[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

Hey!

Great mod!

Just a quick question. I'm sure it's been answered but I don't have time to delve through 182 forum pages to find it. Since I'd only like to use part reliability in this game at the moment, how would I go about disabling the other parts of the mod (e.g. resource requirements)? Apologies, I'm just not good when it comes to this kind of thing.

I appreciate the assistance,

Ryan

Hi ShotgunNinja, your epic mod is ... utterly epic...:)

I am currently doing a adventurous mission to Duna, and i am trying do this quite seriously, so shortly after approaching Duna SOI i`ve encountered a critical malfunction on a rover which is attached to a descend/ascend lander, and i am really worried about the happenings...

I know balancing is not on my side , but shouldn`t it be a possibilty to repair critical partfailures when the vessel it is on has landed?
Please excuse my request but you know... :)
I have a 5 star career engineer Kerbal in the crew... :rolleyes:

Your mods works great in my opinion, great work, excellent mechanics... Cheerz!

On July 1, 2017 at 3:16 PM, ryan234abc said:

I'm sure it's been answered but I don't have time to delve through 182 forum pages to find it

Well, these forums do have a search function. The wiki linked in the OP is smaller tho and has the info you need.

Hi guys !

I have a problem,I dont understand what happend, i put 2 satelite in orbit of kerbin and wanna make a relay them with an antena who can " relay " and didnt work, i tried  lot of time , i thinked was a bug but no didnt work at all
, i love this mod but it's impossible for me to play without relay 

Somebody have this issue ? 

Edited by teckillah

You need a lowgain antena to comunicate between vessels. The high gain antenas are used to comunicate just with the KSC, so, as far as I know, you need vessel A to have a low gain antena, vessel B to have a low gain antena with and have the relay option activates, and a high gain antena that automaticaly points at the KSC.

1 hour ago, teckillah said:

mini_254562TestRelay.png   I tryied one more time, and didnt work, no link inter vessel  I took Communotron 16 and and cliked on relay but nothing happend :/ 

One idea ? 

Did you right click on the low-gain attena (Communotron 16) and what options were you given? 

Ha, just had closer look of your screenie (on my phone), relay only kicks in when you can't get a direct connection to your home planet. Say you have two satellites around Mun and one can't connect to Kerbin directly so it will use the second satellite's relay attena. 

Hey guys, I've been spending the past hour designing my first ground base for remote bodies with no atmosphere - with all the chemical plants, water/ore drills, greenhouses and so on, it is self-sufficient for 10 years (when the Ammonia runs out). However, this base consumes 16 units of electric charge per second. During daylight, that's no problem, solar panels do the trick. At night, however (and the night can last for hours or days), I can't find any way to generate enough electricity to sustain even the most basic functions, like pressurization and greenhouses. Hydrogen fuel cells provide don't make sense (it takes more EC to produce hydrogen in the first place), RTG's - well, I would need ~20 of them, not even accounting for their decay, and waste burning process also doesn't give a lot of EC.

How do you guys usually handle ground base EC supply issue at nighttime?

28 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

I've just started tackling this myself. 

Fuel cells can work, but you need to set them up with the built in script so they only operate at night, and you use plentiful solar power during the day to electrolyze water into the hydrogen you need to last the night. 

Or, take the easy route and use Near Future nuclear reactors. :cool:

2 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

I've just started tackling this myself. 

Fuel cells can work, but you need to set them up with the built in script so they only operate at night, and you use plentiful solar power during the day to electrolyze water into the hydrogen you need to last the night. 

Or, take the easy route and use Near Future nuclear reactors. :cool:

Did you test that? I think I remember that hydrogen production is a lot slower than it's consumption... And I doubt I could make enough storage for hydrogen for those dozen-day-long nights on some of the outer planet moons!

1 hour ago, aluc24 said:

Did you test that? I think I remember that hydrogen production is a lot slower than it's consumption... And I doubt I could make enough storage for hydrogen for those dozen-day-long nights on some of the outer planet moons!

