contract, it does not count default science lab as laboratory.

From contract pack configuration:

PARAMETER:NEEDS[!StationScience]
        {
            name = ScienceLab
            type = PartValidation
            title = Have a Science Lab on board

hideChildren = true
            // The name of the part to check for. Optional.
            partModule = ModuleScienceLab
        }

0022.jpg