[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

6 hours ago, Mikki said:

I found aswell Nerteas NFT mods specially the nuclear reactors going well with Kerbalism, despite having a own electrics balancing plugin. I tried lots of different methods, NFT reactors seem deathproof to me actually.
And Kerbalism will definetly kill your Kerbals without reliable energysupply...:confused: 

Didn't used to be. There were problems at high timewarp where either NF or Kerbalism would insta-kill the crew because of some kind of buggy behavior. Perhaps Nertea's "dynamic battery" has fixed this, though.

Hi guys, This mod is just AWERSOME ! All feature and background are realy good, systheme of ISSU excellent, automatisation realy interessting, life support nice too, well all things in this mod are a good idea !

Just a Great mod ! 

I wanna know, he still working on ..?

i am realy impatient too see other feature, and new tree tech !

11 hours ago, aluc24 said:

I tested it, and it works. But Universal Storage Alkine Fuel Cell is WAY more powerful and efficient than the stock/Kerbalism ones. Is it supposed to be like that, or is it overpowered due to some balancing oversight?

That's interesting, I didn't notice.  @ShotgunNinja would the Universal Storage Alkaline Fuel Cell's balance be determined by Kerbalism?  Is it autoconverted from US's stock numbers?

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

where Kerbalisms signal overrides it

Just to be clear, you have signal disabled and it still overrides this mod is what you're saying? Because of course the signal aspect of Kerbalism would override anything to do with Commnet

I think I found a bug. I made a simple probe with just one solar panel. Once in orbit, I oriented the probe to the sun, facing it directly. I got 100% efficiency with it and left it there. I got back to the KSC and warped a few hours, then I noticed that my spacecraft was loosing EC (while on the sun). Got back to it and it was pointing at a different position, and now the solar panel was behind by the probe itself, recibing 0% sunlight. SAS and RCS were dissabled.

I reproduced it with different probes with the same design, and turns out the spacecraft turns itself at 1 degree/minute, so after 3 hours it points 180º in the opposite direction, always. This is not a problem with big solar panels since they always point at the sun, but in my career save I dont have access to them yet.

Was this like this from the beggining? is it a kerbalism bug or its like this in stock aswell?

4 hours ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

I think I found a bug. I made a simple probe with just one solar panel. Once in orbit, I oriented the probe to the sun, facing it directly. I got 100% efficiency with it and left it there. I got back to the KSC and warped a few hours, then I noticed that my spacecraft was loosing EC (while on the sun). Got back to it and it was pointing at a different position, and now the solar panel was behind by the probe itself, recibing 0% sunlight. SAS and RCS were dissabled.

I reproduced it with different probes with the same design, and turns out the spacecraft turns itself at 1 degree/minute, so after 3 hours it points 180º in the opposite direction, always. This is not a problem with big solar panels since they always point at the sun, but in my career save I dont have access to them yet.

Was this like this from the beggining? is it a kerbalism bug or its like this in stock aswell?

Rotation in stock stops when the craft is unloaded, and it stays relative to the planet, not the sun.  Persistent Rotation might help?

6 minutes ago, lordcirth said:

Rotation in stock stops when the craft is unloaded, and it stays relative to the planet, not the sun.  Persistent Rotation might help?

it is! i just made a clean install and it happens in stock as well. I may try persistent Rotation once its updated to 1.3. I just researched movile solar panels, so I guess this is not an issue anymore :P

8 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

There are some refurbished new parts out for use with Kerbalism. :wink: 

I will download theese now :D.

1 minute ago, bpilgrim said:

You can turn off the random failures in the Kerbalism settings file by changing 'reliability = true' to 'reliability = false'.

thxs!

do you know if there is a similar way to turn off lifesupport in the file so I can replace it with USI LS, or if ther is a way to take away the death penalty in kerbalism (that's the only reason why I use USI LS, when my guy runs out of food he doesn't die enless I want him too.

11 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

thxs!

do you know if there is a similar way to turn off lifesupport in the file so I can replace it with USI LS, or if ther is a way to take away the death penalty in kerbalism (that's the only reason why I use USI LS, when my guy runs out of food he doesn't die enless I want him too.

I don't know of a way to turn off life support, no.

On 7/10/2017 at 8:13 PM, Mikki said:

Maybe change the general setting of your graphics, i think this is the mod limitation what you mention here...
To me its more than sufficiant...

Could be, but here is what I meant http://imgur.com/a/M1ciJ

Ideally I'd like to analyse if my craft is in a belt or not

2 hours ago, MacLuky said:

Ideally I'd like to analyse if my craft is in a belt or not

Hm, maybe i get you wrong but anything should be visible....

Three crafts between inner and outer belt:

Spoiler

Oykputk.png

Ah, I was using the map view. There it shows only when I zoom out pretty far. I went over the code, but can't really find the cut off point, I guess I can use the map view too but I wanted to send a probe to map the field and position it in a belt. 

Btw. totally in love with the mod. Adding support for it to my next spacecraft mod

I am an idiot. I am using kerb size real solar system. That probably screws up the sizing, still worth fixing. I'd poke around the code myself but can't really pinpoint where scale is used.

On 6/25/2017 at 1:33 AM, bpilgrim said:

Does anyone know how to disable the resource coherency checking? I am trying to mine water on Duna using an unmanned lander, and the drill doesn't work when the vessel is unloaded. When the vessel is loaded and I try to do high speed warp I get the warning about EC acting incoherently (because I'm using a nuclear reactor I'm guessing), and it won't let me warp faster than 1000x. No Kerbals' lives are at risk here so I would like to disable it and let it do it's incoherent thing.

I see in the changelog for 1.2.7 that it is possible to disable this checking, but I didn't see the option in the Settings file. Did I just miss it, or is there some other way it has to be done?

Set EnforceCoherency to false in Settings.cfg.

On 6/25/2017 at 8:36 PM, aluc24 said:

I'm having a strange issue with Kerbalism. Every time I'm launching my favorite SSTO (named SoSTenutO) from runway (launching through KCT), I started getting numerous malfunctions right after the vessel loads [...]

That is most weird, I'll check it. Maybe some interactions with KCT. But then why it doesn't happen on the launchpad baffles me.

On 6/27/2017 at 0:32 AM, jlcarneiro said:

what changes should I make to CommNet Relays Contract Pack to make it compatible to Kerbalism

You could change it to check for modules of type Antenna instead of the stock data transmitter. However, you can't really detect if one antenna is set as relay without custom code.

On 7/1/2017 at 0:18 AM, GarrisonChisholm said:

is there a "manual" for this mod?

There is a wiki here, but unfortunately it is just some summary description of things and a few lists. I have plans to add some in-game guide in future. Meanwhile feel free to ask anything.

1 minute ago, ShotgunNinja said:

There is a wiki here, but unfortunately it is just some summary description of things and a few lists. I have plans to add some in-game guide in future. Meanwhile feel free to ask anything.

Okay, I will take an opportunity to ask: what is the expected way to generate electricity for bases far away from Kerbol? Running all the equipment that is needed to sustain Kerbals requires a lot of electricity. A 3 Kerbal base I built requires 16 EC/s. Solar panels only work in daylight, and nighttime can last very long on some bodies. Making up for it with RTG's increases part count A LOT, and that gives the lag, not to mention the price. Hydrogen fuel cells are very inefficient, and the electricity needed to produce hydrogen is more than the cell can provide. Unless we're talking about Universal Storage Alkine Fuel Cell, which is very efficient and powerful. So efficient and powerful, that it makes me suspect that it is simply not balanced with Kerbalism.
So, what is the proper way to generate these tremendous amounts of EC?