Hydrogen actually stores pretty well, though 16 EC/s is a lot, I'll admit.  The Universal Storage Akaline Fuel Cell I have maxes out at exactly 16EC/s.  It uses 0.06 hydrogen/s.  It holds 1400 Hydrogen internally, which is enough for one Kerbin day (presumably that was the plan).  A single Universal Storage hydrogen tank holds ~28,500 hydrogen, more than enough.  A Chemical Plant configured for Water Electrolysis produces 1 hydrogen/s for water at 0.05/m.  One thing I'm not sure about is the behaviour of the scripts toggling so often at high warps.  It might toggle at all the wrong times, I don't know.  Please give it a try and let us know!

Edited by lordcirth

On 29.12.2016 at 5:02 PM, jo_jo_binks said:

Hi, @ShotgunNinja.

I have two issues:

First, Station Science contracts (plant growth in space, for example) does not work with Kerbalism science system, but works when i disable it:

1. Dock experiment module to station, start research in lab, eurekas will start to grow.

2. When research is finished, push "Finalize Results" button in module. In stock experiment should stay in module, with Kerbalism it is moved to probe or command module.

3. Return experiment module with result in probe to Kerbin. In stock contract is counted, with Kerbalism it is not. Seems problem is in experiment dialog window.

Second, Kerbals on low orbit (station) die during timewarp with another active vessel. It happens only when station is in shadow when timewarp starts. Maybe it is possible to replace dynamic electric charge calculation to constant one, which happens only one time when vessel stops acceleration? Details: 9000 EC on station, consumption is about 1000 EC per shadow time, EC restores during light time completely. On 1000x timewarp everything is fine, on 10000x kerbals die.

Thanks for your work!

Hi @ShotgunNinja
i love your mod. now i've downloaded station science and i have the same problem as @jo_jo_binks.
Is there any way to get compatibility for station science or is it possible to insert a command to deactivate auto-transfer to probe or command module?
I think this could fix the problem.

Thanks for overburding your brain! :)

Edit: I know, there is the line for setting:

Science = true                      // science data storage, transmission and analysis

but is it possible to insert an activate/deactivate button to the ingame settings? 

Edited by SaintStyle

Its probably been asked before, so mea culpa beforehand ;-) but I can't find the answer. How can I tune the distance in which the belts become visible in the map view? I'd like to tweak them since I can't really observe them properly now.

On 8.7.2017 at 3:56 AM, aluc24 said:

I found aswell Nerteas NFT mods specially the nuclear reactors going well with Kerbalism, despite having a own electrics balancing plugin. I tried lots of different methods, NFT reactors seem deathproof to me actually.
And Kerbalism will definetly kill your Kerbals without reliable energysupply...:confused: 

On 7/8/2017 at 6:42 AM, lordcirth said:

Hydrogen actually stores pretty well, though 16 EC/s is a lot, I'll admit.  The Universal Storage Akaline Fuel Cell I have maxes out at exactly 16EC/s.  It uses 0.06 hydrogen/s.  It holds 1400 Hydrogen internally, which is enough for one Kerbin day (presumably that was the plan).  A single Universal Storage hydrogen tank holds ~28,500 hydrogen, more than enough.  A Chemical Plant configured for Water Electrolysis produces 1 hydrogen/s for water at 0.05/m.  One thing I'm not sure about is the behaviour of the scripts toggling so often at high warps.  It might toggle at all the wrong times, I don't know.  Please give it a try and let us know!

I tested it, and it works. But Universal Storage Alkine Fuel Cell is WAY more powerful and efficient than the stock/Kerbalism ones. Is it supposed to be like that, or is it overpowered due to some balancing oversight?

4 hours ago, MacLuky said:

Its probably been asked before, so mea culpa beforehand ;-) but I can't find the answer. How can I tune the distance in which the belts become visible in the map view? I'd like to tweak them since I can't really observe them properly now.

You can tweak the particle ammount in the settings and don`t forget to hit B in mapmode to activate the rendering, toggle the red text to green below... Theres a Wiki in the OP btw, a must read...

Yes I read that, and I don't want to tweak the particle amount of the radiation, just when I hit B and zoom the rings disappear too soon/late. I'd like to tweak the visibility 

2 minutes ago, MacLuky said:

Yes I read that, and I don't want to tweak the particle amount of the radiation, just when I hit B and zoom the rings disappear too soon/late. I'd like to tweak the visibility 

Maybe change the general setting of your graphics, i think this is the mod limitation what you mention here...
To me its more than sufficiant...