[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

Hello to all.

Sorry if i missed this in my search through the previous posts.

How do i move the window that shows the information when i am in flght?

I press the icon and the gui comes up, but i need to move it to a different location on my screen.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am glad i found this mod.  add lots of fun stuff to the ksp realm.

Cheers.

@Waxing_Kibbous Ok, I understand. I'll see what I can do about that.

@ItCameFromDuna These are the possible consequences after a mental breakdown:

Untitled.png

@APlayer An inflatable ring? I like the idea, and it sound like a realistic design. But I have very low modelling skill, and zero experience in making models for KSP. If you come up with something and want to contribute it, I'll be flattened to include it in the mod.

@drtedastro You middle-click on one of the monitor panel icons ('info', 'auto', 'cfg', etc) and that panel pops out as a window, that you can then move by dragging it by the title.

6 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

An inflatable ring? I like the idea, and it sound like a realistic design. But I have very low modelling skill, and zero experience in making models for KSP. If you come up with something and want to contribute it, I'll be flattened to include it in the mod.

I assumed the current centrifuge was made by you? I would try to basically copy the part but change the model and animation. If it was not done by you, could you maybe provide some pointers on what you know about it, or whom to ask?

Edit: Wait, no. I just found out (by actually looking at the part's source, should have done that right away... Sorry!), it was done by @mehka. I will poke him about that in the future. Sorry again!

Edited by APlayer

3 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

New version released: 1.2.9

Changelog:
- ported to KSP 1.3.0.1804
- improved SSTU support patch (@Maxzhao1999)

does the update work with the new kopernicus solar panel stuff? Or is this just a 1.3 maintenance update? 

Thanks for your previous reply.

I am trying to move the first window.  The one that is at the top right of the screen.  I can move the next set of windows, but that first one is locked in position.

Thanks.

@ShotgunNinja IDEA! Great idea! So like, astronauts can't do EVA during CSME or they die right, but like, that's why we would use robotic arms and stuff. You could add in a patch that enables robotic parts from infernal robotics to do repairs like an engineer, that way, if there is a problem during a CSME, it can be fixed. You could integrate this with what you plan, hardware, so that when you want to repair something you need hardware, and like, if you integrate that with KIS/KAS the hardware could be stored in the containers, and if you integrate it further with Extraplanetary, then the hardware could be mined and refined or collected from spacecraft recycled by the recycler

Edited by The-Doctor

I'm eager to try out Kerbalism, but I have some concerns.  I use quite a few mods and having a look inside the support folder I suspect some are not supported.  Am I going to lose functionality for solar panels and pods for say Tantares and the MKS rovers?

I'm pretty comfortable copy/pasting examples and modifying values provided with mods to create my own patches, I've made more than a few TAC-LS patches and extended some of TAC-LS' own patches beyond just stock parts to include all crewed modules.  How hard would it be for me to add Kerbalism functionality to mods that don't include it?

@overkill13 No one may have used Tantares with Kerbalism for the simple fact that most or all mods associated with historical progression, real replicas and RSS primarily are tied to TAC Life Support, and Kerbalism has some resource-related inconsistencies with TAC and CRP. It is up to you alone to find and give the answer to this first question. By "MKS Rovers" do you mean the USI rover mods: Karibou and Malemute? They should be no problem.

The issue of Kerbalism and solar panels is generally mostly that if you time warp, every crewed vessel on rails becomes an Iron Maiden. Given that, a lot of us are patiently waiting for ShotgunNinja to fix that so we can fully enjoy this epic mod again. There is another special problem (that I don't know the full details of) that SSTU's solar panels don't register at all with Kerbalism. This may apply to Tantares too.

It's fairly easy to write a Kerbalism config for new things but its syntax is not your standard MM thing as there are added levels of abstraction to the patch code.

