[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

@ShotgunNinja This image is what I get with the large antennas, this is with remotetech installed,it doesn't aim at the tracking station, it's ghosted and it doesn't work except at a far distance out of the planet's SOI. I dunno if this is a feature somehow, but this definitely seems like a bug and it's a massive deal breaker, virtually making the game unplayable with remotetech. Please help http://imgur.com/AwVWlI8

Here's my experience based on starting an new kareer game with Kerbalism, RealFuels, SETI Rebalance and lots of other mods:

• Data volume of 100+ MB for temperature and pressure scans around KSC doesn't seem to be very realistic.
  • Not having experiment results description is kinda boring, just clicking buttons and seeing data storage increase…
  • Activating multiple experiments at once through an action group doesn't place all results into storage, often there's just one and then I need to click 'Collect all' and 'Review stored data' on the command pod to get them stored properly.
  • Final Frontier awards ribbons for insane amounts of science points, something like thousands when it's really only about 50.
Edited by Eklykti
added FF; minor additions

Gotta bug here.  Autostrut seems to be disabled when Kerbalism is installed.  I have enabled the advanced tweakables in my settings but its simply not available in the right-click menu of parts in the VAB or the SPH.

Edit: Rigid attachment is available but not the other autostrut option.

Edited by JamesL86
additional info

3 hours ago, JamesL86 said:

Gotta bug here.  Autostrut seems to be disabled when Kerbalism is installed.  I have enabled the advanced tweakables in my settings but its simply not available in the right-click menu of parts in the VAB or the SPH.

Edit: Rigid attachment is available but not the other autostrut option.

Autostrut works for me...

Are you playing career mode? Autostrut isn't available in career until you get to Struts on the tech tree.

1 minute ago, bpilgrim said:

Autostrut works for me...

Are you playing career mode? Autostrut isn't available in career until you get to Struts on the tech tree.

Is that a new thing?  This is my first career since 1.2 release and it worked from the start in career at that time.

Kerbalism turns off comm network even if the gamemode has it enabled. 

Test case: Install only kerbalism + module manager on ksp 1.2.2 for windows 10 64 bit.

1. Start KSP
  2. Click Start New
  3. Select normal difficulty, Select "sandbox", name it whatever you like, I went with "default"
  4. Click Start
  5. newgame loads up -- push escape
  6. Click "settings"
  7. Click top button: "Difficulty options: normal"
  8. Note that the comm network radio/toggle button is turned offThis is the bug!

If you click the toggle button to turn it on and click accept followed by accept on the settings menu, you will get a custom difficulty game with the radio button on. However if you change context anywhere (try going to the tracking station and back to the main view) the radio button is toggled off again.

No matter what you do, comm networks don't seem to work with kerbalism.

If this is a known bug, I apologize for double reporting it. I just spent 45 minutes isolating this bug from the other 30 mods I run to this mod. If you need any logs or more information, don't be afraid to ask!

14 minutes ago, nixeagle said:

Kerbalism turns off comm network even if the gamemode has it enabled. 

Test case: Install only kerbalism + module manager on ksp 1.2.2 for windows 10 64 bit.

1. Start KSP
  2. Click Start New
  3. Select normal difficulty, Select "sandbox", name it whatever you like, I went with "default"
  4. Click Start
  5. newgame loads up -- push escape
  6. Click "settings"
  7. Click top button: "Difficulty options: normal"
  8. Note that the comm network radio/toggle button is turned offThis is the bug!

If you click the toggle button to turn it on and click accept followed by accept on the settings menu, you will get a custom difficulty game with the radio button on. However if you change context anywhere (try going to the tracking station and back to the main view) the radio button is toggled off again.

No matter what you do, comm networks don't seem to work with kerbalism.

If this is a known bug, I apologize for double reporting it. I just spent 45 minutes isolating this bug from the other 30 mods I run to this mod. If you need any logs or more information, don't be afraid to ask!

Kerbalism disables the CommNet network, it's purposeful and not a bug. It does this because it introduces a new signal system and science, it is necessary to have antenna in all vessels now. There is more information you will find on Wiki.

13 minutes ago, ThRodrigues said:

Kerbalism disables the CommNet network, it's purposeful and not a bug. It does this because it introduces a new signal system and science, it is necessary to have antenna in all vessels now. There is more information you will find on Wiki.

Ah, so my bug is a feature. I'll see if it's possible to turn it off then. Thanks!

Follows is an edit to my original post:

In the configuration file: Settings.cfg, changing 'Signal = true' to 'Signal = false', seems to cause kerbalism to use CommNet instead of its custom implementation.

Edited by nixeagle
note the setting to change

Looks like this mod isn't compatible with KSPI - even if I add antennas it still says, that signal is lost.

I use KRASH simulation to put unmanned powerplant on Moon with bigass transmitter, that can be used as antenna.

Also I added normal antennas.

46 minutes ago, AVaughan said:

Is the water recycler switched on in the vab?

Sir. I have a total of eight ECLSS modules, two of them are water recyclers. Now, I did play around with enabling and disabling them, didn't know it would have an effect. Guess what? I just checked. All are enabled except, you guessed it, the water recyclers. I have some luck today! :D

Thanks a lot, fixed my problem.

New version released: 1.1.6

- improved the ui
- JX2Antenna support patch by YaarPodshipnik
- ContractConfigurator support patch by Gotmachine

Improved Monitor

In the monitor, click on a vessel in the list will select it. The monitor will then show a panel about the vessel.
Right-clicking anywhere in the monitor to de-select the vessel and go back to the list view.

monitor.png

At the bottom, you can see there is a little menu. Click on the entries to switch panel.

All previous windows have been converted to panels.
It is possible to popout panels as windows by right-clicking on the menu icons.

