[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

Hey, i want ask, is there a way to disable stop warp at warnings. And better it doesn`t stop on unmannned ships warnings, because having 50+ sats and probes stops my warp every 10 seconds. I cloud remove them via tracking station, but what if i need science from that body to complete contract?

Edit:Guys, stop saying me how to disable messages. I figured it out already after sending this messeage.

Edited by Nick233

1 hour ago, Nick233 said:

Hey, i want ask, is there a way to disable stop warp at warnings. And better it doesn`t stop on unmannned ships warnings, because having 50+ sats and probes stops my warp every 10 seconds. I cloud remove them via tracking station, but what if i need science from that body to complete contract?

You can do this on the auto or config tab.   Just in the tracking center, open the vessel list, click a vessel, and in there somewhere you can uncheck options that send notices. 

32 minutes ago, AstroPawian said:

how to get rid of mod Hydrogen Ammonia Nitrogen ???pls help

lest I wanted was just food water and oxygen and co2 

Create a custom profile, there's some pretty good documentation in the wiki, and looking at the different profiles that are packaged with the mod should give you a good start. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

4 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I'm getting duplicated resources on the resource containers, there are two separate configure buttons and double the normal resource amounts. 

May sound silly, but have you tried re-installing the mod? Otherwise, if you've edited any of the config files you might want to double check and make sure you haven't accidentally added a second 'configure' module to them

@ShotgunNinja, is the ability to reconfigure parts after launch WIP? I noticed the flag in the module, but there don't seem to be any reconfigurable parts... or am I just missing something? :P

13 hours ago, klugeh01 said:

May sound silly, but have you tried re-installing the mod? Otherwise, if you've edited any of the config files you might want to double check and make sure you haven't accidentally added a second 'configure' module to them

That fixed it.  

4 hours ago, AstroPawian said:

Hello I did to someone's to make a profile for me ??
yes :food ,water, oxygen, co2, geiger counter 
no :Nitrogen, Hydrogen ,Ammonia
Thx

I am in the process of doing something similar which I hope to get up today.  I'll post back here when it's ready.

I completed a mission to Duna and Ike, using a 10 day layover, with 2 kerbals in a vessel consisting of 2x Hitchhiker Cans (one fully shielded), a Greenhouse (not shielded) and Mk1 lander can (not shielded). A solar flare struck on the way to Duna and nearly killed both Kerbals (almost completely filling the radiation bar), they both lived to do the contracts and science at Duna/Ike but died shortly after departing from Duna. It was nice. I guess the shielding was a bit half-arsed but I hope with a well-shielded vessel it's possible to survive multiple solar flares.

Bugs encountered:

• After landing on Ike I suffered the "control lockout" bug where there is no control (except the ability to make the kerbal go EVA and set SAS orientations - but no throttle control, steering or action menu actions other than EVA), restarting the game fixes it (which indicates pretty damn strongly it's not a real problem with the vessel). Unfortunately not demonstrable via save as restarting the game fixes it. I've encountered this bug twice both times with a vessel with a manned pod and a probe core where the Kerbal goes EVA: Both times happened to be when I landed on the lowest point of a world, so maybe the shadow and signal blocking has something to do with it.
  • All the data sometimes goes missing. I think it's related to docking. It has happened fairly often but I haven't managed to reliably reproduce it.
  • When a greenhouse is ready to harvest but there are no Kerbals on board to harvest, you still get the constant reminder to harvest it even though such an action may well be impossible for years. This seems to happen reliably.

35 minutes ago, AstroPawian said:

thank you very much

It may or may not be exactly what you have asked for :).  It replaces food and water with Consumables (and Consumed Waste), oxygen with Air (and Bad Air instead of CO2).  Hopefully with the correct masses.  Ore can be converted to Consumed Waste and Bad Air, and with the chemical plant, and stock part (ISRU) alterations have been gotten rid of.  The greenhouse will convert Consumed Waste and Bad Air to Consumables and Air. No ammonia, nitrogen etc.

For now, I have moved away from the atmospheric pressure options, but retained space weather, radiation, stress et al.  I will also recommend turning off Kerbalism's Signal and Science (no hard-drives, but bringing back the Experimental Storage Unit) but my patch will retain Kerbalism's altered values and locales for the Stock Science.

It is a much more simplified system, and will be called... Kerbalism Simplified.  It probably won't be up until tonight now (NZST).  It will also probably need a balance pass!

Peace.

Edited by theJesuit

@ShotgunNinja I have noted a weird interaction of Kerbalism with two other mods, which I think its important to report. I am not saying this is a complaint and neither that any one mod should adapt regarding any other one! This is just something worth looking into.

The thing is, in the currwnt way that Kerbalism collects science, it is generating conflicts with some functions of DMAGIC ORBITAL SCIENCE mod, and it completelly inviabilizes STATION SCIENCE.

In the orbital science case, some experiments were supposed to be used two or three times (the mini goo, for instance, had two samples that allowed two logs by remote control), but apparently the data-storage system of kerbalism is not allowing that. Its just the one and that's it.

With station science its more serious a problem. This mod provides parts that must be "completed" after some criteria are met and then returned to kerbin. With kerbalism this became impossible, since clicking "finalize results" ends up generating science the usual way, ruining the returnable experiment (you can return it but its useless).

Now, again, I am not presuming to say who should conform to who. But those two mods are i.m.h.o. important comunity assets and making them dialogue a little better shoukd be worth some investigating into!

Edited by Daniel Prates

2 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

@ShotgunNinja hey, I think I found a bug with Galileos, Kerbalism isn't showing the radiation belt, nor is it reading it when I cross it, if I click to have the radiation belt shown, I run it doesn't respond, it stays red and the radiation belt remains unshown. Any suggestions? 

I just setup 6.4 GPP last night and I can confirm, if I have the B window open in map view and click the buttons to toggle radiation fields it flashes green for one frame and then flips back to hide mode. 

Just launched a dozen identical probes to Duna and Eve. I understand Kerbalism is responsible for parts malfunctioning.

Well, anyway, one of my landers made it all the way to Eve and then the fairing protecting the command probe and all antennas (which was meant to be jettisoned 1km above ground during landing) was jettisoned when in orbit (as a result of a malfunction in the PF brought on by Kerbalism).

Long story short, I should've invested more instead of going with the crappy quality fairings (and control wheels, and everything else that failed during the interplanetary trek).

Anyway, could you please create a button that lets the user switch the quality on ALL parts in a craft when in the VAB? Instead of having to click each and every part... 

Better yet, a system that lets the user decide which quality is the default for specific parts, e.g. it'd be nice if I could set payload fairings to always be of the higher quality, even in other designs...

Just an idea. Thanks in advance. :)

22 hours ago, theJesuit said:

It is a much more simplified system, and will be called... Kerbalism Simplified.  It probably won't be up until tonight now (NZST).  It will also probably need a balance pass!

Peace.

@AstroPawian, I didn't quite manage to get it uploaded tonight to SpaceDock due to RL issues.  Will have to spend some time this evening again.  Sorry for the delay. 

Peace.

Is there a way to make life support resources use the flow priority rules?

My kerbals keep being killed by lack of oxygen because their ship drains the oxygen from their reentry pod first. As soon as the pod decouples from the stage with all the storage, they suffocate.