[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

8 hours ago, NIcklett said:

Hello Great mod Ninja. But there is one thing i need to know xD. Is there any way to disable the cancel of time warp when a thing malfuntion, Solar storm etc? 

7 hours ago, Yaar Podshipnik said:

Got to Vessel config when in flight scene, switch to cfg tab, make sure a little red X is displayed by the messages you don't want to interrupt your warp.

apparently the Pause Break key toggles muting all messages. I'm not sure tho if the message mute stops the time warp cancellations, but I would suspect it does since the messages aren't being displayed anymore why stop the time warp?

Was there anything done in the last update that might have messed with electrical generation in upscaled games? I updated GPP at the same time, which previously had been working fine together with Kerbalism, and now my solar panel output is way low. This at 1 AU from the star, stock output should be like 1.6 kw.

3NlpQPq.png

@Skylon 

On 5/31/2017 at 1:59 PM, ShotgunNinja said:

Guys I just noticed KSP 1.3 New Markets has been released. Unfortunately (for you) I am also in the middle of some real life changes... so there will be a quick and dirt porting of the mod to KSP 1.3, in about a week or two, without any of the changes planned. But these are coming afterward, that much I promise. Hold tight and keep having fun.

I have an idea to enhance the reliability module a little bit.

We can use ScrapYard mod to calculate MTBF for each part. I was thinking to get the total number of uses of each part (ScrapYard keeps track of it) and do a reverse exponential curve (rapid increase at the beginning which will gradually reach a cap).  It will basically be a testflight combined with kerbalism default reliability behaviours but without all the calculation that testflight is adding into the game.

Also, we can simulate evolution of kerbin space program taking into account the total flights (i see in persistent.sfs a launchID variable that keeps track of all launches) and add to base MTBF for all the parts. For example, at the beginning a tank will not leak for 10 minutes or so and after some flights it will have a mtfb of years without high quality components. A new component will begin with some experience gathered from the first flights so it have a higher mtfb than the first tank , let's say 1 hour for example and so on.

What do you guys think, it will be more realistic?

6 hours ago, Deplaisant said:

Compatible with RO/RSS ? :)

For RSS, you might want to turn down the resource consumption, depending.  For RO - probably not - and doesn't make much sense, to me.  Kerbalism is a mod to make stock better while still being KSP.  RO is a total conversion.

8 hours ago, lordcirth said:

For RSS, you might want to turn down the resource consumption, depending.  For RO - probably not - and doesn't make much sense, to me.  Kerbalism is a mod to make stock better while still being KSP.  RO is a total conversion.

So it isn't 

I finished porting the mod for KSP 1.3.0.1804, only thing missing is adding support for the new Kopernicus solar panel, and that should be it. It may take a couple days. Meanwhile the last build on github is already compatible with KSP 1.3 for those interested.

@Waxing_Kibbous The only keys used by this mod are: B (to show the body info panel), Keypad 0-1-2-3 (to toggle radiation field rendering), and PAUSE to mute/unmute all messages. Tab is not used at all.

@ShotgunNinja  Try this, with a simple craft on the launchpad (a manned pod will do) open up the Kerbalism panel. Look at the group: none as pointed out in the image and hit Tab, in my game none becomes a cursor that I can populate with text, and that also suddenly takes away all keyboard control. Maybe this is KSP level functionality though? I can change my settings but this can be a dangerous trigger regardless.

9UHjgc2.jpg

Edited by Waxing_Kibbous

3 hours ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

@ShotgunNinja  Try this, with a simple craft on the launchpad (a manned pod will do) open up the Kerbalism panel. Look at the group: none as pointed out in the image and hit Tab, in my game none becomes a cursor that I can populate with text, and that also suddenly takes away all keyboard control. Maybe this is KSP level functionality though? I can change my settings but this can be a dangerous trigger regardless.

The tab is being captured by Unity. It just focuses the next available data entry UI element, which happens to be the group naming box.

On 06/06/2017 at 10:11 PM, ShotgunNinja said:

Meanwhile the last build on github is already compatible with KSP 1.3 for those interested.

I'm probably doing something dumb trying to get this to work. I'm guessing it's meant to kerbalism 1.2.8 + modulemanager 2.8.0? Just seems to crash on loading.

31 minutes ago, geb said:

I'm probably doing something dumb trying to get this to work. I'm guessing it's meant to kerbalism 1.2.8 + modulemanager 2.8.0? Just seems to crash on loading.

If your using KSP 1.3 than you have to actually download the source GitHub file.. Not the prepackaged 1.2.8. File.  Than manually put the file in your gamedata folder.

Edited by malkuth

50 minutes ago, malkuth said:

If your using KSP 1.3 than you have to actually download the source GitHub file.. Not the prepackaged 1.2.8. File.  Than manually put the file in your gamedata folder.

Yep, that works. Got it figured out. Thank you.

13 minutes ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

Does this work with Galileio's Planet Pack?

There's a search at the upper right that does an excellent job of searching this thread for all of the other people who have asked the same exact question...

58 minutes ago, ItCameFromDuna said:

Does anyone know what the consequences of a Kerbal's mental breakdown are? I can't seem to find it in the wiki.

If I remember correctly they start fumbling buttons and random components start exploding.  But I could be wrong.

@ShotgunNinja, I realize this would be a whole new story to do, but would it be possible to make the centrifuge smaller when stowed? This mod aims to add realism, and so I presume a big fraction of the users prefer the realistic, sleek launch vehicle look over kerbalized vessels that have overly large/no fairings at all. And the stowed diameter of 6.6 meters tends to produce exactly such shapes. Something that would at least fit into a fairing of 5 m, better yet a slightly widened 3.75 m one, would be much more practical.

This would probably require a full remodel and rethinking the animation, but I am willing to help as much as I can. That is, I have limited 3D modelling and decent Photoshop skills for the textures. But I'd need someone to guide me on how to put it all together into a KSP part and help with the animation. Also, while at it remodelling the centrifuge, I am not sure if I am the only one whom it bothered, but I feel like it is wrong that it currently has a bottom diameter of 2.5 m and a top diameter of 1.25 m. This could be edited as well. To ensure backward compatibility of ships, the new centrifuge could be a new part and you would keep the old one as is.

As for how it could be done conceptually, I suggest having a look at PorkJet's Habitat Pack. It has a 4 - seat centrifuge that inflates, and while the stowed:deployed ratio of it is not much better than yours (0.589 vs. Kerbalism's 0.611), the way it deflates allows to additionally fold the rings and make them smaller. My visual guesstimate is that you could, with such an animation, compress the centrifuge to up to one third of its normal size, which, in your case, would result in a diameter of about 3.6 m and just perfectly fit into a 3.75 m fairing.

Alternatively, if you do not want to make such a drastic addition to your mod, I would love to do it if anyone here could help me with making the part and animation. However, I have never done a real KSP part before, I only have moderate 3D modelling knowledge and no idea how to do the animation, so someone would really need to help out with that.

Edited by APlayer