Like this: here the telemetry panel has been opened as a window.

telemetry.png

Hi @ShotgunNinja loving this! Quick question, how would I go about creating something to support radiation in Galileo's Planet Pack? I think I understand the format of the file. But what do you use to get the rad/hr for the belts? Is there something that you use to derive these values, or is it a matter of try and see what works?

On 12/10/2016 at 11:53 AM, frans said:

First: awesome mod!!

On Mac, the communication network is completely disabled after installing Kerbalism. I outfitted a probe core with just an antenna and it has no connection at all. Even on the launch pad. I tried this with and without other mods.

With a career game in 1.2.1 it is the same thing. No ship has a connection at all. New or existing. 

Removing Kerbalism won't revert this behavior. I have to reinstall the game completely to get the com network back up again.

Good Evening All, 

Has anyone else had a communication issue with antennas that are played on Macs(OSXPlayer)?  I have started a new game (sandbox) with just a probe core with a simple antenna just to test it.  On Kerbalism is shows the antenna icon as red and I can't control it.  I have also adjusted the Settings.cfg => ExtendedAntenna = false but even after another new game (sandbox) the same issue occurs.  

Installed Mods:

• Kerbalism 1.1.6
  • ModuleManager 2.7.5 

And Thank you again to @ShotgunNinja this is a great mod

@ShotgunNinja um, does the new update fix the issues with remotetech? I posted a pic above, also, you stated the science features may be incompatible with external science mods, I wonder if it works fine with scansat and dmagic. Thirdly, when you collect samples and it says experiment inoperable, this is for the kerbals btw, do you need a scientist to enable other kerbals to ounce again be able to take surface samples? Fourthly, I think I got an idea that would enable the stock science container to have a purpose, I'm unsure if you'd like it, but, let's say to bring back samples you need the stock science container, otherwise samples can't be returned unless converted to data. 

I made a patch to make the ranges of the two strongest antennas (RA-100 and RA-15) 800 GM and 300 GM respectively.

Code:

@PART[RelayAntenna50]:NEEDS[FeatureSignal]:AFTER[Kerbalism]
{
  @MODULE[Antenna]
  {
    @dist = 3e11
  }
}

@PART[RelayAntenna100]:NEEDS[FeatureSignal]:AFTER[Kerbalism]
{
  @MODULE[Antenna]
  {
    @dist = 8e11
  }
}

Also, @ShotgunNinja: I found an issue. Every Kerbalism-configured container (including pods) reverts to default filled state upon reloading the vessel.

E.g. if I empty a pod with pressure control so that it holds 0 Nitrogen, save and reload the vessel, it will still hold the max amount of Nitrogen. The same happens with pressurized tanks and supply containers. This happens only to Kerbalism's resources, so, if there was for example Monopropellant in the pod, it stays saved.

And another thing, neither the chemical plant's processes nor the ECLSS ones are considered by the planner EC-wise. All resources that they convert do show up there, but not EC.

And even more things, haha. In the editor scene, the GUI has no click-through protection, meaning that if you click in some configuration GUI and your vessel happens to be covered by it, you end up detaching parts, in addition to configuring whatever you chose.

Edited by APlayer

On 12/23/2016 at 5:05 AM, nixeagle said:

Kerbalism turns off comm network even if the gamemode has it enabled

That is intentional. Signal replace CommNet.

On 12/23/2016 at 2:23 PM, ha15224 said:

So now that stock ksp has kerbnet, what does kerbalism 1.1.5 replace/change? (sry didnt get much in the new signals explanation)

Read the wiki.

22 hours ago, AVaughan said:

Is the water recycler switched on in the vab?

Processes can be turned on and off in the VAB. Scrubber and Pressure Control are running by default, but WaterRecycler and the others are not.

19 hours ago, Chimer4 said:

Hi @ShotgunNinja loving this! Quick question, how would I go about creating something to support radiation in Galileo's Planet Pack? I think I understand the format of the file. But what do you use to get the rad/hr for the belts? Is there something that you use to derive these values, or is it a matter of try and see what works?

I've based the radiation levels for stock bodies from reality, more or less. But with these planets not linked to reality however, you will have to decide what's most interesting to do. As guideline the home body should have the belts and the magnetopause, to make the user experience these from the start of the game. The rest is up to you.

19 hours ago, Yaar Podshipnik said:

what was supposed to be the behaviour of nuclear power source re: radiation? I can see that stock RTG emits some radiation, but nothing from Near Future does anymore...

Seems the NearFuture.cfg patch lost the definitions in the refactor. I'll see what I can do.

45 minutes ago, APlayer said:

Also, @ShotgunNinja: I found an issue. Every Kerbalism-configured container (including pods) reverts to default filled state upon reloading the vessel.

E.g. if I empty a pod with pressure control so that it holds 0 Nitrogen, save and reload the vessel, it will still hold the max amount of Nitrogen. The same happens with pressurized tanks and supply containers.

I am unable to reproduce this issue.

On 12/20/2016 at 6:20 PM, Tyko said:

Can I turn Radiation off entirely? I see a setting to turn Storms off, but not Radiation

Some features are detected automatically from the profile in use, such as Radiation. To turn it off, you need to use a profile that doesn't need the radiation modifier.

In the Wiki under Default Profile it says " Radiation belts will have extremely high levels " and in the Environment section it explains that there are 2 belts (inner and outer) the outer belt encompasses much of planetary surroundings. Does this mean that all of that space encompassed by both the inner and outer belts are saturated with extremely high levels?

The outer belt is the border of the structure you see.

More precisely it is the boolean subtraction of a torus with another one.

How does radiation exposure actually work? what are the "safe" levels?

Levels below 0.02 rad/h are relatively safe. In general a safe level is one that gives you enough lifetime to do the mission.

Edited by ShotgunNinja