Hello everyone, I just dived back into Kerbalism recently and I noticed that the processes do not have the input / output I'm expecting. For example the scrubber on the Mk1 pod consumes 0.04 EC/s , 0.12 WasteAtmosphere/h and produces 0.03 CO2/s while the default profile (that I'm using) lists a consumption of 0.025 EC/s , 0.00002 WasteAtmosphere/s and a production of 0.02 CO2/s. The input/output seems to be multiplied by 1.5 and I'm not sure why. Can anyone help me with that?

Edit: I think I've got it. In the Default profile, there is a small line that multiplies the capacity of the pseudo ressources used by processes by 1.67 The number check out so I guess that must be it.

Edited by TheDuck700
Found the answer to my question

Another small issue is that Dmagics Orbital Science mod adds tons of new science gadget, and most of the things you would think are Data Driven are actually sample based.  Which means things you would normally  be sending out probes only for need crew..Like the solar particle part. Noticed the b9 Thermal Telescope has same issue.. Only way to get science from these is to have a crewed ship attached to it with Lab.  Kinda of a bummer.   Unless I'm missing some secret lab that doesn't need a Kerbal scientist.

So far noticed

Solar Particle

Camera 

B9 Thermal Telescope.

All obvious thing like soil samples, laser etc.

Edited by malkuth

On 6/12/2017 at 7:24 PM, The-Doctor said:

@ShotgunNinja IDEA! Great idea! So like, astronauts can't do EVA during CSME or they die right, but like, that's why we would use robotic arms and stuff. You could add in a patch that enables robotic parts from infernal robotics to do repairs like an engineer, that way, if there is a problem during a CSME, it can be fixed. You could integrate this with what you plan, hardware, so that when you want to repair something you need hardware, and like, if you integrate that with KIS/KAS the hardware could be stored in the containers, and if you integrate it further with Extraplanetary, then the hardware could be mined and refined or collected from spacecraft recycled by the recycler

That sounds like a neat idea. One thing I'd like to point out, though, is that Kerbalism has enough problems with inconsistencies of resources. It would be wise of Ninja to adopt CRP's Machinery or SpareParts resources instead of inventing Hardware. The only thing that would need to be done is to (however the SpaceDock mod does it) give EngineerSkill to a part so a craft can build/fix the craft. It may be more wise, also, to integrate with OSE Workshop which lets you build individual parts in flight (from MaterialKits) instead of having to go to the VAB, make a craft out of the desired parts, go back in flight, and pick that craft from EPL's UI.

21 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The issue of Kerbalism and solar panels is generally mostly that if you time warp, every crewed vessel on rails becomes an Iron Maiden.

Am I to understand that power isn't generated on inactive ships so the crew dies?  Any chance the Background Processing mod would be a stop gap solution or does it not play well with Kerbalism?

2 hours ago, overkill13 said:

Am I to understand that power isn't generated on inactive ships so the crew dies?  Any chance the Background Processing mod would be a stop gap solution or does it not play well with Kerbalism?

Pretty sure that Kerbalism has its own version of Background processing.  They most likely don't mix well.

4 minutes ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

Can a Kerbal recover from a breakdown, or are they pretty much shot at that point?

Recovering them on Kerbin will instantly reset it, I think, just like Radiation.

I'm getting a strange bug with background processing.  Several of my craft have run out of EC in background while using the Alkaline Fuel Cell Mini.  Oddly, this only happens to craft that are transmitting; disabling transmission has their EC rise slowly until 95%, as expected.  While focused, they generate more than enough power, even with only the 1kW segment enabled.  Restarting KSP didn't help.  Here is the log when switching to the vessel, then to Space Center:

https://gist.github.com/lordcirth/e96184e011e044ea8f35b40293e95a51

EDIT: While watching from Space Center, the battery icon flutters between Depleted and Perpetual, and transmission seems to continue.  Not sure if it's going full speed.  Is there perhaps a difference in EC cost between transmitting while active and while backgrounded?

Edited by lordcirth

Hi, I have just built a base, but if I focus on another ship is running the electricity within a few times and my team is close to death, 
when I then again my base clicks I have electricity again for 100 years. To Kerbalism, I use the way, Interstallar extendend.
Edited by BlackwingDave